Epic..excitement..

Bgem75

I am just curious what others are most excited for.

My DH and I are sailing on the Sept 11th voyage. We are excited just to try something new ie: freestyle cruising. This is our first NCL and the EPIC is what made us book. We are so excited to have so many choices of activities, entertainment, restaurants... never mind it is OUR time..NO KIDS!! LOL:p

So now it is your turn..share what you are most excited for..:rolleyes:

I'm most excited for the spa -- I can't wait to see actual pictures of it once it's complete, but the artist's renderings make it look absolutely fantastic. (After that, it's a tie for pretty much every other feature of the ship).

It'll be our 5th NCL cruise and we all are getting excited.

1) bigger ship

2) Blue Man Group (we saw it twice in Las Vegas)

3) more dining options

4) our first stern cabin

5) Teens Club for our DS

6) getting stuck in the Epic Plunge

7) whatever - all different concept from previous cruises - we all are game!

8) it's a back to back for us - West & East - we couldn't decide which one so went for both! TWO WEEKS!!

mek - I noted you have cruised on Veendam ... you'll be interested to know that we saw it in Ushuaia (at the bottom of South America) when our NCL SUN was docked across him. And now it's docked here in Bermuda in Hamilton for 3 nights. Really happy sight for us locals! And it's weekly for this summer.

Very sleek and neat ship but it's too big to go thru the Town Cut to St. George's. We did agree it looked too big while we were in Ushuaia.

Can you enlighten us a bit about your experience on Veendam?

P.S. to Moderators - sorry to be off topic.

mek - I noted you have cruised on Veendam ... you'll be interested to know that we saw it in Ushuaia (at the bottom of South America) when our NCL SUN was docked across him. And now it's docked here in Bermuda in Hamilton for 3 nights. Really happy sight for us locals! And it's weekly for this summer.

Very sleek and neat ship but it's too big to go thru the Town Cut to St. George's. We did agree it looked too big while we were in Ushuaia.

Can you enlighten us a bit about your experience on Veendam?

P.S. to Moderators - sorry to be off topic.

We had a very nice relaxing cruise on Veendam. Is there anything specifically you would like to know?

My kids (16 and 10) and I are looking forward to the "water park". We think that will be a blast. Also, Blue Man Group and the Cirque show.

I know this will sound funny to most, but on our last NCL cruise to Alaska, the kids had the coupon book for "smoothies". They were able to use a coupon to get a strawberry daquiri (non-alcoholic of course;)) whenever they wanted one. They loved those "slushies" and are very much looking forward to that again.

Those things AND the brand new ship itself is very exciting!! Can't wait.

Hey Kikki21 !! We will be on the same cruise!! :)

Lokoing forward to being totally spoiled in our first full suite w/ butler!

We skipped a cruise in 2009 - to get a spa suite on Epic to celebrate our 10th anniversary. (it has been a very, very LONG almost 2yrs between cruises) :eek:

I will fight the urge to be totally spoiled and think I will be very happy to return to annual cruise in plain old balcony!! LOL :rolleyes:

I think we are mostly looking forward to just cruising!!:D

Lokoing forward to being totally spoiled in our first full suite w/ butler!

We skipped a cruise in 2009 - to get a spa suite on Epic to celebrate our 10th anniversary. (it has been a very, very LONG almost 2yrs between cruises) :eek:

I will fight the urge to be totally spoiled and think I will be very happy to return to annual cruise in plain old balcony!! LOL :rolleyes:

I think we are mostly looking forward to just cruising!!:D

Please let us know how the spa suites are!!!! We have been booking interiors for years bcs we spend so little time in our room...we are out and about doing something..however...i think we would like to do a balcony some time soon..however the price we got on the inside we could not pass up!!!!!! I am so curious how the suites would be wth a bulter...This will be a getaway for our 10th anniversary too but we are just celebrating a few months late..lol:o

:confused: This is stupid question #436784. What is a DH and an OP?

Hi there,

It's not a stupid question at all :)

DH - Darling/Dear Husband

OP - I cant see where that is in this thread but would assume it is referring to - OP - Original Poster

Hope that helps, i'm sure if i am incorrect someone will correct me :)

Sam

I'm excited that this is the newest ship I'll have been on. Also, the various dining choices and entertainment. This is also the first time we are sailing with friends so that's very exciting!

Archived