Taxi fare to cruiseport from Las Ramblas

Kugel

ran about 30 euros +/- depending on # of passengers and pieces of luggage. For 4 people and 6 pieces I think we paid 34 euros from port to La Rambla near Catalunya

Anyone know about how much a taxi is from a hotel in central area of Las Ramblas to cruiseport where Royal Caribbean is.

Thanks

You need to keep a few things in mind. Not all the taxis are real honest in Barcelona. It should not cost more then 20 Euros to get from any hotel to the port, but they do add an extra charge for luggage and some of the taxis will set their meter to the higher night rate (it is usually a #2 on the meter) since most tourists have no clue. Keep in mind that from the center of the Ramblas to the port is approxmately 1 1/2 miles (we walk this all the time when we are in Barcelona).

Hank

Several years ago we paid about 20 Euros for 4 persons and lots of luggage from NH Duc de la Victoria near Placa Catalunya to the cruise port. Because of the pedestrian streets the drive was a bit round-about, but still only 20 Euros.

Several years ago we paid about 20 Euros for 4 persons and lots of luggage from NH Duc de la Victoria near Placa Catalunya to the cruise port. Because of the pedestrian streets the drive was a bit round-about, but still only 20 Euros.

Our party of 9 are going to stay pre/post cruise ay NH Du de la Victoria in about two weeks . Can you tell us what you think about this hotel? Neighborhood, proximity to resautants, walking tours, ATM nearby, etc...?

Many thanks.

Our party of 9 are going to stay pre/post cruise ay NH Du de la Victoria in about two weeks . Can you tell us what you think about this hotel? Neighborhood, proximity to resautants, walking tours, ATM nearby, etc...?

Many thanks.

Hi Easyone,

We stayed here about 4 years ago for 3 days before our cruise, and hopefully it hasn't changed much. The location is great, about 1-2 blocks south of Placa Catalunya and the major department store whose name escapes me now (assuming Las Ramblas runs north-south), and 1 block east of Las Ramblas (through an alley/small street). There are great restaurants on the side streets off Las Ramblas. The HOHO bus departure stop is only about 2 blocks away. There are also several banks in this area.

The hotel itself is small, but very well maintained. The bathroom was a good size and new, with good amenities. You should check Tripadvisor for more recent reviews. I do remember that breakfast was not included, and was a bit pricey, but there was a cafe about 50 feet away so that was not a problem. Also, the prices went down significantly for the summer so we got a great deal

We were a party of 9 and took the airport bus to Placa Catalunya then walked down a pedestrian street to the hotel. The hotel is also very close to the Barric Gotic area which you are likely to visit.

Let me know if you need more info.

Hi Easyone,

We stayed here about 4 years ago for 3 days before our cruise, and hopefully it hasn't changed much. The location is great, about 1-2 blocks south of Placa Catalunya and the major department store whose name escapes me now (assuming Las Ramblas runs north-south), and 1 block east of Las Ramblas (through an alley/small street). There are great restaurants on the side streets off Las Ramblas. The HOHO bus departure stop is only about 2 blocks away. There are also several banks in this area.

The hotel itself is small, but very well maintained. The bathroom was a good size and new, with good amenities. You should check Tripadvisor for more recent reviews. I do remember that breakfast was not included, and was a bit pricey, but there was a cafe about 50 feet away so that was not a problem. Also, the prices went down significantly for the summer so we got a great deal

We were a party of 9 and took the airport bus to Placa Catalunya then walked down a pedestrian street to the hotel. The hotel is also very close to the Barric Gotic area which you are likely to visit.

Thanks, Eightydays!

Yes, we plan to walk up n down La Rambla, and venture into Barri Goti. Do you know if the Picasso Museum is walkable from the hotal as we venture through the Barri Goti?

Is it easy to hail taxis right outside of the hotel? And are there any restaurants open on Sunday? I know most shops are closed.

Easyone,

I think we were in Barcelona from Wed. to Sat. so I am not sure what's open on Sundays, but the folks at Tripadvisor are always helpful. I am sure restaurants are open.

