Do you ever get cruised out?

thekings23

My wife and I were having this debate, I recently moved up a ring on the corporate ladder and now get 6 weeks paid vacation each year. We were talking about how to use it and I said 3 7 day cruises a year, 2 with the kids and 1 with her and I each year. I cannot imagine cruising too much, any of you frequent cruisers have any feedback?

My wife and I were having this debate, I recently moved up a ring on the corporate ladder and now get 6 weeks paid vacation each year. We were talking about how to use it and I said 3 7 day cruises a year, 2 with the kids and 1 with her and I each year. I cannot imagine cruising too much, any of you frequent cruisers have any feedback?

We did 11 cruises in 13 months that ended with the Blogger's Cruise in February 2009 and yes....we definately got a little tired of it.

Hubby gets 7 weeks of vacation a year and most of it will be spent on a cruise ship.....we have decided that 7 a year is just about right......

We did 11 cruises in 13 months that ended with the Blogger's Cruise in February 2009 and yes....we definately got a little tired of it.

Hubby gets 7 weeks of vacation a year and most of it will be spent on a cruise ship.....we have decided that 7 a year is just about right......

11 in just over a year, thats awesome. I had such a good time on our first cruise I could see me staying on board forever. I am just hoping to get the wife to buy into 3 a year, maybe when the kids are grown I can get her to do 7 :)

NO!! We never get cruised out. We had one land based vacation in 5 years to Las Vegas. We spent the entire time thinking how much better a cruise ship is. Personally, we go from one countdown to another, one roll call to another, and every time we cruise we have 2 more cruises already deposited. (We are usually already discussing a third)

.................my name is.....and I am a cruise addict...

.....we are jealous, the best we have been able to do is 2 back to backs, spring and fall....maybe someday.....Flying to a port makes it more difficult, if we lived by a port, we would stay on the ships and take a week or two to "vacation at home" They would never get us off the ship!!

.....we are jealous, the best we have been able to do is 2 back to backs, spring and fall....maybe someday.....Flying to a port makes it more difficult, if we lived by a port, we would stay on the ships and take a week or two to "vacation at home" They would never get us off the ship!!

We are blessed....but Carnival is so wonderful with our son with Autism....

it is like he gets to be a normal kid for a week. Can't put a price on that!!

He is 18 now and we do credit cruising with assisting him in learning many life lessons. He gets to be so independent on a cruise.....

i lucked up and got to do 6 in a 8/9 month time frame a couple yrs ago- did feel like that was too many in that length of time but 6 in 12 mos would be awesome! hope the cruise fairy visits me again some yr ;)) ( mine were mostly 4 nighters- one 7 nighter- one 3 nighter/4 nighter b2b - some with husband, some with friends, and one with my dd) what a blast ;)

LHP--oh my, oh my , oh my...I did three in a year and thought that was a lot.....I was stretching it to afford three, but 11 in 13 months...oh my...Alas, you probably don't have to fly to port and can book it at a better price. Me, well, I can spend as much as $1000 on airfare alone each cruise!!! I was jumpin for joy when my airfare to LA was only $545 for my Splendor cruise!

I would do 12-18 cruises a year if I had the money and ability!! I'd do a single or a back to back and then 2 weeks or rest/organized and then off again! buy clothes for cruizing and just wash and throws back into the suitcase ready for the next cruise.....that is a dream....

Tell you what. I think that question is worth researching.

You fund the project, and we'll let you know. LOL

Just send me the assignment, the dates, the itineraries and I'm sure my husband and I would be happy to see if we get cruised out. When do we start ?

Since cruise prices were at an all time low in 2009, DH and I did 11. We felt a little cruised out until we stepped on our first TA last month, 14 days, 7 in a row at sea, and loved every minute of it. I think it is good to put a little time between cruises, because then you remember why you like it so much.

51 cruises completed, deposits on 4 at the moment between now and March 2011.

I would do 12-18 cruises a year if I had the money and ability!! I'd do a single or a back to back and then 2 weeks or rest/organized and then off again! buy clothes for cruizing and just wash and throws back into the suitcase ready for the next cruise.....that is a dream....

... and once you are platinum they do free wash n fold which Id use on a B2B. We didnt use it on just a 7 day this last time.

I dont think Id want 12 to 18 a year. Id do land vacations in between. 8 last year was plenty.

I don't call use frequent cruisers, but we try to split up cruises and other vacations we want to do so that cruising appears to be like the first time we went. Plus we don't miss out on the other things we have seen or want to still see.

Now and then I get a little "turned off" from cruising.:rolleyes: I get interested in other things I guess (e.g., SSR truck club where we travel a lot :D), but always return to cruisin'. Lately the economy has just brutalized my company, but did manage to do the SPLENDOR when it came to Long Beach in Sept '09 and couldn't turn down $99 pp for the ELATION out of San Diego with my son in Oct '09. It will probably be a while now, though. :(

I have enjoyed reading a couple of threads with this theme. How many in a lifetime, how many in a year etc.?

I have a friend who has sold them for years and years (25?) and I have often thought; how many has she done?? And how can she go that much, that often??

But she is one of lucky few who has made her life work her life passion!!! She has a razor sharp photographic memory and can hold details of minutiae and world geography and history in her head like no one I know. The phone number and current cabin number of a client along with all the details of the latest history of you name the country.

I am sure my friend has been on over 100 cruises. She is not playing all cruise..she is playing a lot of the cruise and most certainly has earned every perk she enjoys...now cruisng more at the luxury level...but never a snob and taking short familiarity cruises or small shorties to get a bigger group etc. all the time.

We have lost touch the past few years..I have this musing thread to thank, I'm giving her a call...it is time.

I will have to ask her her current number and her preferred yearly and her record yearly number!!! No names or advertising of course..(and sometimes I do not book through her...another struggle being so independent in finding the best deal for me)...but I will re-connect and report.

My guess for friend...6 longer ones a year. 4 shorter ones a year.

What would be my limit if able?? Probably 3 or 4 a year...2 longer and 2 shorter (5 - 7) days. I will always want the kind of travel where one can stay in a place for a while..ie Tuscany etc. So maybe 1/2 cruising and half other...I could be gone half of the year if able...no problem!!! Fun to dream!! Thanks O.P. sjn911

I feel blessed to be able to be going on our second cruise in 2yrs! (don't think we will be going on another one anytime soon, unfortunately :() But...if $$ wasn't an issue I could definately see myself NOT getting tired of cruising :D

It's not so much that I get cruised out but there are other things we like to do that don't involve a cruise ship. With a limit to vacation time we don't want to spend it all on a ship. We'l have to devote a week or so in 2011 to Hawaii because our son is getting married there. That will limit us to maybe only one cruise that year.

It's not so much that I get cruised out but there are other things we like to do that don't involve a cruise ship. With a limit to vacation time we don't want to spend it all on a ship. We'l have to devote a week or so in 2011 to Hawaii because our son is getting married there. That will limit us to maybe only one cruise that year.

I LOVE Hawaii. If someone said your choice is either cruise or Hawaii 2 months a year and no more travel..just MONTANA (HOME) AND Hawaii (all islands)...I would (with exit weeks allowed in Oregon and Washington) say goodbye with tears to cruising. What a wonderful place to have a family wedding and start in life..congratulations.

After a couple dozen, this upcoming will be it for a while.AIs next year and Egypt in 2012.Same shows,same everything it seems.But.....we live in what we consider paradise now and have all the entertainment venues around us.Orlando being an hour away is nice also.When we lived back North,we could not sail enough.5 years in FL now and we lost interest.

Steve

Archived