I know all of us love Carnival, but if you...

Tapi

Does this "challenge" include getting things that are normally "free" on Carnival, "FREE" on OOOS? WHat about all the charge restaurants?

Even though I personally know a couple of people who are veteran cruisers that tried this ship and hated it, I would probably want to try it.

I'd say yes. I too have been on Mariner and though I loved the layout of the ship, we were disappointed with the food. Other than that, I liked trying RCCL and would cruise with them, or other cruise lines if price or itinerary was better. Don't be afraid to try new things, that's what I say. Like trying a cruise in the first place, know what I mean?

Not the Oasis, because there is just something that goes against my nature to travel on a ship "that" big, with "so many" people. Now if I could get the Carnival price on another line, especially Celebrity or Princess, on ships of similar size to what Im used to, I would probably book one just so that I can make comparisons. But not the Oasis! JMHO:)

Looking at my signature, I sail the big three. Granted, it leans more towards Carnival but that is because of price. I would say yes to sailing on Oasis if the itinerary was worthwhile. I have fun no matter what line I am sailing on!

Kim

if you had the chance to book the Oasis of the Seas at the same exact rate as, lets say, the Carnival Valor (similar itineraries, similar categories), would you pick the Oasis?

I love the fact that Carnival offers a great product at a very affordable price, but I would love to try the Oasis (or the upcoming Allure of the Seas). I keep trying to convince myself that they are too big, too gimmicky, too crowded, etc, but in reality, the only thing holding me back is justifying spending that much extra to go on 1 cruise worth the cost of 2.

What are your thoughts? If the cruise rate was exactly the same (in a make believe world of course), which one would you pick?

If they were the same price then I would grab that chance and go! I've been on RC, Princess, and Carnival and to me there isn't really any differences between the brands.

I would love to try Oasis or Allure, but it would have to be the same price for a balcony that looked out onto the ocean. A year ago, I would have said "no way!" but I'll admit, I'm really curious now that I've seen some real pictures.

Probably not because it would be just way too big and way too many people.

However, if the price was the same for a "similar experience" as I hear here all the time, I would sale RCCL on a different class of ship. Since the experience is so similar, I've stayed with Carnival because the price is better.

I would love to book any of the other cruise lines for the same price as Carnival! It would be nice to try different lines to see what they offer. I have looked at several, but the price just keeps brining me back to Carnival.

I'd be booking with Celebrity next year if they had the itenerary available when I want to cruise. The price was only about $20 more than a similar one on Carnival.

No! I hate that ship, they have totally ruined aft balcony cabins on that ship. I wonder if Allure is going to be the same? Even if you do get one of the few aft cabins the noise from the pool/show area will ruin the experience. However, DH loves it and drives down to the port every few weeks just to drool. :D

The one I am dying to try is NCL Epic. A little top heavy looking but other than that I think it would be great. For the same price I would book that one in a heartbeat but right now it is just way too expensive.

Too big for me. Too many people. I cannot stand feeling crowded. I cannot imagine being in the same port as these ships.

You're absolutely correct! Sailing out of the same port as one of these ships, makes the port so crowded with cars, and people that you can't move to the luggage drop off, because they've got the streets and roads all clogged up, and then you can't find a parking spot, even though they aren't supposed to use the same parking garage. It's a MADHOUSE IMO!

"SKY"

if you had the chance to book the Oasis of the Seas at the same exact rate as, lets say, the Carnival Valor (similar itineraries, similar categories), would you pick the Oasis?

I love the fact that Carnival offers a great product at a very affordable price, but I would love to try the Oasis (or the upcoming Allure of the Seas). I keep trying to convince myself that they are too big, too gimmicky, too crowded, etc, but in reality, the only thing holding me back is justifying spending that much extra to go on 1 cruise worth the cost of 2.

What are your thoughts? If the cruise rate was exactly the same (in a make believe world of course), which one would you pick?

I would do it even if the price was higher :D

Archived