The Picasso museum is definitely walkable although I cannot remember precisely how to get there. It might be on the outskirts of the Barri Gotic area.

I am almost sure the Hotel is on a pedestrian street (can't remember) so they will have to call a cab for you, but that's easy enough.

I'm sure you'ill have a great time. We will be in Barcelona for one day on our cruise in July but plan on going to Montserrat since we screwed up and missed doing that last time.

Have fun.

Many thanks.

Hi Easyone,

I agree with Eightydays in all respects -- Just got back from a 3 night stay at NH Duc de la Victoria on Tuesday. I was traveling with others, and all enjoyed their rooms. Hotel was spotlessly clean, modern decor, exceptional location (the name of the giant nearby department store Eightydays mentioned is "El Corte Inglés"); rooms were very large by European standards, though most of our double rooms had 2 single beds pushed together rather than double beds. Bathrooms were as Eightydays described -- of the 3 bathrooms I saw, 2 of them were large enough to include bidets even. Some rooms have small balconies (ours did).

I booked 3 rooms with Otel.com, and was able to get the rooms including breakfast for $1593 for all 3 rooms for all 3 nights ($531 per couple, or $177/night). Breakfast was very good -- very substantial, with lots of pastry, fruit, cereal, cheese, cold meat and beverage choices (including red wine!). Some hot choices were available as well (meats, I think -- I didn't partake), and even a selection of other nibbles such as tortilla/quiche-y items, empañadas, sandwiches, etc.

Oh, and our cruise ended in Barcelona -- while we went on a day tour upon disembarking our ship, we heard tell that other couples from the cruise ship paid anywhere from €21 to around €30 for taxis from the cruise terminal to Ramblas hotels. We're pretty sure that all of those are inflated prices, so do bargain hard; I'm sure you can get a better deal!

NH Duc de la Victoria from the port terminal would be a hearty walk (we did it while sightseeing and is very doable in that respect), but I'm not sure I'd want to do it with a group of people and a bunch of luggage, especially if I were trying to find the hotel. It's extremely easy to get there once you know where it is, but it is down a long alley from Las Ramblas...

We stayed at the Tryp Apolo, not far from the Columbus Monument and the bottom of Las Ramblas. Its cost is 12 Euros to get from the hotel to the cruise port, so it was a good value.

From the airport to town, we took the metro and it was not fun. There was a lot of walking to buses and transfering to the metro and it took forever, so if you are thinking of what to do from the airport, you may want to consider a cab as well. The metro was cheap, but after a long flight, we decided that next time, we will choose a cab.

We are planning to go to Barcelona in Sept 2011 but was just curious as to how much you paid to stay at the Tryp Apolo ? and can you get rooms that sleep 4 and if so what is the cost pp ?

We stayed at the Tryp Apolo, not far from the Columbus Monument and the bottom of Las Ramblas. Its cost is 12 Euros to get from the hotel to the cruise port, so it was a good value.

From the airport to town, we took the metro and it was not fun. There was a lot of walking to buses and transfering to the metro and it took forever, so if you are thinking of what to do from the airport, you may want to consider a cab as well. The metro was cheap, but after a long flight, we decided that next time, we will choose a cab.

We are planning to go to Barcelona in Sept 2011 but was just curious as to how much you paid to stay at the Tryp Apolo ? and can you get rooms that sleep 4 and if so what is the cost pp ?

I booked it on priceline and it was just under $100. The room was fine for 2 people, but our room was not large enough for 4. I am sure they have double rooms, but am not sure of the cost.

We stayed at this nh hotel last week. Found the hotel to be in a quiet area. It was clean and modern and the price was great. From the port we took a taxi, with cases 3 and 2 people we paid 13 euros. Had the driver let us off on the Ramblies and walked a short distance to the hotel. The staff at the hotel were great, keep our cases locked a room until 12:00, then off to the room. Again, a great area to be in and a good and clean hotel with pleasant staff.

Archived