Fee for filet mignon?

Filet Mignon is not on the regular MDR menu. You can, however purchase a Chops steak for $14.95.

That Chops steak, at least when our table mates ordered it, is a Filet Mignon and it is listed on the menu every night.

There is, also, filet on the menu on one of the formal nights, but the Chops steak is available every night for $14.95. It is excellent. I have ordered it twice.

jc

Actually jc... it's not filet mignon... it's filet of beef... different cut of meat... entirely... Logistically impossible for the MDR to offer filet mignon on the regular menu... that's why you pay for it as a "Chops" steak...;)

Actually jc... it's not filet mignon... it's filet of beef... different cut of meat... entirely... Logistically impossible for the MDR to offer filet mignon on the regular menu... that's why you pay for it as a "Chops" steak...;)

Call it what you will, it is excellent. A "Chops steak" by any other name would taste as great.;)

I will be sailing on the Explorer this fall, and there is no Chops. What will be available as far as a good steak? Its hubbys favorite! Thanks!

I was on the Monarch in December, and they too do not have a Chops....however the Chops steak for 14.95 was on the menu nightly. My BIL ordered each night!

I guess these people have never eaten a steak before because that "chops steak" is horrible. Don't waste your $15.... save up and drop the $25 to take yourself to the restaurant and get their real one. They are amazing.

Pick a night that the MDR menu doesn't look great and go to Chops. If you like steak and a potato, you will love it.

The chops filet is fine....I've ordered it a few times...and i am a confirmed "meatatarian!" I've had better, yes, but this is far better than the other steak-like meat they have!

and not all ships have CHOPS so it would be impossible, say on Ex to GO to chops.....

I will be sailing on the Explorer this fall, and there is no Chops. What will be available as far as a good steak? Its hubbys favorite! Thanks!

I was on Explorer and they do have Portofino. They offer Filet Mignon there. It was awesome! Just of Radiance and went again (went to Chops too... but I prefer Portofino) Had the filet again (OUTSTANDING!) DH had veal.. I also ordered an appetizer of stuffed eggplant. It was wonderful.

I like a good filet and I like a good sirloin, but I LOOOOOOVE a good ribeye! Any of those at Chops? I'm sailing on my 40th birthday next year and I'm thinking about treating myself to the steakhouse. I too am I full-fledged meat-a-saurus and so is my DH.

Here are the main course options at Chops (currently). The full menu is on the RCI website.

GRILLED ALASKAN HALIBUT

With fruit salsa and caramelized orange drizzle

SEARED DIVER SCALLOPS AND CHORIZO SAUSAGE

Parsnip purée and petite salad

FILET MIGNON

10 ounces of a thick and flavorful cut from the tenderloin

PETIT FILET MIGNON

7 ounces of a thick and flavorful cut from the tenderloin

NEW YORK STRIP STEAK

10 ounces of an all time favorite, brushed with hickory BBQ sauce

VEAL CHOP

10 ounces, tender and tasty, broiled and served on the bone

GRILLED LAMB LOIN

7 ounces, served with braised Belgian endive, sweet pea purée

wilted greens and sautéed crimini mushrooms

T-BONE STEAK

16 ounces of aged beef, the best choice between a filet and a sirloin

ROYAL PORK SHANK

Braised in delicious balsamic-BBQ sauce

FREE-RANGE CHICKEN BREAST

Filled with ricotta and sautéed leek

I was on Explorer and they do have Portofino. They offer Filet Mignon there. It was awesome! Just of Radiance and went again (went to Chops too... but I prefer Portofino) Had the filet again (OUTSTANDING!) DH had veal.. I also ordered an appetizer of stuffed eggplant. It was wonderful.

Great! Thanks for the info!

Archived