Changing Staterooms After Boarding

All,

Thanks in advance for your help: my wife and 5 kids are cruising on LOS in a few months. Right now, we are in 3 cabins either directly across or right to each other. If we want to change "whom is sharing a room with whom," can we request this once we get to the Terminal, or can they make these changes at the Guest Services Desk on the ship?

Thanks again for your time, this site is extremely helpful to me!

It sounds like when you booked you booked an adult in each cabin that had children. Once you are onboard you can change sleeping arrangements as much as your heart's desire. No need to let the people in the terminal know nor guest relations. The only time guest relations need to know is if you need to make arrangements to have your sign and sail card fixed so you also have access to your childrens' cabins besides your own.

If you want everyone to have a correct key for the cabin they are actually sleeping in go to guest relations after boarding. They will be happy to give you and extra key to those cabins. Just be careful as it may just be a key and your Sea Pass will still be needed for everything else with the old cabin info on it. As parents you probably want an extra key anway, we always get one for our kids cabin so we can check in as we need/want to.

All,

Thanks in advance for your help: my wife and 5 kids are cruising on LOS in a few months. Right now, we are in 3 cabins either directly across or right to each other. If we want to change "whom is sharing a room with whom," can we request this once we get to the Terminal, or can they make these changes at the Guest Services Desk on the ship?

Thanks again for your time, this site is extremely helpful to me!

Why not book it the way you want it to begin with?

Royal will let you book kids into a cabin w/o an adult if they are adjacent to or right across the hall from the adults.

Often, people will split the adults up because they might be past guests (or seniors, or platinum/diamond) and this way they get the discount in both rooms. Then when they get on board, they move everyone around.

Royal will let you book kids into a cabin w/o an adult if they are adjacent to or right across the hall from the adults.

I've heard several people say this, but it wouldn't work when my TA booked my cruise (E1 plus PR across the hall for the kids). She tried a couple of times to no avail. We booked with one adult in each room and will straighten things out when we board. Technically, the PR is not directly across the hall...it's one door down the hall. Maybe the second room needs to be literally across the hall or next door to avoid booking an adult in each???

I've heard several people say this, but it wouldn't work when my TA booked my cruise (E1 plus PR across the hall for the kids). She tried a couple of times to no avail. We booked with one adult in each room and will straighten things out when we board. Technically, the PR is not directly across the hall...it's one door down the hall. Maybe the second room needs to be literally across the hall or next door to avoid booking an adult in each???

RCI actually needs to do an override in their system to allow the booking. What I've done in the past is put in a bogus birthdate for one of the kids and booked on line myself. Before final payment I will call and have them change the birth date to what it needs to be. Of course, you can just call RCI and have them book it that way from the beginning, but I like to do it myself. Your TA would have needed to call RCI to get it done, but it is definitely do-able.

Archived