Bon Voyage no sell Liquor complaint email add

I contacted carnival on the no sale liquor from bon voyage. They said you can still purchase however many bottle of champagne and wine you want. They also gave me the following email for the gentlemen who made this decision for answeres concerning this matter. Let him know if there are any complaints.

Paul Shae-VP over the food & beverage services.

bon_voyage_mailbox@carnival.com

Hope this helps. :)

Don't see why you can't just provide the email addy correctly as this is a problem that many CC members will want to email their concerns to. I don't believe CC will have problem posting the email addy as below:

I think it is because we are not allowed to post links? I may be wrong though..

Let try this again.

I contacted carnival on the no sale liquor from bon voyage. They said you can still purchase however many bottle of champagne and wine you want. They also gave me the following email for the gentlemen who made this decision for answeres concerning this matter. Let him know if there are any complaints.

Paul Shae-VP over the food & beverage services.

Hope this helps. :)

Here is what I sent and it is all true. After a long ride with Carnival I will be exploring other cruise options.

Mr. Shae,

Because of Carnivals crack down on having liquor for sale by the bottle for in room consumption I will be looking at different cruise lines for my future cruising needs. Unfortunately I have 2 future cruises planed that I cannot cancel due to booking early saver restrictions. I will have over 20 cruises with Carnival but the 2 that I have currently booked will be my last. Also we never cruise alone there are 2-4 other couples that travel with us on every cruise that will follow for no other reason than I make the arrangements. I do understand that you are a for profit company, but I think you would have found that with the crack down on smuggling liquor people would have paid the inflated bottle price and your bottom line would have went up. Now all you have done is made a lot of people upset enough that you are going to shrink your customer base. I hope you reconsider and allow the sale of bottles again.

Paul Spillman

past guest # 8693924246

Celebration 87

Sea Breeze 89

Imagination 97

Destiny 10/99

Elation 9/00

Holiday 1/01

Triumph 09/01

Pride 03/02/02

Imagination 9/02

Triumph 12/02

Norwegian sun 4/03

Conquest 9/03

Destiny 9/04

Rhapsody Of The Seas 9/25/05

Glory 12/03/05

Miracle 10/01/06

Seven Seas Mariner 03/07

Liberty 09/29/07

Legend 09/28/08

Miracle 01/16/2009

Splendor 05/10/09

Destiny 05/28/09

Freedom 09/26/09

Splendor 09/26/10

Spirit 01/28/11

I just sent a note.

I can choose a cruise or I can choose a land vacation. On land, I have better control over what I spend on the large amount of wine and small amount of mixed drinks that I buy and because I can buy a bottle and have it with me, I have more convenience as well. I have to consider the "incidental" costs and convenience when deciding where to spend my money on a vacation.

If I want a hassle getting a drink of hard liquor while I am on vacation, I'll go vacation in Utah....:p

hb5

I don't order liquor through BV or smuggle, but I think this decision was a very dumb decision on Carnival's part. In support of all of you guys that do purchase through BV, I just sent the following email twice (work and home):

I was just informed that the BV department no longer sells liquor. I would like to voice my dissatisfaction with this decision. I think that this will lead to a financial loss for Carnival. While I am not one to drink at home, I do like to have a drink or two on vacation. Since the price for a cocktail at the bar is extremely overpriced, it was nice to be able to purchase a soda card and mix a drink in the room. Since I don't drink a lot, I would use half of a shot. If I were to request half a shot at the bar, I would still be charged the same amount as a full shot.

Unfortunately, I think that this decision will lead to more people trying to smuggle liquor on. I will not because I don't drink enough to justify trying to do something like that. But, I will probably spend less money on my upcoming cruise due to this decision.

Please reconsider this decision.

Ashley :)

Here's what I just sent in!

Mr. Shae,

The new "No Hard Liquor through BV" Policy recently adopted by Carnival was definately NOT one this cruise lines smartest moves.

I am writing today to let you know that it should be looked at again and hopefully removed. I will be waiting about a week to see if the issue gets resolved to my satifaction and if the new policy is not reversed, I will be taking not just my booze money from Carnival, but ALL my vacation money from Carnival by canceling the 2 cruises I have on their books already.

Thank you so very much for your time Mr. Shae!

Jeannine D.

Just sent off my email also.

My DH and I are also VIP travelers with more than 15 cruises. We don't drink that much but do feel it should be available to us if we chose to avail ourselves.

Hopefully they will rescind this decision.

Thanks for the email address.

Margaret

Here is what I sent and it is all true. After a long ride with Carnival I will be exploring other cruise options.

Mr. Shae,

Because of Carnivals crack down on having liquor for sale by the bottle for in room consumption I will be looking at different cruise lines for my future cruising needs. Unfortunately I have 2 future cruises planed that I cannot cancel due to booking early saver restrictions. I will have over 20 cruises with Carnival but the 2 that I have currently booked will be my last. Also we never cruise alone there are 2-4 other couples that travel with us on every cruise that will follow for no other reason than I make the arrangements. I do understand that you are a for profit company, but I think you would have found that with the crack down on smuggling liquor people would have paid the inflated bottle price and your bottom line would have went up. Now all you have done is made a lot of people upset enough that you are going to shrink your customer base. I hope you reconsider and allow the sale of bottles again.

Paul Spillman

past guest # 8693924246

You can skip RCI as line of choice. They got rid of their bon voyage options years ago.

I havent sailed yet but was to in March. Here is what I sent

Mr Shae:

I have been after my husband for 15 years to take a cruise and he finally agreed to take one in March.

In lieu of the recent decision we may just do our usual and go back to Aruba and do an all inclusive.

Your prices per bottle were outrageous but I was willing to buy a bottle so we could have a drink in our room. we are not wine drinkers. I can't see with the price of the cruise then add on what we would want to drink we can now afford a cruise, I hope you change your decision on this.

I just sent a letter as well. We have a decent size group sailing in November (up to 5 cabins), and were planning on getting 1-2 bottles per cabin. I'd rather pay a little more than deal with the risk and hassle of smuggling. But now this. Ugh. The annoying thing is that what I've smuggled in the past has only been consumed in-cabin, and my bar bill elsewhere on the trip wasn't impacted. I think now I'll purposely cut down on what I purchase from the bars.

Archived