Athens in June

Woje17

This seems to be a hot topic, but we are scheduled for 4 stops in Greece in June on the Ruby. If riots continue there, will Princess still stop in Greece (especially Athens)? If not, do they substitute a different port or just sit out in the Mediterranean for days?

This seems to be a hot topic, but we are scheduled for 4 stops in Greece in June on the Ruby. If riots continue there, will Princess still stop in Greece (especially Athens)? If not, do they substitute a different port or just sit out in the Mediterranean for days?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1195957

At the moment no one knows which way it will go. Not anyone here, not any policy experts anywhere. If you aren't embarking / dismebarking in Greece and passenger / ship safety is in any question I can only assume that alternative stops will somehow be provided or you'll have a lot of sea days :mad: These are things really out of Princess control so who knows what their policy will be about refunds etc.

I can see them playing the cards hard, that situation changse rapidly and thus not commit on anything till the very end for each cruise. For those who have already booked things like airfiare, tours I can only assume tours can be canceled airfare / cruise not likely... It is a sorry mess and as dissapointed and/or worried you and other toursits are I think the locals who depended / depends on us tourist are equally stressed. The whole damm country has some big infrastructure mess that if our politicians don't pay attention we could easily be there in 10-20 years too... :eek:

Do hope it works out for you..

I suggest you go to the Ports of Call boards for Greece. There are several ongoing threads there with good, current information about the situation in Greece.

One poster in Greece has said repeatedly that what is happening in Athens is by no means happening in the Greek Isles. So if your stops are in places like Mykonos or Santorini, you have little to fear.

It would be sort of like saying that you shouldn't visit Miami because of riots in Washington DC.....

As for Athens itself, if Princess has enough lead time they can probably arrange a different port. There is another, smaller port not far from Athens (can't think of the name at the moment) that can be used as a gateway to the wonderful sites of Corinth and Mycenae, for example.

Incredible how peoples get nerveous fast

1) Stop watching CNN as you see the same video all the time

2) Do you know how many are being kill in the USA everyday (44). For Greece, they have 81 murders in ONE year.

3) Enjoy life and we will see when we arrive in Athens In June. I am on the same cruise and I do not loose sleep on that

Some of us worry; some don't. I like to be carefree when I am traveling but always use some caution, too. I don't think the Princess or any other cruise line is going to make stops that will be unsafe for their passengers. Hopefully, if it comes to missing ports, they will have contingency plans in place. The Mediterranean area should be easy to sub

new ports, I would think.

Some of us worry; some don't. I like to be carefree when I am traveling but always use some caution, too. I don't think the Princess or any other cruise line is going to make stops that will be unsafe for their passengers. Hopefully, if it comes to missing ports, they will have contingency plans in place. The Mediterranean area should be easy to sub

new ports, I would think.

New ports? Sure, as long as these ports are able to accommodate large cruise ships and don't already have other ships scheduled to stop there. The Med is very busy in June, and this would not at be as easy as you make it sound!

Ferries are operating, MSC had two ships in and out of Piraeus today. However Voyages to Antiquity has yet to sail (due out yesterday) and Aegean Pearl is still in port since yesterday. EM

Archived