Radisson or Hampton...Pt. Canaveral????

No. You should call now and reserve a spot for your group. The shuttle's run every half hour and they are currently booking 11:30 and later (the 10:30 and 11:00 are already full). I think they run until 2:30 pm.

Thanks for all of the posts about the hotels, I definitely am interested in reviews about the few different hotels around Port Canaveral, as our group of at least 7 people (3 kids-4 adults) will most likely drive down early and book a hotel. I really hate to get 2 rooms since I am trying to save $$ wherever I can, but I'm assuming that will have to happen. Does anyone know if there is a larger suite available anywhere? We are definitely interested in the shuttle to the port. Does anyone know how much parking is at the port per day?

We may also stay at Savannah the night before, so I'll try to see if there are any forums that talk about cheap/nice places there or reply if you know please.

Thanks!

Krystal

Krystal do u plan on staying in downtown savannah or r u planning on just stopping there for the night? I ask this question because right off interstate 95 at the Savannah airport exit are about six hotels. they have Hilton Garden Inn, Cambria Suites, Courtyard by marriott, Comfort Inn, and a few others.

We want to sightsee some, but I wanted to stay wherever was the best price. It seemed like downtown Savannah wasn't too far from the interstate, so we could easily get back on track for the rest of our drive. Basically, somewhere nice, but decent pricing because I will need (at least) 2 rooms, or a large suite. (I am taking several family members to help me with my special needs child, but I have to pay for their rooms too...)

britsmom - We always stay at Marriott's Residence Inn right by the Radisson. They are set up like condo's. You can rent a 2 bedroom suite (with 2 bathrooms) - there is also a pull-out sofa bed in the living room. A free breakfast is included. They also have parking while on your cruise. We like staying there. It is always clean, good food and friendly staff.

Brittsmom; there are a few decent hotels in downtown Savannah. Hampton Inn, Courtyard by Marriott are both downtown; it will take you about 20 minutes to go from 95 to downtown Savannah.

sunandsnow: does the marriott offer free travel to the port? My thought is that we will stay overnight somewhere that transfers to port for free, otherwise we will just come down that day and not spend the $$ on a hotel the night before.

Here's another plug for Country Inn and Suites. You can see the port from the hotel, it is SUPER clean, free parking for the duration of your cruise as well as a free shuttle to and fro. Free breakfast (eggs, sausage, bacon, make your own waffles, fruit, muffins, etc) is also included. Our rate for 5 adults in a mini suite was $117 for the night.

We went down with a group of 14 but due to us having 5 in our car, we didn't want a regular hotel room which would bring in a rollaway and be cramped. So after looking for a suite-type hotel, we chose Country Inn. The other half of our group stayed at the Radisson. When some of our group from Radisson came to say good morning, they wished that they had stayed at our hotel!

Seriously...it's a fantastic place to stay and I wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else if we were to cruise from Canaveral again.

britsmom: I believe parking is free during your cruise. Also, I think there is a fee for the shuttle (you could call the hotel and ask). The port is only about 5 min. away so you could drop everyone off at the port with luggage and then return to the hotel to park the car and then only pay for 1 person to shuttle to the port.

No. You should call now and reserve a spot for your group. The shuttle's run every half hour and they are currently booking 11:30 and later (the 10:30 and 11:00 are already full). I think they run until 2:30 pm.

i called and the earliest was 11:30 for our day in december...that is just to late...we are usually on board and ready for 2nds by then:)so we will just take a taxi.

i was thinking about the radisson, but we don't need the free parking for a week. So i was considering Country Inn and Suites. Its a lower price and closer to the port, are there any stores around each thanks

Thanks for all of the posts about the hotels, I definitely am interested in reviews about the few different hotels around Port Canaveral, as our group of at least 7 people (3 kids-4 adults) will most likely drive down early and book a hotel. I really hate to get 2 rooms since I am trying to save $$ wherever I can, but I'm assuming that will have to happen. Does anyone know if there is a larger suite available anywhere? We are definitely interested in the shuttle to the port. Does anyone know how much parking is at the port per day?

We may also stay at Savannah the night before, so I'll try to see if there are any forums that talk about cheap/nice places there or reply if you know please.

Thanks!

