Bon Voyage no sell Liquor complaint email add

I also have sent my email! It is the first time I have felt the need to do this with Carnival. I have endured the changes over the years, ie; making your own luggage tags, and printing your own cruise docs.

I was sad to see the Captain's party diluted to a "non event" with a 1.00 off drinks at the bar. Cant say I miss the chocolates on the pillow, but I thought it was a nice and not that expensive perk.

There just seem to be too many cuts, too fast lately for my taste, and for the first time in my entire history with Carnival, I am feeling annoyed!:(

What really frosts me is that Carnival is trying to control MY vacation experience.

I don't need "Big Brother" watching over me (I'm getting way too much of that from the Federal Government, thank you).

I will not vacation where my "host" seeks to control my social life, my leisure time.

Sorry Carnival. You've gone to far. I will not allow you -a service provider- to intrude this way in my life.

Perfectly said - that's exactly how I feel. Unfortunately I booked early saver rate and unless I want to lose my $1000 deposit I have no choice in the matter but this will be our very first and last cruise - we'll stick to our tried and true all-inclusive land vacations.

I agree!

If I could cancel my cruise and not lose the $1000 deposit (I booked early saver) I would definitely be cancelling REALLY!!!!. We have always done all-inclusives but I talked my husband into trying a cruise just once. Even though the price is at least double what we would pay going to an all-inclusive, last minute, at a 4-5* resort, not including airfare of at least $1200, an overnight stay in a motel in Tampa, excursions and now outrageously priced drinks on top. When I started researching this cruise, alcohol smuggling was tolerated by Carnival, when they clamped down on that we at least had Bon Voyage to fall back on. Carnival will get less alcohol profit from us than we had initially planned. We had planned to buy a few DODs and whatnot and we'll still do that, but the extras we would've had in our cabin will now be had in port!

Good for you and I'll be seeing you at those all-inclusive land vacations!

Carnival is doing this because they do not seriously think that there are enough people that would choose *not* to go on a cruise as a result of this policy. I see it here too on CC with other posters who question whether you'd *REALLY* take your money somewhere else.

Why wouldn't people look for other choices? Why wouldn't someone take into account ALL of the expenses they are likely to incur on a vacation before picking one?

Carnival believes that they will make up in bar revenues what they are losing in the few people that would choose to go elsewhere or choose other vacations because they are now cracking down on smuggling. You think they just pulled this idea out of their collective rears ? No. It is about the money and the bar revenue and they don't think that this will cost them anything but having to put up with a few (perhaps hundreds of) whiny e-mails (which are just as easily ignored with one swoop of the delete button).

I have only cruised once and the adults in my family were only lukewarm on doing it again. It is policies like this that take some of the convenience out of cruising and add expense.

Two comments:

1)Wish I owned stock in Rum Runners.

2)I feel sorry for the people who check the luggage! If they thought they were busy before, they were wrong!

I've only sailed Carnival once (other lines six times). Our next cruise is next month on Carnival. I had preordered two bottles of wine, and have been toying with idea of ordering a bottle of Bailey's for our coffee. We're not big drinkers, so it doesn't affect us too much. Guess I'll spend my money on a bottle of alcohol while we're on shore.

Sorry for everyone else, however. I can tell many people are very angry!

E-mail sent. Thanks to Mach (again) for working with your "contacts". Even my friends who are Diamond cruisers with Royal Caribbean have heard about this! They agreed it was a great option for those of us who cruise with Carnival and were shocked to see it so arbitrarily taken away!

Vacation is my life:

You were able to order your bottles from the BV department because this 'new' rule went into effect TODAY - anyone that had ordered before is 'safe'.

If this is true ...... then why was I able to call last week and order 2 bottles (vodka and rum) from Bon Voyage for my cruise in a few days.:D

They said "Thank you and my bottles will be in my room when I get there.

The policy was changed this morning.

If this is true ...... then why was I able to call last week and order 2 bottles (vodka and rum) from Bon Voyage for my cruise in a few days.:D

They said "Thank you and my bottles will be in my room when I get there.

This is a new policy as of this morning.

I also have sent my email! It is the first time I have felt the need to do this with Carnival. I have endured the changes over the years, ie; making your own luggage tags, and printing your own cruise docs.

I was sad to see the Captain's party diluted to a "non event" with a 1.00 off drinks at the bar. Cant say I miss the chocolates on the pillow, but I thought it was a nice and not that expensive perk.

There just seem to be too many cuts, too fast lately for my taste, and for the first time in my entire history with Carnival, I am feeling annoyed!:(

Just to square away a few items here... The Captain's Reception did change but the free drinks on that evening were replaced with free drinks at the Fun Farewell party on the last day of the cruise.

The chocolates on the pillows are not gone. A few ships had a shortage of them due to shipping problems from the manufacturer. They're back in stock on all Carnival ships now.

:)

Just to square away a few items here... The Captain's Reception did change but the free drinks on that evening were replaced with free drinks at the Fun Farewell party on the last day of the cruise.

The chocolates on the pillows are not gone. A few ships had a shortage of them due to shipping problems from the manufacturer. They're back in stock on all Carnival ships now.

:)

With due respect Host Mach, I know about the farewell party, so I give you that one! And I am not a big drinker, just like to have bit more than usual when I am on vacation, so this recent developement really bugs me, especially since smuggling is really not a good option anymore.

I may just be a little more "cranky" today, since I havent had a day off in over 30 days! Not to mention the "garbage" that my city council and provincial governments are shoving down my throat lately here. That however is just another totally different tale which I wont bore anyone here with.:rolleyes:

Okey-doky - got my fire proof underwear out of the drawer, now I'm ready to post...

