Blu and Celebrity Select Dining

Jules1

If you are an Aqua class passenger and have chosen Select Dining can you call Blu and make a reservation each evening?

I'm not sure that I understand the question. Aqua Class passengers dine in Blu. When (if) you do on line check in, Celebrity explains that "traditional dining" includes Blu, which is flexible in that you can go for dinner at any time. "Select dining" is for the MDR and I believe that means that you do not have an assigned table and time for dinner.

Hope that's what you meant.

If you are an Aqua class passenger and have chosen Select Dining can you call Blu and make a reservation each evening?

If you are an AQ class passenger and have chosen Select Dining you will be assigned to the Main Dining Room and not Blu. There have been a number of threads about this and I know it is screwy but most TAs do not know this. Blu is now flex dining which means you can eat whenever you want.

FAQ

If I am an AquaClass guests, can I choose Celebrity Select Dining?

Subject: Celebrity Select Dining

Yes. You may choose Celebrity Select Dining, however, you will be seated in the Main Dining Room, and will no longer be seated in Blu.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000xGyn9VDEJz1tG_U8fIN0vf5:12hdebebp;jsessionid=00008hxYXyJJPUqZddRs3sOfZcH:12hdebebp?faqSubjectName=Celebrity+Select+Dining&faqId=3857&pagename=faq_answers

It really is screwy but if you are an AquaClass guest and choose Select Dining, your dinner reservation will be transferred from Blu to the Main Dining Room...

If your goal is to dine in Blu, specify a Traditional Dining time [early of late] on your cruise booking... You may have a letter in your cabin on embarkation day from the Maitre 'D in Blu asking that you adhere to that dining time on the first evening... But on subsequent nights, you'll have the opportunity to dine in Blu at times that are convenient to you without advance reservation... In Blu, they refer to this arrangement as Flex Dining... And it works very well...

The semantics are quite silly but they make a difference in terms of making your preference clear to Celebrity...

Archived