Name That Ship

It may not be difficult to cut in half, but it has not proved to be cost effective. I believe there were plans to do the same to several other ships in their fleet, but they were tabled.

There have also been some major problems!! Flooding, air problems etc. Please do get me wrong We LOVE the Enchantment. Since 2007, we have sailed on her 12 times. Really enjoyed the repositioning cruises.

very cool picture of Enchantment ... when did the "slice" take place?

I believe it took place in 2005. We sailed on her in the Fall of 2005 after she had been stretched. A similar procedure was used decades earlier with both the Song of Norway and Nordic Prince. Other lines have done the same thing with ships in their fleet (NCL comes to mind) .:)

That would be Enchantment of the Seas. :)

I believe it took place in 2005. We sailed on her in the Fall of 2005 after she had been stretched. A similar procedure was used decades earlier with both the Song of Norway and Nordic Prince. Other lines have done the same thing with ships in their fleet (NCL comes to mind) .:)

Yup, it's Enchantment in the shipyard for the "stretch" operation. She entered dry dock on May 15th, 2005, and then resumed service on July 7th, 2005. The work, btw, was done at the Aker Finnyards. :)

Archived