"LIVE" From Explorer of the Seas / May 8, 2010

Patty, we used the ginger before our 12 but we had such a nice smooth cruise.I bought it at GNC just make sure that it has real ginger in it. But then Suzanne and Christy werent on!!

Hi Lorain, how are you?

We just booked for Oct next year along with DD,DSL and granddaughters! I love having a cruise planned.

Thank you Radio, awesome info and pictures! Cant wait to board her in 47 days.

If you get a minute Im curious where the WiFi hot spots are (really curious if i would get Wifi in my cabin by location default?) Do hump cabins get wifi do you know? I also wonder if Royal will ever get the Sushi right!? :rolleyes:

Radio, I am so LOVING this...I have been looking forward to your LIVE report on the Explorer since I read about you going on a month ago or so.

My DH is a bartender on the Explorer , he is working in the Chamber this cruise . so if you get a chance go down and say Hi to Troy and tell him his DW (leslie) sends a big kiss!!

Thanks again for doing the LIVE report , it is fantastic..makes me feel like I am almost back there visiting !

leslie:D

Radio, I am so LOVING this...I have been looking forward to your LIVE report on the Explorer since I read about you going on a month ago or so.

My DH is a bartender on the Explorer , he is working in the Chamber this cruise . so if you get a chance go down and say Hi to Troy and tell him his DW (leslie) sends a big kiss!!

Thanks again for doing the LIVE report , it is fantastic..makes me feel like I am almost back there visiting !

Leslie

Do you get to visit Troy on board ? Do RCI give you a special deal or discount for cruises as a wife of a crew member. I'll say Hi to Troy later this week hopefully :D

Leslie

Do you get to visit Troy on board ? Do RCI give you a special deal or discount for cruises as a wife of a crew member. I'll say Hi to Troy later this week hopefully :D

Hi OctagonMike,

Yes , I have been able to visit him several times on previous contracts but will not be during this one unfortunately ( we are some of the lucky ones as some crew dont ever get to see thier familes while on contract)..there are discounts for family members for different cruises but not usually a huge discount and not always available because the ships are already so full..

Thanks for dropping in to say HI to him!

Hi OctagonMike,

Yes , I have been able to visit him several times on previous contracts but will not be during this one unfortunately ( we are some of the lucky ones as some crew dont ever get to see thier familes while on contract)..there are discounts for family members for different cruises but not usually a huge discount and not always available because the ships are already so full..

I WONT give him a kiss if that's alright though ;)

Hello everyone. . . We made it to Bermuda. We picked up the Pilot at 8AM (I posted PM in a previous post. . .ouch!) We made it to Kings Wharf by about 9AM, and were tied up by 915AM. The captain just cleared the ship for passengers at 945AM.

We will be here until tomorrow at 5PM. The Norwegian Spirit is docked at Heritage Wharf Pier (right next to us) in front of the Maritime Museum.

I sailed NCL Spirit last June to Bermuda, and I loved the ship. My "LIVE" Post from NCL Spirit can be viewed HERE. The Video can be viewed HERE.

Holland America Veendam should be joining us tomorrow, and will be at anchor over near St Georges Island.

I will be getting off of the ship at about 1030, and will post many pics when I return.

Here are a few pics from this morning during our approach to Bermuda.

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

We can see Bermuda (about 7AM today)

M2.JPG

We make it by St Georges Cut

M4.JPG

It is very cloudy as we pass by Fort St. Catherine’s Beach

M6.JPG

It looks like it may be a rainy day. . .

M15.JPG

The sun is trying to peek out on us today

M10.JPG

Edited by Radio

Here are a few more. . .

Radio

We glide past the reefs as we approach the Kings Wharf

M8.JPG

It is amazing how blue the water is near these reefs.

M9.JPG

Norwegian Spirit is at the dock next to where we will be. . .

M17.JPG

We arrive close to the dock . . .

M14.JPG

We made it ! Very soon, most of all the passengers will be going ashore.

M12.JPG

Edited by Radio

Patty, we used the ginger before our 12 but we had such a nice smooth cruise.I bought it at GNC just make sure that it has real ginger in it. But then Suzanne and Christy werent on!!

Hi Lorain, how are you?

We just booked for Oct next year along with DD,DSL and granddaughters! I love having a cruise planned.

