Are you Karaoke Queens?? ( or Kings)

Yep, guilty as charged. ;) I sing every night at karaoke, or at the piano bar, and always perform in the "Legends Show", and the "Passengers Talent Show". GREAT fun, and like they always say,,,you'll probably never see any of these folks again. :p

"SKY"

Just wondering how many of you love it?? Do it?? Alone?? Or not quite brave enough?? I will do it, but not alone!!

Ummmm, are you talking about karaoke, or something else... lol ;)

I have yet to work up the nerve to sing karaoke, but it is one of my favorite nightime cruising activities! I love to sing along, dance in my chair, but it would take many drinks to get me up there! I even know what song I wanna sing and everything!! Maybe someday...

But I sure love watching everone else, except when they sing songs I don't know or a slow song that kills the fun mood :(

Ummmm, are you talking about karaoke, or something else... lol ;)

I have yet to work up the nerve to sing karaoke, but it is one of my favorite nightime cruising activities! I love to sing along, dance in my chair, but it would take many drinks to get me up there! I even know what song I wanna sing and everything!! Maybe someday...

But I sure love watching everone else, except when they sing songs I don't know or a slow song that kills the fun mood :(

That is exactly the response I would have given :D

I am a horrible singer, but in my car with the radio turned up loud, I think I'm a rock star..lol

That is exactly the response I would have given :D

I am a horrible singer, but in my car with the radio turned up loud, I think I'm a rock star..lol

Don't forget the windows up too:D

Just got home from a little after-work karaoke, as a matter of fact. I love to sing (being going to karaoke for almost 20 years now), and am pretty decent at it, although not of professional quality. I've ran many karaoke systems over the years, and helped the new guy on the Grand Princess figure that system out in 1999. He had just boarded that week, and had karaoke assigned to him as part of his entertainment staff duties, but he wasn't a "karaoke person" as he said.

My biggest complaint is the cruise lines don't keep up with the newest music.

LHP - where are you? She is surely the Queen of Karaoke on Carnival! I, on the other hand, don't have the guts to give it a try - though each cruise I am getting closer to taking the leap!

LHP - where are you? She is surely the Queen of Karaoke on Carnival! I, on the other hand, don't have the guts to give it a try - though each cruise I am getting closer to taking the leap!

LHP is boarding the Fantasy today.

I like to listen and sing along, but I don't have the guts to get up on stage either.

I speak in front of crowds of well over 1,000 people at company meetings, however would never get on stage to sing. I enjoy listening to others but I do not have a muscial bone in my body, the room would empty out as I attempt my first note.

We heard LHP sing on our Freedom cruise in 2008. She was very good! I wasn't sure it was her until we ran into her on an elevator and I asked.

My daughter, mom, and I all got up on stage at another event on that cruise and sang. That was in the bigger lounge. We were part of the group when they called up the women on stage. My husband even got up when they called up the men. :)

IMHO there are 3 elements to be an entertaining karaoke singer:

1. a decent voice

2. familiarity with the song + lyrics

3. 'stage presence'

If someone has 2 out of 3 they're decent to watch. All 3 and its pretty good.

With that being said, I finally worked up the nerve to sing a few cruises ago and now I try to get up at least once. Still requires plenty of liquid courage first.:rolleyes:

I speak in front of crowds of well over 1,000 people at company meetings, however would never get on stage to sing. I enjoy listening to others but I do not have a muscial bone in my body, the room would empty out as I attempt my first note.

I'm the opposite. I'll get up and sing in front of the Rose Bowl full of people, but don't ask me to speak in a small room full of strangers.

IMHO there are 3 elements to be an entertaining karaoke singer:

1. a decent voice

2. familiarity with the song + lyrics

3. 'stage presence'

If someone has 2 out of 3 they're decent to watch. All 3 and its pretty good.

With that being said, I finally worked up the nerve to sing a few cruises ago and now I try to get up at least once. Still requires plenty of liquid courage first.:rolleyes:

I'll sing with you Peter!! :).. I don't THINK I'm half bad... :D

I don't subject other people to my singing, although I'd really like to do ship karaoke one of these days. My voice is in the dreaded middle ground - not good enough to be enjoyable, not bad enough to be entertaining. ;)

Archived