Where does the Epic dock in St. Thomas?

Hswillia07

Hi there - my husband and I will be sailing on the Epic in January and I'm wondering where we will dock in St. Thomas? I called NCL and they told me that the dock is called the 'West Indian Company Pier'. I'm just wondering if it is called by another name, ie. Havensight or Crown Bay?

Any info you have would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!!

• 2 years later...

My husband and I are also cruising the Epic Jan. 5, 2013. Looking for info concerning getting from the ship to St. John, Trunk Bay specifically. It looks like a 1 hour or so ferry is the best shot. Any suggestions? Any excursions to St. John that was worth the $$?

I spoke with a travel agent with Norwegian and he rented a scooter in St. Thomas took a car ferry to St. John.

Thanks for any info,

:)

Oasis of the Seas docks at Crown Bay Dock. I might be wrong, but I think with Epic's size, that might be where they will dock also.

Probably only if the Oasis is not at CB... last week they were both in port same day and the Epic was at Havensight.

My husband and I are also cruising the Epic Jan. 5, 2013. Looking for info concerning getting from the ship to St. John, Trunk Bay specifically. It looks like a 1 hour or so ferry is the best shot. Any suggestions? Any excursions to St. John that was worth the $$?

I spoke with a travel agent with Norwegian and he rented a scooter in St. Thomas took a car ferry to St. John.

Thanks for any info,

:)

Other than a scooter, how would you get to the nearest ferry and which ferry is closest? If I remember right, there are two ferries that go to St. John.

Epic should be at Havensight.

Going to St. John is wonderful. Red Hook is the closest ferry. Take a taxi. Check out the ferry schedule ahead of time. Would not recommend renting a scooter.

Epic should be at Havensight.

Going to St. John is wonderful. Red Hook is the closest ferry. Take a taxi. Check out the ferry schedule ahead of time. Would not recommend renting a scooter.

Thanks for the info and scooter recommendation...or lack of!!

Epic definitely docks at Havensight.

Here's the day we were there...Epic, Carnival Dream, another ship (can't remember the name) and if you look toward the top, left hand side of the picture, you will see the Oasis at their dock (she is turned facing toward the camera). :)

If you want an awesome shot like this, go to Paradise Point directly across from the port (within walking distance). You can buy tickets while on the Epic and they are cheaper than buying them at the tram station and also refundable if you decide not to go. :D

IMG_2017-XL.jpg

We are tendering in St Thomas - not happy about this...

Anybody know where the tender drops you off? Is it near a shopping area?

~ La Princesa

We tendered in last week on the Sun... anchored next to Havensight, but tendered into downtown Charlotte Amalie, right in the shopping area.

Archived