It's suppose to rain our whole cruise

jenndun

:( I just checked the weather for my curise leaving Thursday. It show rain the whole time from when we leave port to our return. So what do you do on the ship and in port when it rains?

Depends on what port - however we're entering the 'rainy' season in the caribbean and just about every day will see a good chance for rain. It usually happens in the afternoon for about 5-10 minutes and then the sun comes out again. I wouldn't worry about it honestly.

Hopefully it won't rain every day, all day. On the sea days there are a lot of indoor activities that can keep you busy and when in doubt - eat! As for port days, not sure where you are going but there is always shopping or some ports have museums. I hope you have nicer weather than predicted - you know how wrong the weather people can be. Don't worry too much and have a great cruise!

:( I just checked the weather for my curise leaving Thursday. It show rain the whole time from when we leave port to our return. So what do you do on the ship and in port when it rains?

Dance under the rain...:D

On one of our cruises, the reggae band kept playing while people took shelter. But then some people actually danced under the rain as the band sang "I can see clearly now the rain is gone. I can see all obstacles in my way...."

If you're in the mood for the song, check it out here:

Remember that you're going to the Caribbean, where there's ALWAYS a chance for rain every single day. I grew up in the Caribbean and the sunny mornings followed by rainy afternoons are very common during the summer months.

There will still be plenty for you to do. Last time, when we sailed to the E. Caribbean, it poured in St. Maarten. We exchanged our beach plans for a shopping day and an afternoon lunch at a covered terrace restaurant overlooking the beach. Not quite what I had in mind, but still had a wonderful time.

One negative about rainy days at sea is that the ship will feel PACKED, since most passengers will be roaming around the indoor venues of the ship.

Don't worry so much about it. Not sure where you're going but if to the Caribbean it is typical for some rain everyday this time of the year. Usually these showers are short lived. Take an umbrella with you and just go for it. :)

Don't start your cruise off w/a negative. It only rains for small amounts of time in the Caribbean.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.......

It's about learning to dance in the rain!":D

On our last cruise, it rained every day except the first day at sea and the day at Costa Maya...it was a tropical storm and we had no idea we were cruising in it. But out of eight cruises that's the first time it's ever rained more than one day for an hour or two, so I can't really complain :)

You are in rainy season and if it rains, it will only rain for 15 minutes in the late afternoon.

My local forecast is already showing rain every day and it never rains every day.

This is your forecast: Very hot, Very Humid, and a chance of thunderstorms every day.

Take an umbrella and a plastic hat and or raincoat and you'll be fine. I went on a beach and entertainment excursion in the Western Carribean and it turned out to be my favorite of the trip. There was something that made everybody giddy about music and dancing and drinking in the rain on the sand. Of course others wished they had my umbrella as they didn't fare so well.

I walked through the forest in Sitka, Alaska in the rain and had the same happy experience. The rain brings an excitement if you have a positive attitude.

Enjoy! One more thing:Before we went to Alaska the weatherman said it was going to rain everyday and the only day it rained was when we were in Sitka. The other days went from cool to hot and dry.

It rains pretty much everyday in Hawaii........would that stop you from going:confused:

Didn't stop me last month. It was cool, cloudy and rainy during the sea days over there and once we got to Hawaii for the most part. Barely came back with any color! Still had a nice cruise.

If it's going to rain your whole cruise just plan on getting wet! :D

It rains almost everyday on a cruise but usually very briefly. I went snorkling once in the rain and guess what - I got wet. There is an old saying "rain on your wedding day - sunshine the rest of your life" you can change it up for a cruise. I also never check the weather when I travel "what will be will be"

Yes, as most of the folks who responded say, the rain will likely not last all day. In the Caribbean, you can have rain falling on you, yet see the sun shining through the clouds in another direction. It rains, and then the sun comes out and all is dry in just minutes. Plus, the rain is warm! I have swam in the pool, and ocean as a light rain fell. Who cares, you are already wet! Relax and go with the flow, you will have a blast!:)

I know what my DH would suggest... :rolleyes: :D

WINNER!

Rained hard our first time in Cozumel. Beach party and snorkel went off as plan. (Just remember to clear your snorkel often when it rains.) It was the coldest cruise I can remember and it was almost July.:eek:

I'm on this same cruise and its the same thing I'm worried about

I'm on this same cruise and its the same thing I'm worried about

It has rained at sometime in nearly every port of call we have been to. Most of the time it is no more than 20 minutes, just to increase the humidity. I wouldn't worry about this unless the forecast calls for a tropical depression or more.

Archived