How to get from Civitaveechia port to FCO airport in Roma?

summitman54

We will be arriving on the Crown at Civitaveechia on 6/8.2010 and have an 11:45AM flight out of FCO. I have not booked the Princess transfers yet ($138 for two) because I am concerned that doing their bus thing would not get us to the airport soon enough.

On other Princess cruises, we have done the "walk off" with our luggage and grabbed a readily available taxi; sometimes sharing it with others.

Can someone give me advise on the availability and cost of getting a taxi at this port? Or what the best option is? Or where to find that information?

Thanks!:)

The Princess transfer gets you to the airport in plenty of time, you assemble at 5:30 or 6 am if you have an early flight. The check in counters were not even open when we arrived.

We have also used Rome Cabs to get to the airport.

We went with Rome Cabs and shared with two other couples. There was plenty of room for luggage and people. It cost us a lot less than using Princess transfers. We paid a total of 85 euros per couple for transport from the airport to our hotels and then to the ship. Very reasonable and it would probably be a lot less just from the ship to the airport.

Talk to your travel agent. We were able to book and prepay for a private car pickup last year. We had a flight at the same time you have, had a pickup around 8am. This is not cheap but we thought the best to insure we made our flight.

There are no taxis readily available.

Chances are that the Princess transfer will be the least expensive and surest way to get to the airport. If you have an early flight, as you do, they leave very early. If you can find a service with a van and share the cost, that might be less-expensive but unless you know and are familiar with the van service, you might be anxious about their showing up on time. I know I would. I've used a service called "Driver in Rome" several times with great success and just checked their prices. They don't have a specific rate from the port to the airport but from the port to Rome, they charge $170 for 1 - 3 people and $20 for a 4th. If you could share a van, that would be less-expensive for you. http://www.driverinrome.com/rates.html

We did the Princess bus in November and we got to the airport more than 3 hrs before our 11:15a departure. In fact we were in line before 8am waiting for the US air counters to even open!

Princess recommends earliest flight 7hrs after arrival for this port. You arrive at 4am so your 11:45 flight should be fine. Only concern at this late date is their transports may be full. You should check on it as soon as you can unless you set up a private transfer.

First, double check you flight back to the US. Delta has been moving flights around. At first, it was 11:45am back to JFK, now it is 12:45. In any case, I booked the

cruise transfer. I found it the least expensive, other than the train. If you find a ride / cab to share, let me know and I may join you.

does anyone know how long the car ride is from Civitavecchia to the airport? Trying to make a 10:00am flight.

45 minutes to an hour, depending on traffic. For a 10 AM flight outside of the Schengen zone, I'd want to be on the road no later than 6:30 AM. For a flight within the zone, you could wait until 7:15 or so.

Archived