Transfering Pictures from Camera to USB stick

Gatguy

Are there facilities (computers) onboard to transfer pictures from your camera to a USB or CD for storage or do you have to buy the internet package to access the computers? Is there a cost if there are computers onboard? Any info will be appreciated.

Are there facilities (computers) onboard to transfer pictures from your camera to a USB or CD for storage or do you have to buy the internet package to access the computers? Is there a cost if there are computers onboard? Any info will be appreciated.

Check photo shop as well, we had pics burned to CD a couple years ago and I think it was $20. It may be cheaper than going internet as the net can be slow and I know is expensive.

Camera memory is so cheap, I would just buy another or a bigger memory stick / card.

A little off-topic, but the reason that many people bring laptops is so that they can immediately transfer their pix from their camera. On one of my first cruises, several people lost ALL of their cruise photos, numbering in the hundreds, by a malfunction in their camera.

For me the extra work in bringing a laptop pays off in being able to see, label, sort and catalogue my photos on a daily basis. Many newer laptops are very small and easy to carry.

I just returned from a cruise on the Carnival Dream. I took a Flip video camera (great camera) because you can carry it in your pocket. I also too a external hard drive to transfer my video from the camera (it only records two hours of video). I was amazed when the computer manager on the ship told me that all the ships computers were secured so that you could not connect a external device or load data onto their machines. He suggested trying a internet cafe in St. Thomas. I found the cafe and they had the same policy. Maybe NCL has a different policy. I would call ahead to find out. Good luck.

:)

I was amazed when the computer manager on the ship told me that all the ships computers were secured so that you could not connect a external device or load data onto their machines. He suggested trying a internet cafe in St. Thomas. I found the cafe and they had the same policy. Maybe NCL has a different policy. I would call ahead to find out. Good luck.

:)

All ships and decent Internet Cafes do not allow downloads as they do not want to deal with viruses and bugs outsiders would bring in. Plus......you could have people that download offensive material that the next user could run into.

Archived