Bon Voyage no sell Liquor complaint email add

Hi guys. I've been asked for the email address again, just trying to keep it on the same thread.

I contacted carnival on the no sale liquor from bon voyage. They said you can still purchase however many bottle of champagne and wine you want. They also gave me the following email for the gentlemen who made this decision for answers concerning this matter. They said if there are complaints with the no liquor policy they want to hear about it.

Paul Shea-VP over the food & beverage services.

bon_voyage_mailbox@carnival.com

Keep emailing

Originally Posted by rwdtgb viewpost.gif

I just tried to order for my cruise in 2 weeks and was told the policy was changed, but they are getting numerous e-mails and to check back in 24 to 48 hours for a possible change.

With due respect Host Mach, I know about the farewell party, so I give you that one! And I am not a big drinker, just like to have bit more than usual when I am on vacation, so this recent developement really bugs me, especially since smuggling is really not a good option anymore.

I may just be a little more "cranky" today, since I havent had a day off in over 30 days! Not to mention the "garbage" that my city council and provincial governments are shoving down my throat lately here. That however is just another totally different tale which I wont bore anyone here with.:rolleyes:

I'm sorry about your job situation...

The reason I said what I did was because there is so much misinformation wandering around these boards that it's stunning. I try to correct such items as I see them so that accurate information is available to the folks who read these boards.

:)

OK I understand people are upset about this but the threats to cancel your future booked cruises..or even thinking about canceling your cruises........

Really!.....

come on... it would take alot more for me to cancel ...like the ship is on fire ...or the stop offering booze all together...

Not necessarily! An all inclusive resort can be much cheaper than a cruise. Guess it would depend upon how much you spend on a cruise.

Thank you for saying this. It continues to amaze me on this board how people think John Heald is second in command to Mickey Arison or something. He is a CRUISE DIRECTOR. A very popular cruise director, senior cruise director, one with a very entertaining blog but at the end of the day...he is a cruise director.

Does John have some pull? Sure. But he won't be the one making or changing any decisions. He's more of a barrier between corporate and the customer and tries his best to keep passengers happy on a smaller level.

All the above is true but we must give credit where credit is due. John has been instrumental in several sensitive items in the recent past. He went to bat for us when Carnival demanded that luggage be unlocked when handed over to the porters. He pressed hard for the changes to the prohibited items list and he's currently working on this issue as well.

I'm sure that he, and several other folks at Carnival, are tired of hearing me from me on such issues but I'll continue to do it as long as Carnival continues to make off the wall decisions...

Mach. I started this thread this morning when I found out no more alcohol. Why do you keep bringing up smuggling? I am not interested in smuggling. I want the decision reversed.:confused:

I think you need to reread my posts. I've said not a single word about smuggling.

Mach. I started this thread this morning when I found out no more alcohol. Why do you keep bringing up smuggling? I am not interested in smuggling. I want the decision reversed.:confused:

If you are so he77 bent to get this reversed... why not contact the cruiseline to all that you can find email addresses to ? CC members are but a miniscule % of cruise passengers on any given CCL ship and if you think that just us emailing those in power are going to get this reversed...well good luck !

I too am not pleased with this decision, but will live with it if necessary or take/send my business and clients elsewhere if it concerns them that much. :(

Instead of cancelling the hard liquor sales, in light of the crackdown on smuggling, Carnival should have promoted the sales of hard liquor through the Bon Voyage dept. This at least would have given a venue for the past smugglers to at least have hard liquor in their cabins and still give Carnival a revenue source.

It is only through the cruise boards or a knowledgeable TA, that we were aware of the unadvertised sales.

Dave

All the above is true but we must give credit where credit is due. John has been instrumental in several sensitive items in the recent past. He went to bat for us when Carnival demanded that luggage be unlocked when handed over to the porters. He pressed hard for the changes to the prohibited items list and he's currently working on this issue as well.

I'm sure that he, and several other folks at Carnival, are tired of hearing me from me on such issues but I'll continue to do it as long as Carnival continues to make off the wall decisions...

LOL...I agree with you completely, and we are pretty much saying the same thing. I just feel that some have quite unrealistic expectations from John, that's all. He's a great guy and I appreciate all he does.

LOL...I agree with you completely, and we are pretty much saying the same thing. I just feel that some have quite unrealistic expectations from John, that's all. He's a great guy and I appreciate all he does.

There's a lot of folks behind the scenes that very supportive.

When I told John what had come about this morning his response was 'Bloody hell...'

;)

When I told John what had come about this morning his response was 'Bloody hell...'

;)

I love John (never had the pleasure of meeting him but do enjoy his blog and his common sense approach to life) and Mach - I am loving you too!! Thanks for all you do!

I love John (never had the pleasure of meeting him but do enjoy his blog and his common sense approach to life) and Mach - I am loving you too!! Thanks for all you do!

I do what little I can and I'm happy to do it... after all... I'm subject to the same rules as everyone else.

John is really more of an advocate for the passengers than most people know.

Thanks for the kind words.

:)

I think what some are missing here is, it is true that people who post on Cruise Critic may be a small % of cruisers. But in the same breath, the small % that post here know another person who may not post on Cruise Critic but also sail with Carnival. And that person may know someone else who also sails with Carnival and so on and so forth down the line..

I stated before that I told both of my Aunts about what has happened. They both sent emails to Carnival. They both do not post on Cruise Critic. They both have sailed with Carnival over the past 15 years or so. Between the both of them, they know about 20 people or so who cruise faithfully with Carnival and those people know people who cruise with Carnival...

That is all it will take.. As many posters on this board are upset with this, so will cruisers all over that sail with Carnival.. ;)

I think what some are missing here is, it is true that people who post on Cruise Critic may be a small % of cruisers. But in the same breath, the small % that post here know another person who may not post on Cruise Critic but also sail with Carnival. And that person may know someone else who also sails with Carnival and so on and so forth down the line..

I stated before that I told both of my Aunts about what has happened. They both sent emails to Carnival. They both do not post on Cruise Critic. They both have sailed with Carnival over the past 15 years or so. Between the both of them, they know about 20 people or so who cruise faithfully with Carnival and those people know people who cruise with Carnival...

That is all it will take.. As many posters on this board are upset with this, so will cruisers all over that sail with Carnival.. ;)

Same could be said of the people that may support this decision though?

I know what you mean ava. I told all 47 people that went with us last cruise, and the other 29 that have cruised with us. I made sure they knew how to get their past guest numbers, and for the truly lazy I typed a letter for them to copy and paste. Add to that the people they told, and one of them LIVES on the computer - blogs, the whole nine - and there's no telling how many people found out. And you know people here have told eveybody they know. And FWIW - we may be a small percentage, but we are a vocal group.:D

Archived