Bon Voyage no sell Liquor complaint email add

I received the same e-mail. I bet John Heald went to bat for us with the Miami beards. Here is the e-mail again;

"An unfortunate miscommunication occurred between our Bon Voyage department and call centers which led to the dissemination of incorrect information to our reservations agents. To clarify, we have not ceased alcohol sales, either pre-cruise or during the sailing, through Bon Voyage and apologize for any misunderstanding or confusion.

Carnival Cruise Lines"

Crisis over...resume party. See you in the hot tub with our plastic cup of BVD adult beverage of choice ;):D!

Marty & Jeanne

Yes, I'm sure John Heald went to bat for us (a bunch of people he doesn't know on a messege board) against the beards (his employers of many years). That makes allot of sense. I am better it really was just a miscommunication, nothing more.

Yes, I'm sure John Heald went to bat for us (a bunch of people he doesn't know on a messege board) against the beards (his employers of many years). That makes allot of sense. I am better it really was just a miscommunication, nothing more.

It may have been just a miscommunication but it does appear he looked into it for Host Mach as this is from his blog:

That’s all for today. A few days ago my friend Host Mach from Cruise Critic told me about a concern one of his members had when trying to order something from our Bon Voyage department. I put my investigative hat on and it seems that we made a bit of a boo boo ……..here is the official statement thingy.

“An unfortunate mis-communication occurred between our Bon Voyage department and call centers which led to the dissemination of incorrect information to our reservations agents. To clarify, we have not ceased alcohol sales, either pre-cruise or during the sailing, through Bon Voyage and apologize for any misunderstanding or confusion.”

Good, that’s that then.

I know better... John went to bat for us at my request and he would have done it regardless of who brought it to his attention...

John is more of a customer advocate than most folks would believe. He understands that if the customer is happy the cruise line makes money... something the newer folks at Carnival haven't learned yet...

It may have been just a miscommunication but it does appear he looked into it for Host Mach as this is from his blog:

That’s all for today. A few days ago my friend Host Mach from Cruise Critic told me about a concern one of his members had when trying to order something from our Bon Voyage department. I put my investigative hat on and it seems that we made a bit of a boo boo ……..here is the official statement thingy.

“An unfortunate mis-communication occurred between our Bon Voyage department and call centers which led to the dissemination of incorrect information to our reservations agents. To clarify, we have not ceased alcohol sales, either pre-cruise or during the sailing, through Bon Voyage and apologize for any misunderstanding or confusion.”

Good, that’s that then.

I've known John for quite a while and I'm honored to be able to count him as a good friend. We talk often and not only about Carnival and cruising.

Much like the unlocked baggage thing and the prohibited items list he was blindsided by this issue. When I told him about it his response was 'Bloody hell... I'm on it.'

:)

Sicne it appears that you can order from BV, can you order a bottle from room service to consume in your room. Since We are leaving Sunday I do not think that we can order from BV

You'll need to order it through Guest Services...

I haven't yet read the whole thread so this may have been suggested already. There is a guy at USA Today called Gene Sloan who runs the Cruise Log with the lastest happenings in he cruise world. By contacting him it may bring more pressure on Carnival to correct this debacle.

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/cruises/default.aspx

I haven't yet read the whole thread so this may have been suggested already. There is a guy at USA Today called Gene Sloan who runs the Cruise Log with the lastest happenings in he cruise world. By contacting him it may bring more pressure on Carnival to correct this debacle.

Super. We'll get right on it:D

Sorry, debacle solved.......

Gene is a very nice guy and a darn good travel writer but things like this are very tough for a newspaper to react to. That's one of the wonders of the internet... instantaneous!

You also never said it was only your opinion. Clarity' date=' my child, is the soul of communication. :D Get over myself? That sounds sort of kinky. :eek:[/quote']

Wouldn't that require a forklift???? To add insult to inquiry, Rick and I are waiting in the Ottawa airport so we can fly to Orlando for our cruise tomorrow.

All Carnival ships have this option available. Order a 'bar setup' from Guest Services...

OK, that's good to know. Last I had read it was only available on some ships. I'm undecided on whether to order more from BV, but knowing this, I think I'll just wait and order more if needed once on the ship.

OK, that's good to know. Last I had read it was only available on some ships. I'm undecided on whether to order more from BV, but knowing this, I think I'll just wait and order more if needed once on the ship.

Although I've been unable to get a pricing list from what I understand the pricing is the same through Guest Services as is it through Bon Voyage..

Have other people been able to order from the BV Department? We managed to, wondering if anyone else had any issues?

A few dozen or so folks have mentioned, in various threads, that they have ordered from the Bon Voyage Department without issue.

Archived