Krystal

spring hill suites by marriott is very affordable we were 7 in a room and it was good size and comfy... we had two full size beds and the sofa in the living area had a full size pull out, i think you can ask for a cot we just needed a playpen for the toddler but we slept comfy 4 adults in beds and 2 teens on sofa.they also had a breakfest buffet which was very nice. made our own waffles and bacon eggs bagels assorted juices and cereal, fruit and yogurts. I only payed 85 dollars throu priceline, it was nice cause we all stayed in one room and the price for breakfest alone would have been high for our group

I've stayed at the Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach and the Radisson and I liked them both. The Hampton Inn is on the beach so that's nice, but it's a bit farther from the port than the Radisson. Hampton Inn also has free breakfast and the Radisson does not. The Radisson has a much nicer pool than Hampton Inn. Took advantage of the free cruise parking at both places and didn't think twice about the safety of the car.

I've also stayed at the Country Inn and Suites and that was nice, too. If I didn't care about the beach, I'd go with Radisson or Country Inn and Suites. If I had a few days to spend on the beach, I'd go with Hampton Inn.

For our next cruise out of PC, we're just going down the night before and won't have time to enjoy the beach, so I'm just going to use Priceline and see what happens!

Okay...Just to update, we now have a room at the Country Inn and Suites booked also....What can I say, I struggle with making up my mind!!!!lol:):)Everytime that I think I've got my mind made up, I read something else and change it again!!!:):)I've got to cancel 2 rooms sometime soon because I sure don't need 3!!!lol:eek::eek:

This thread is perfect timing for us as we are looking at a Carnival Dream cruise next February and are looking for hotels to stay pre/post cruise. I think I've narrowed it down to the Country Inn and the Residence Inn by Marriot. Question: Does either hotel offer a free shuttle to and from the airport (MCO)? If not, please advise the cost of a cab to the hotel. We may or may not be renting a car. Any and all information is greatly appreciated.

I have stayed at the Radisson at the port 3 times now and have it booked for the night before my next cruise. It is a very nice property...the pool is great! All the staff are very friendly. The rooms are also nice.

The only problem I have ever had with them is last summer when we returned to Port we had to wait nearly 45 minutes for the shuttle to pick us up to bring us back to our cars.

The shuttle driver and the people at the hotel appologized for the issue.

This thread is perfect timing for us as we are looking at a Carnival Dream cruise next February and are looking for hotels to stay pre/post cruise. I think I've narrowed it down to the Country Inn and the Residence Inn by Marriot. Question: Does either hotel offer a free shuttle to and from the airport (MCO)? If not, please advise the cost of a cab to the hotel. We may or may not be renting a car. Any and all information is greatly appreciated.

I know the Country Inn and Suites do...The Radisson does also...Not for sure about the Residence Inn since I don't have it booked right now...lol...:):)

None of those hotels have a free shuttle to and from MCO. The airport is a 45 minute drive away. A cab will cost you more than $100. You need to either book a one way rental car or a private shuttle.

Stayed @ the Radisson in Jan. We had a renovated(beautiful) room in the 300's. The pool is beautiful and a fun pool bar! The staff was young, very attentive and helpful. Did not use the shuttle-it looked a bit disorganized, the hotel called Royal Taxi for us. The driver was awesome, took us to the Publix market and then to cruise dock. Our only regret is that RCCL doesn't have more ships going to different places out of Port Canaveral. We love the area! Oh, we got our king room for $99.00/night thru the hotel.

Sorry...We don't fly so I didn't even see the MCO...Guess I looked over the MCO for the port....Sunday evening Brain Fart!!!!lol

No problem. I know you haven't made a decision as to which hotel yet and I didn't want that to be part of your criteria.:)

Can anyone who has recently booked in Port Canaveral tell me an approximate shuttle time for around Aug 2010?? We are going on 8-29-10 on the FOS and I do not want to call each hotel to see what the earliest shuttle time is. THanks!

Can anyone who has recently booked in Port Canaveral tell me an approximate shuttle time for around Aug 2010?? We are going on 8-29-10 on the FOS and I do not want to call each hotel to see what the earliest shuttle time is. THanks!

We are booked on the FOS on 9-12-10. The Hampton Inn told me that their earliest shuttle was 11:00.

Gail

Archived