The NEW Holiday, WOW!

MrsZee

WOW! They did an AWESOME job!

I want to sail on her again!

I know that Ibero Cruceros is owned by Carnival Corp, but I thought that the "Whale fin" smokestack would be removed. Both the Celebration and the Holiday are keeping it.

Seeing that smokestack painted in other than Carnival red, white and blue just doesn't look right....

very sparkly, clean-looking and fresh...but a little too modern, colorless and "cold" to me...It felt like I was taking a tour of the Starship Enterprise

I prefer the more fun, colorful and festive decor of the two Carnival cruise ships I've been on--Glory and Triumph

but to each his own, of course :)

I would LOVE it if Carnival would decorate their ships more like this... It looks more classy and upscale....:)

Actually they do, with all their ships except those that sail under the Carnival name.

Cunard, Princess, Hal, Costa, Ibero Cruceros, & Seaborne all have the beautifulclassic, look.... Carnival is the only sister in the group to have the funky designs that I am aware of.

l have been on some of Carnivals older ships Fantasy class and Destiny.

I often wondered why Carnival doesnt update the decor and make what is old new again.

I have promised myself I will stick with the newer builds from now on.

What a great job on remodeling this ship! I wouldnt mind sailing on her.

WOW! They did an AWESOME job!

I want to sail on her again!

I know that Ibero Cruceros is owned by Carnival Corp, but I thought that the "Whale fin" smokestack would be removed. Both the Celebration and the Holiday are keeping it.

Seeing that smokestack painted in other than Carnival red, white and blue just doesn't look right....

Removing the Farcus Funnel would require quite a bit of engineering and even more money. The real purpose of the funnel is to keep smoke and ash off the open areas of the aft deck. To accomplish that would require a much taller funnel that is currently on the ship.

I was pretty surprised to see the whale tail on the Grand Celebration when she came out of dry dock, too.

And yes, the Grand Holiday looks amazing!!

My hat is off to Carnival for keeping the older ships in service rather than selling them off for scrap. They are 'Grand' indeed...

:)

The thing I find is I was trying to figure out something last night after looking at this is what some of the public areas reminded my of....I just looked again and I see a real hint of Celebrity Cruise Lines.....

Love the way the ship looks. Bring her back to Tampa......I know they can't but, I'd book her in a heart beat....

Removing the Farcus Funnel would require quite a bit of engineering and even more money. The real purpose of the funnel is to keep smoke and ash off the open areas of the aft deck. To accomplish that would require a much taller funnel that is currently on the ship.

The whale tail was removed on Pacific Sun(Jubilee) and it doesnt look taller.

PacificSun-01.jpg

Archived