Princess Platinum benefits

Orangefan

Agree.

More likely ends up in the crew bar. It is definitely not wasted.

What's with this sudden obsession about waste? I doubt it's thrown out; my guess is that the leftovers make an appearance later at the Horizon Court or are incorporated into a menu item. I'd hardly call it wasteful when measured next to the veggies and fruits carved as decorations for various things.

On the Emerald in February it was hit or miss. We asked for the drink special and the waiter did not seem to understand. It was to be margaritas and we ended up with Passion Drinks at full price. We did not go back. We did not receive an invite, but as Elite I knew it was there. We will try again in June on the CB.

What's with this sudden obsession about waste? I doubt it's thrown out; my guess is that the leftovers make an appearance later at the Horizon Court or are incorporated into a menu item. I'd hardly call it wasteful when measured next to the veggies and fruits carved as decorations for various things.

:D I agree!

I have seen items in the buffet that were on the previous night's dining room menu.

Wouldn't it be nice that instead of the cocktail party, Princess just gave each elite, platinum, and suite member a slip for a free cocktail, or drink of your choice? It would be a nice little perk!

Not really. Part of the fun is meeting with others on the sailing. That is how we met our across the way neighbors. We ended up sitting together and chatting only to discover we lived in the same state and had cabins across from each other. After that, we ate in the buffet several times and arranged to have lunch in the dining room on the last day. If it had not been for the cocktail party, we would never have had the opportunity to meet them.

Also, not everyone drinks (or can for health reasons). Socializing is the main point of the cocktail party. You really get a good perspective of how many repeat passengers are on a sailing and get to hear what is coming next.

MARAPRINCE

We were invited to this on our Oct 09 CB sailing, I thought it was a nice new perk that Princess added. I hope they will still be having this nightly cocktail party as it was nice to relax and have a cocktail in Skywalkers before dinner.

Edited by jbrambach

As they tell you if you take the UST, everything is recycled. For instance, old menus are given to the children and they use the backs for drawing, scrap, etc. Outside every public bathroom is a notice of the last time the bathroom was serviced. If you could see the other side, you'd see that it was old menus, notices, etc. Very little goes to waste.

Not on Crown if you are on a 1 week cruise. Per the Purser desk.

If it exists on your next sailing, there will be an invitation to it in your cabin listing the days, hours, location, and special menu item as well as the drink of the day.

We were on the Crown April 17th sailing and did not receive and invitation. I always bring all my patters and miscellaneous papers home and looked through them again - not there!

I knew about it so we did go up 2 evenings and there was one group of four the first time and no one the second. It was very relaxing to sit and have a drink and appetizer before going to dinner, I would really hate for this perk to go away because of poor attendance!

Princess should be sure that all eligible passengers receive the invitation and I am sure more would attend.

• 5 years later...

we are platinum now and sailing b2b on royal princess from february 8th to 22nd.

Hope royal has happy hour for platinum elite etc.

Please all you long time cruisers know what perks if any available to platinum members.

thank you

I always forget that they have this!! We are Platinum and on our last cruise we also ignored the card for a few days and when we noticed it we missed the days we would have like to have gone for the appetizers.

It's usually empty in there, but it is nice and relaxing. I enjoy hanging in there. I will do my best to remember on our next cruise in April.

Great idea about asking circle host about it. She's usually not too busy the first day.

:D I agree!

I have seen items in the buffet that were on the previous night's dining room menu.

And if beef is on the menu you can guarantee there'll be a beef disk (curry or something like that) in the buffet next day.

Of course they don't waste stuff.

And I guess a but ends up in the crew mess.

On transatlantics, when there are usually a lot of platinum and elites sailing, it can be hard to find a seat. We usually make a stop (or long stay) at the event. Some cruises have fewer repeat passengers onboard but in our experience it's always happened. On the first Royal transatlantic I had to visit the Captain's Circle hostess to get the schedule but the event was definitely happening.