Amalfi Coast tour from Naples Port

Joy Scott

Looking for recommendations for reputable Amalfi Coast tours for myself, husband and 18 year old daughter.

Would really like to do Capri and Amalfi but it according to the boards it doesn't sound doable for a 12 hour cruise stop in Naples. Do you agree?:rolleyes:

Looking for recommendations for reputable Amalfi Coast tours for myself, husband and 18 year old daughter.

Would really like to do Capri and Amalfi but it according to the boards it doesn't sound doable for a 12 hour cruise stop in Naples. Do you agree?:rolleyes:

I have used tourofitaly.com twice and had great tours and will certainly use them on my next visit. Visit their website, Giancarlo should get back to you quickly. You will find other recommendations on this board and I'm sure most are very good but I speak from my experience. I would suggest you check prices of others and find a company you feel comfortable with and recommended on this board. As to seeing the coast and Capri it is doable but would be very hurried and probably stressful. The Amalfi Coast if the most beautiful place I've ever been and it should be absorbed while enjoying and that takes a little time. Enjoy the scenery and have a great meal with a view you will never forget as I have twice. Happy cruising

I used Romeinlomo last summer for our vacation, and they were wonderful. I subsequently gave their info. to two other couples going with separate groups on different vacations, and they all came back raving!!! If you want immediate contact, professionalism, friendliness, knowledge, and comfort in travel...then use them. You will not be sorry!!!

You can not do both Capri and Amalfi from Naples and do justice. We did Amalfi a few years ago with seesorrento.com (Marcello) and had a wonderful day with alot of sightseeing and a memorable lunch. Suggest you try to get others on your sailing to join you (check your roll call). Private tours in Italy are great, but expensive and usually the price is for the vehicle and driver, so if you can find a few couples (depending on capacity of vehicle) the price drops significantly.

We did the Amalfi coast witrh RomeInLimo. There were 4 of us and we joined up with another couple from our ship like suggested above. Great tour. Highlight for me was visiting Pompeii. Really stunning. RIL also supplied our own private tour guide which I found very useful. Had a great lunch on a hilltop restaurant with a fantastic view. We're going back to Italy this coming December and can't wait for those two tours.

The last 3 years we have used Romeinlimo.com and found them to be a terrific company. I think you will find many recommendations for them. I would not try and see both places. One year we decided to forgo a tour and took ourselves to Capri and, sorry to all the Capri lovers, but we just weren't that impressed. I mean it was a gorgeous view and all, but found once at the top, all we found were expensive shops and restaurants.

This last year our driver was Raffaello and he was THEE most fun. If you end up booking a tour with Romeinlimo you should try and request him. What a FUN day. We took our entire family last year. My mother's very first trip across the pond... and this was her most favorite day.

We arranged for a private guide inside Pompeii too. My husband and I had been before but with my mother and our teenage kids, we decided that an expert could show us the "things" to see much more efficiently than we had done ourselves. It was a great day! Pompeii is amazing!

Have a great time! We are going again next year and I am excited to start planning again!

We did a private 5 hour Amalfi Coast Tour with Carmine of Private Tours of Southern Italy (www.amalficoastdrivers.com). It was wonderful!! Carmine is personable, witty, has an excellent command of the English language and seems to know and be friends with everyone. We had a fantastic lunch at a family restaurant atop Positano (arranged for by Carmine) that was one of our best meals in Italy. We thoroughly enjoyed our day with him and would not hesitate to use him again. He will customize any tour you would like in the area.

We did a HAL ship tour of the Amalfi Coast. This guaranteed us to be back in time and just in case, they hold the ship. Some days the traffic on that coast road is very slow moving. We really loved this area and often thought we love to go back but there is much more of the world we need to see.

There is nothing to fear with booking a private tour with recommended tour companies. I have not read ONE post of anyone missing the ship due to a GOOD private tour company. Ever! It is great if some people see the value in a ship tour... I do not... and if you took a chance and tried a private tour to compare, you would understand why so many people recommend them. The difference is seriously night and day.

The cruise lines WANT you to be afraid to book with anyone else. The cruise lines make no money on your cabin. They need to sell the overpriced excursions and everything else to make money. Which is fine... and super fine for going snorkeling with the little fishes in the Caribbean, but when it comes to my precious 10 hours in Italy...all over the Med really... I want the most out of my day that I can get. A ship tour can't give it to you the same way. On our two occasions of ship tours, before I smartened up... we spent a good share of our day waiting for the other 48 people to be back on the bus... the several that are always late everywhere they go... the restroom stop for 25 more along the way... Never again!

• 2 weeks later...

We just used Tour of Italy and Giancarlo was the best, a great driver, excellent stop for lunch. Our tour guide in Pompeii was a Professor and very well spoken, he gave us a excellent tour for 8 of us. We spent time in Sorrento, did the Amalfi coast, could of spent more time in Positano, but by the end of the day, everyone was exhausted, with 6 more days of touring ahead. He got us back to the boat in plenty of time. We will use him again and highly reccommend.

Archived