Best land tour in Curacao

jandjfun

It seems most people want to go to the beach, but does anyone have ideas or experiene with land tours? Not a ton of walking, as we have a couple in the group with disabilities.

Any help with tour company names and ideas would be really appreciated!!

Our ship is in port from 8-4.

I could name you several places to visit, things to see and do, but you might need your own car. I brought my Island map with me today to work as I am planning my own route at this time. I am doing my "Beach Tour" as I have been to 99% of the beachs on the island. I don't know of any tour operators there (not saying that there isn't one...I just don't know of one!!)

1.there is the Dolphin Academy on Mambo Beach

2.there is a Museum at Kura Hurlanda within blocks of pier.

3.there is the National Park Shetr Boka, which has awesome sites of the

north seas hitting the island on west end tip of Curacao.

4.there are lots of Plantation Homes to tour

5.there are the Hato Caves

6.there is also a Movie/Theater/Cinema right there at the Riffort Marriott

Renaissance Hotel at the Megapier.

Small start .. but something to look into if you want.

When are you going?

I have a crusie critic group on the Carnival Miracle March 27th, 2011. I would really like to find a tour company to take the group privately to the most important places in the time frame we are on the island.

We are actually planning 2 excursions for each island. Some like land tours and other like the beach. I am pretty sure the beach group will be going to hooks hut, and I still need to find a good land tour for the others.:D

I have a crusie critic group on the Carnival Miracle March 27th, 2011. I would really like to find a tour company to take the group privately to the most important places in the time frame we are on the island.

We are actually planning 2 excursions for each island. Some like land tours and other like the beach. I am pretty sure the beach group will be going to hooks hut, and I still need to find a good land tour for the others.:D

I will see what I can find out from this end and if I do, I will let ya know.

sorry, I thought you were doing this stuff for your family and not a group. I did not know any tour guides while I was there.

• 1 month later...
We did an island tour with Curacao-Actief. They were very professional. My wife and I were the only people on the tour which took a good 5 hours. We had all the time we wanted at each stop. Here is their web site:

http://www.curacao-actief.com/index.php

Reklawr.

If you are checking here, can you tell me which tour you did?

Actief has 2 land tours. ( one is the north where the sea pound the shore, and the other is the desert and caves. I can't decide which to do, would like to see both. LOL

Thanks

Reklawr.

If you are checking here, can you tell me which tour you did?

Actief has 2 land tours. ( one is the north where the sea pound the shore, and the other is the desert and caves. I can't decide which to do, would like to see both. LOL

Thanks

I have done both. I preferred the wild sea at Sheka Boka (?) park. I took some great pictures there.!! Desert and Caves did not interest me, but it depends on what you like to do. I hope my picture attachment is here, so you can get a glimpse of what you will see.

STA71884.jpg.1eb715df271a500c93a5c841ce0882b4.jpg

I could name you several places to visit, things to see and do, but you might need your own car. I brought my Island map with me today to work as I am planning my own route at this time. I am doing my "Beach Tour" as I have been to 99% of the beachs on the island. I don't know of any tour operators there (not saying that there isn't one...I just don't know of one!!)

1.there is the Dolphin Academy on Mambo Beach

2.there is a Museum at Kura Hurlanda within blocks of pier.

3.there is the National Park Shetr Boka, which has awesome sites of the

north seas hitting the island on west end tip of Curacao.

4.there are lots of Plantation Homes to tour

5.there are the Hato Caves

6.there is also a Movie/Theater/Cinema right there at the Riffort Marriott

Renaissance Hotel at the Megapier.

Small start .. but something to look into if you want.

When are you going?

Can you tell me where you will rent your car. I looked online and only found very pricy rentals.

Will be there in Febuary.

Thanks

Sue

Can you tell me where you will rent your car. I looked online and only found very pricy rentals.

Will be there in Febuary.

Thanks

Sue

I am going to borrow a car from friends or rent from GH Cars. I don't have their # handy at this time, but I will get it over the weekend and report back. I will call Gregory of GH cars and see what I can find out. Check back here, next week. icon7.gif

• 2 weeks later...
We did an island tour with Curacao-Actief. They were very professional. My wife and I were the only people on the tour which took a good 5 hours. We had all the time we wanted at each stop. Here is their web site:

http://www.curacao-actief.com/index.php

What tour did you do for 5 hours? There are lots on the website to pick from.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone tell me if there will be tours available by independent tour guides when we get off the ship. Some places there are many guides waiting outside the pier ready to take tours. I would rather do that than book something ahead of time.

claudia

There will be plenty of taxi cabs available that you could hire for a tour. Also, when you walk off the ship at the end of the pier is an information counter. There are people there who sell tours of the island. It is definitely possible to wing it without having planned and booked a tour ahead of time.

Archived