Hi Demodawn,

Nice to see you again. Too bad about Beth and Mark. We are planning a fall cruise but it will be when the kids are in school.

Have a great summer.

Toni

Radio

Awesome pics..feel like I am right with you on this trip. Hope you are having a great time

Look forward to your post from Carnival Glory...haven't been on Carnival cruise line since 1997..looking to hear how it compares to RCI :confused:

Edited by dee308

Hi Radio, thanks so much for sharing your cruise with us. I'm getting very excited because we're going on the Explorer in 2 1/2 weeks on May 27th for 9 nights.

I have 1 quick question for you, how is the weather in Bermuda this time of year?

Again, thanks for your psots.

Enjoy your week.

Radio, Thanks for all your wonderful posts and pictures. I'm living vicariously through you until till I can be on her again in Feb.!

I see the awesome drummer lady is still on. She is fantastic!

Cheryl

Hi Leslie,

So cool to have your DH work on the ship (although it must get lonely)!

One of my favorite bartenders was working in the Chamber last November. Her name is Hangmi. Do you know her? Do you know if she will be on the EOS this coming November? It would be great to know. I will be on the Thanksgiving cruise this year. I will look for Troy!

Thanks,

Marilyn

Hi OctagonMike,

Hey Leslie....will he be in the chamber thursday's nine day cruise? I will say hello to him for sure if he is there!

Hello everyone. . . My 1st day in Bermuda was very good on 2 parts. The scenery and the weather were both in my favor. Many times people (me included) rate their vacation on how the weather is. If someone comes to Bermuda, and it is windy, raining, thundershowers or too hot or too cold, it may cause unfavorable feelings about the trip.

On the other hand, if the weather is wonderful. . . Well you know the rest.

This morning it appeared as if the first scenario would apply. I picked up my Scooter rental at Oleanders.(Within walking distance from the ship)

My first stop was at Horseshoe Bay Beach. Mother nature must have know that I was there, because it remained dark and cloudy until I parked my scooter. Then the sun came out, the skies cleared, and it warmed up to about 72F. I took a swim, and spent most of my time there. I ended up having perfect beautiful day. I wanted to stop at every turn to take some photos or video.

There was a postcard image at every turn, and I want to stay here for a few more nights. . .Tomorrow I will stay focused on the west end of Bermuda. I ended up making it over to Flatts Village, Hamilton, and Somerset today, and will stay closer tomorrow.

Here are a couple pics from today. I want to make it dinner tonight at 6PM, and there is the Headliner Show at 745PM featuring Rick Novell, “The Ladder Guy” . I will try to make it out to the Dockyard later tonight, to see what’s going on.

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

Welcome to Bermuda. . .all Guest back on board by 430PM Tuesday !

M21.JPG

Explorer of the Seas, and Norwegian Jewel

M26.JPG

A lot of Passengers on board booked the Bermuda Segways

M25.JPG

You don’t find these much anymore. . .

M23.JPG

Bermuda finest use these Corollas at this Bermuda Police Station

M24.JPG

I had to stop at the Swizzle Inn. . .but I didn’t “Swizzle Out”. . . .

MM12.JPG

Here are few more. . .

Radio

Horseshoe Bay Beach

MM2.JPG

The rock formations against the water color was wonderful.

MM1.JPG

The water was a beautiful blue, and the sand was soft . . .

MM6.JPG

Yeah, and it was pink too !

MM4.JPG

The Lagoon area was a nice protected place for kids.

M32.JPG

It seems that Horseshoe Bay might be a great place for snorkeling.

M31.JPG

These are the last few for now. . . I will try to get some more up later on.

Radio

There were several cool caves you could walk in. . .

MM3.JPG

There were a lot of Cruise Ship passengers at the beach today.

M29.JPG

It was a big hill to climb when done (Except if you had a scooter !)

Last year it was only $1. for the ride up. . . Oooops. . I guess the price of gas is higher.

M28.JPG

The Flatts Village area was lovely

MM17.JPG

Just a nice view from the side of the road

MM18.JPG

Back to Explorer of the Seas for tonight.

MM23.JPG

Edited by Radio

Another great live report. Thanks for taking the time to post this.

Wow, Thanks for the nice comments. . . I have a lot more to do. We still have until Thursday ! :rolleyes:

Radio

;);)