Cruise International Magazine...

Arriving at my local newsagency this morning, the kind lady behind the counter bought my brought my attention to a magazine i had not seen before called `Cruise International` Its a UK mag, but it looks quite impressive, this months issue has the 5 best suites and a look at the new Celebrity Eclipse...i have never seen this mag before..but thought i would share this little gem with everyone, in case anyone is sick of all the trashy tabloid mags and wants something new to read. Havnt read it yet, but looking forward to a read on the bus on the way home tonight :)

thanks for the tip, I will check it out, and start dreaming about my next overseas cruise.

I tell you what when you see some of the suites, you will want to dream extra hard :) The loft suites on RCL look amazing....but may i ask though, who on earth requires a baby grand piano in their room :D

I tell you what when you see some of the suites, you will want to dream extra hard :) The loft suites on RCL look amazing....but may i ask though, who on earth requires a baby grand piano in their room :D

Not me....I am way past babies in any form:D

Jen

You never know it might come in handy, but what for I do not know!!:D

I guess they have to think of what people want while they are away.

LOL yeah I saw that baby grand, and I THOUGHT THAT'S A BIT ODD. I guess it would be like that Doris Day Movie "By the light of the sivery moon", where everyone stands around the piano doing singalongs. Yeah right. give me an expensive sound system, bose speakers and a extra huge plasma Tv instead please. Then you could use that space the piano was to host your own private disco.

LOL yeah I saw that baby grand, and I THOUGHT THAT'S A BIT ODD. I guess it would be like that Doris Day Movie "By the light of the sivery moon", where everyone stands around the piano doing singalongs. Yeah right. give me an expensive sound system, bose speakers and a extra huge plasma Tv instead please. Then you could use that space the piano was to host your own private disco.

Hahaha can i have an Amen :p That would be awesome!

There is an Australian magazine called Cruise Passenger which is great to read. I got a 12 month subscription (4 issues) on special for $12.95 on Isubscribe (the rrp is $9.95 per magazine) :).

Glad I am not the only one, then.:)

I remember seeing pictures of suites with a baby grand and thinking-just how many people can really play these days? Does it come with a pianist for a certain number of hours???

And pity the poor people in the next suite, if you get someone who is just practising their scales.:D

I used to sometimes attend a doctor's surgery that had the same thing-this fancy white grand piano. Never ever saw anyone playing it.

You know, I was going to say who else might be in need of their own piano. but you know what, I recon there is not good reason to have a baby grand in your cabin. Just imagine ringing up the crusie line and saying "Now I want to confirm that suite I am paying a fortune for has a baby grand piano, and I would also like to confirm it has a private pool "......."it does'nt, well I think I am going to cancel that booking", Yeah Right!!

But it's the same with many other things - you don't need a bathtub instead of a shower in a suite, but you get one; you don't need a balcony instead of a view, but you get one, you don't need a loft room instead of a regular room (on Oasis) but they're still some of the most popular cabins onboard.

Adding a piano is just an enhancement to give a luxurious, or different holiday feel to the room instead of just being a standard cabin - and some will enjoy the opportunity to use it while others will prefer other things.

You know, I was going to say who else might be in need of their own piano. but you know what, I recon there is not good reason to have a baby grand in your cabin. Yeah Right!!

They could be electric pianos , the ones that allow you to select the tune , and it plays it ..:D

There is an Australian magazine called Cruise Passenger which is great to read. I got a 12 month subscription (4 issues) on special for $12.95 on Isubscribe (the rrp is $9.95 per magazine) :).

Nice one Brossy....is it worth it? Hell, at that price just a magazine on cruising it has to be....will check it out:)

Nice one Brossy....is it worth it? Hell, at that price just a magazine on cruising it has to be....will check it out:)

I bought this quarter's copy the other day. I looked on Isubscribe just now but they aren't on special anymore. Damn! It is an interesting read. I will have to wait until they come on special again. :(

Archived