Nude Cruises

SteveS

I can assure you, most of the other folks won't even be looking. Just walk like you know where you're going, smile at others, and enjoy your day. I've found people take quick glances and move on. Enjoy your time in public naked and feel the freedom.

When they glance, are they looking at YOU, or are they looking "down there"?

So what's been your experience on nude cruises, as far as being with your husband/SigOther? Do people look at you differently? Shy away? Whisper?

Just wanted to know if there were "phobes" in the nude crowd, and how everything is perceived.

When they glance, are they looking at YOU, or are they looking "down there"? Both. I'm a grower not a shower but after a bit, who cares.

So what's been your experience on nude cruises, as far as being with your husband/SigOther? Do people look at you differently? Shy away? Whisper? Most people just act as they normally would. We've done Atlantis cruises and nude sailings; it's all good.

Just wanted to know if there were "phobes" in the nude crowd, and how everything is perceived. All is good

Answers in red!

Edited by Surfguyxxx

The cruises need to fill 2000+ passengers, so there are bound to be some that are not experienced nudists (the cruise might be the first place they have ever been in a public setting with others while nude). They might not know how to act in a nude environment (try to keep eye contact, sit on towels, etc) but the experienced ones won't react at all to you (or themselves) being nude. The experienced ones should be relatively free of phobes, too, but anything is possible with the first timers.

For the most part, you have a better chance of a boat full of fun people who just want to have a good time and not cause anyone else any problems on a nude cruise than a textile one. They are more likely to go with the flow if there are minor issues and not react with an attitude that drags everyone around them down. They are also more likely to participate in activities and interact with you than on a textile cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cruises need to fill 2000+ passengers, so there are bound to be some that are not experienced nudists (the cruise might be the first place they have ever been in a public setting with others while nude). They might not know how to act in a nude environment (try to keep eye contact, sit on towels, etc) but the experienced ones won't react at all to you (or themselves) being nude. The experienced ones should be relatively free of phobes, too, but anything is possible with the first timers.

For the most part, you have a better chance of a boat full of fun people who just want to have a good time and not cause anyone else any problems on a nude cruise than a textile one. They are more likely to go with the flow if there are minor issues and not react with an attitude that drags everyone around them down. They are also more likely to participate in activities and interact with you than on a textile cruise.

You've phrased this very well. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Our first cruise on Carnival there was a topless deck as well. I've read elsewhere here on CC that Norwegian might be the last US-based line with something like this. Aida has an FKK deck, but if you don't speak German that might not be a good option.

• 3 months later...
Heading out once again on a RC cruise but not nude. Oh well. Over to Orient Beach once again for a nice afternoon. Might there be anymore friends to accompany us?

Our next RCCL cruise is to the Greek Islands, so not nude, although Europe isn't as nude-phobic on regular beaches. In 2018 we might try an Oasis class ship... we will have to find a cruise that stops in St. Martin.

Heading out once again on a RC cruise but not nude. Oh well. Over to Orient Beach once again for a nice afternoon. Might there be anymore friends to accompany us?

Last year at Orient beach we were next to a family of Brazilians, maybe 8. Ranged in age from 9 to 30's. One of the women lost a diamond earring in the sand. All hands on deck, on hands and knees frantically looking for this earring. Oh, did I forget to mention they were all totally nude?

The next morning we're having breakfast at one of the seaside cafes. Along comes about 50 naked people, from a nudist resort at the end of the beach, taking their morning walk. Now, I've seen all kinds of weird things throughout the world. And I realize that it's a common thing for tourists to get their hair braided by local women. However, I have never, ever seen, until then, a plethora of bald or nearly bald men that have bright red beads on the ends of their braided "hair". Nearly lost lost my scrambled eggs.

A sight to see. Almost as good as the 80+ year old woman who sat down near us and proceeded to strip.

Of course I can't forget our friends on the bus from the airport to the resort. Nice couple from upstate NY on their honeymoon. Chatted for the hour until they got dropped off at their resort. Two days later, we're sitting on the beach and low and behold, here comes Sally and Jim wearing SPF 30 and a smile. Proceeded to sit down on the sand and "chat". Now I don't mean to be cruel but she would field dress at about 275. I did lose my scrambled eggs.

Edited by PoppyandNana

PoppyandNana -

My wife and I are in our 70's. We've been to nude resorts & frequent clothing optional beaches here in Florida once or twice a week. There is one thing that nudists DON'T do and that's body shame. So what if the woman was large - BIG F**KIN DEAL! None of your business!

Now now; let's be kind. I plan on heading to the beach, dropping trou and enjoying my day fully. Towel to sit on the lunch restaurant beach and that's about it for wardrobe. So looking forward to some relaxation time, even for only a short time. Happiest of Holidays Everyone :)

Edited by Surfguyxxx

Last year at Orient beach we were next to a family of Brazilians, maybe 8. Ranged in age from 9 to 30's. One of the women lost a diamond earring in the sand. All hands on deck, on hands and knees frantically looking for this earring. Oh, did I forget to mention they were all totally nude?

The next morning we're having breakfast at one of the seaside cafes. Along comes about 50 naked people, from a nudist resort at the end of the beach, taking their morning walk. Now, I've seen all kinds of weird things throughout the world. And I realize that it's a common thing for tourists to get their hair braided by local women. However, I have never, ever seen, until then, a plethora of bald or nearly bald men that have bright red beads on the ends of their braided "hair". Nearly lost lost my scrambled eggs.

A sight to see. Almost as good as the 80+ year old woman who sat down near us and proceeded to strip.

Of course I can't forget our friends on the bus from the airport to the resort. Nice couple from upstate NY on their honeymoon. Chatted for the hour until they got dropped off at their resort. Two days later, we're sitting on the beach and low and behold, here comes Sally and Jim wearing SPF 30 and a smile. Proceeded to sit down on the sand and "chat". Now I don't mean to be cruel but she would field dress at about 275. I did lose my scrambled eggs.

Maybe the moral here is don't eat scrambled eggs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

we just booked our first nude cruise with Bare Necessities. we have never gone nude, except one time at a spa in Santa Fe. Hubby very comfortable with the idea; I am more reluctant. I like the idea it is "clothing optional" and feel more comfortable I can ease into it, and will probably be other first-timers there. Will look for some nice sheer coverups and I have a sarong I can tie a lot of ways for more or less coverage.

Any advice for first-timers?

we just booked our first nude cruise with Bare Necessities. we have never gone nude, except one time at a spa in Santa Fe. Hubby very comfortable with the idea; I am more reluctant. I like the idea it is "clothing optional" and feel more comfortable I can ease into it, and will probably be other first-timers there. Will look for some nice sheer coverups and I have a sarong I can tie a lot of ways for more or less coverage.

Any advice for first-timers?

We've been on three of their cruises and are going again next February. There should be lots of first-timers there as well. Mrs. Cruiser wears lots of sheer sarongs, so you won't be alone in not going nude. The best part of these cruises is that everyone has a positive attitude... very few of the 'complain about everything' types on these cruises. I would suggest finding the roll-call for the cruise here on CC, as well as joining BN's own forums (it is a private forum, but you will get an invitation now that you are booked). They always have advice for new cruisers threads for every cruise. I think there is already one for the ABCs cruise in February, if that is the one you have booked.