Here's my take on it: with the vast amount of people who have never ever cruised, cruised but never heard of CC, cruised but never knew they could order their bottles of booze from BV, it's only us....this tiny vocal percentage of cruisers who have met on line, traded barbs, witticisms and smuggling tips - gone on a bunch of ships on many different oceans and watched our perks float away. If you never knew about this, would it really matter to you while you're planning a vacation - land or sea? The Newbies look at the cruise from the perspective of what is being offered right this minute, not at what we know it used to be. They still look at it as a good deal - and it is!

Sit down, Grandpappy is gonna tell you what cruising used to be - free soda - as much as you could drink for 7 days and 7 nights - parties with the captain with hot appetizers and booze free flowing. You'd arrive in your cabin and there would be jugs of booze........and the midnight buffet! Lasted til dawn...:cool:

I, too, sent an email to Mr. Shea, however, I took the spelling from this site and spelled his name wrong.

Below is what I wrote:

Dear Mr. Shae,

I wrote this on your website, but put it in general info, so I am writing to complain about your new policy regarding the Bon Voyage liquor. Up until recently, I have been a red wine drinker, but have developed GERD and can no longer drink red wine. I had planned to buy a bottle of scotch for my October 18 cruise on Miracle and also buy bottles of scotch for my back to back in April on Dream. Both these cruises are already booked.

I do choose to have a drink in my cabin while getting dressed for dinner and perhaps before bed while sitting out on the balcony. Now, unless I smuggle and get away with it, which I haven't done previously, I won't be able to do so.

Our April cruises are booked with Early Saver and with your policy, are non-refundable. I agreed to these BEFORE you instituted your new policy. If you change the rules, I should be allowed to cancel my booking at no charge. We have another couple going with us on all three of these cruises, and our October cruise has an additional two cabins booked. I feel you made the wrong decision. I can see if you made it for NEW bookings effective XX/XX/XXXX, but to make it effective as of today when we have already made our bookings is totally unfair.

It's strange that Carnival announced that rates were going up in advance of the summer cruises, but this announcement was secret until people tried to order liquor today. I am a Platinum cruiser on Carnival, and even though I have other cruises that aren't on your records,. I thought I, as well as all others, were valued cruisers. But, it seems like we aren't.

My husband and I are Diamond Plus cruisers on Royal Caribbean and we can go for over three hours of free drinks nightly, should we desire. On there, I don't see a need to buy liquor for my cabin, but on both lines we still buy drinks.

I am hoping you reconsider this idea, and if not, please find a way that we can cancel our back to back with no penalty. You changed the rules and we don't like them. What's fair is fair.

Thank you,

luck out order two weeks ago a bottle of rum for my DEC cruise

Was going to order a another bottle our G&M group was going to have a cabin crawl. it has been dropped

Captain, past cruise party, no chocolate on the pillow, past guess pins now no bottles from bon voyage, what is next pay toliets in the cabins

Tooked this cruise on es rates so can't cancel but had two cruises planned for next year one to Alaska and one Southern Carib.Now I say goodby to carnival and hello to NCL or a cruise line not own by carnival.

Paul

KatieL53,

My exact thoughts. I am a 1st time cruiser and booked a cove balcony specific so I could have a few drinks on it (actually most of the time). I chose this option because of the BV and having it delivered to room. If this does not change then I think they should refund as well. Isn't it breach of contract to have something them remove it? I did ES as well.

People may think negative and that I need the drink and have problems, but I really did choose this ship and cruise because I wanted to spend a lot of time on the Balcony just relaxing reading a book and drinking a cold one.

Let me know what you find out if they do not change policy because I think they should offer full refund as well if not honoring it.

Thanks!

luck out order two weeks ago a bottle of rum for my DEC cruise

Was going to order a another bottle our G&M group was going to have a cabin crawl. it has been dropped

Captain, past cruise party, no chocolate on the pillow, past guess pins now no bottles from bon voyage, what is next pay toliets in the cabins

Tooked this cruise on es rates so can't cancel but had two cruises planned for next year one to Alaska and one Southern Carib.Now I say goodby to carnival and hello to NCL or a cruise line not own by carnival.

Paul

I agree. I do not like all of the changes Carnival keeps making. I can deal with most - but the past guest pin removal really ticked me off. Since then I have been considering other lines more seriously.

We have already placed our BV order for our Dream cruise in a few days. If that is not honored I am seriously considering canceling our 2 other cruises already booked. I may cancel them anyway and go elsewhere.

I can afford to book other cruise lines and Carnival is increasingly leaving me with a bad taste.

I'm sure someone corrected you already, but in case no one has, John Heald is the Senior Cruise director and has a somewaht popular (with certain people) blog about cruising. The only thing he is in charge of is the Bingo and Trivia games on whatever cruise ship is under his feet.

Thank you for saying this. It continues to amaze me on this board how people think John Heald is second in command to Mickey Arison or something. He is a CRUISE DIRECTOR. A very popular cruise director, senior cruise director, one with a very entertaining blog but at the end of the day...he is a cruise director.

Does John have some pull? Sure. But he won't be the one making or changing any decisions. He's more of a barrier between corporate and the customer and tries his best to keep passengers happy on a smaller level.

I enjoy a drink or two....When I'm vacation I probably drink a little more than when I'm home. With that being said I can't see myself NOT going on a cruise because I was not able to purchase bottles. I would think if the drinks are that important to you an ALL INCLUSIVE vacation would be the better choice.

As one poster said WE on CC are just a small percent of cruisers, I doubt very much if any one from CC cancels their cruise it would mean anything to Carnival.

Archived