Bon Voyage World Cruisers 2010 ( thats better )

Gaznjo

David

The more I follow DP's WC, the more I am certain that 104 days non-stop would not be for me. There seems to be a certain tiring "inexorable-ness" (just made that word up) about it all. The shore stops are short enough as it is - and any problem that pops up along the way seems to have a follow on consequence to it - because the journey has been planned out with no "spare space" anywhere in the schedule. We even see this here in Oz - where the weekly cruises running out of Sydney/Brisbane are so closely planned to run into one another that a problem in one cruise leads to a consequent problem for the next. Realistically, I can understand why this is done - but for a WC requiring such a large amount of money for a ticket - I can see the problem as it potentially affects us personally . I guess though that these cruises really are all about the ship and the cruise - the ports are just "extras" that we probably have to consider as somewhat potentially expendable. Barry

I totally agree Barry,

Short port stops...

I try to look for cruises that have an overnight in port.....

not easy to find, but really enjoyed the overnights on the Round Australia cruise at Fremantle and Hobart.

In ports you know or have been to before, sure do your own thing, just get back to the ship on time.

Clicked on to your blog and read the shore excursions you are planning, and think they are great. In the long distance cruises we have done we usually go for the ships tour that is called City Highlights, and find that gives a wonderful overview of your port call in the time available, and they usually allow time to wander around and soak up the atmosphere after the tour.

The other thing to keep in mind is that you have a guide and although they usually talk, talk ,talk, they do give you an overview into life in their part of the world which is really valuable.

David

I try to look for cruises that have an overnight in port.....

On our cruise back to Oz on Arcadia via the Panama Canal, we have a TWO DAY stop in one port. Wouldn't it be great if we could do more of that??? Even for the P&O cruises to Vila, I reckon I would like an overnight stop.

Well you are probably keen to hear which wonderful port we will be having the 2 day stopover??? ------- ( Drum roll) -------SYDNEY!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::D Oh well, at last I will be able to go to Australia's best pub - and try out every one of their beers. I've never been able to do that before - and it's a downhill roll back to the OPT

Barry

DavidI try to look for cruises that have an overnight in port.....

On our cruise back to Oz on Arcadia via the Panama Canal, we have a TWO DAY stop in one port. Wouldn't it be great if we could do more of that??? Even for the P&O cruises to Vila, I reckon I would like an overnight stop.

Well you are probably keen to hear which wonderful port we will be having the 2 day stopover??? ------- ( Drum roll) -------SYDNEY!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::D Oh well, at last I will be able to go to Australia's best pub - and try out every one of their beers. I've never been able to do that before - and it's a downhill roll back to the OPTBarry

Fantastic Barry,

Very few can book the "Arcadia" as their Hotel in Sydney.

Not many Hotels in Sydney have the view you will get:)

Even for the P&O cruises to Vila, I reckon I would like an overnight stop.

Barry

yes I/ we do think that would be a great thing, only if P&O/ Princess would start do night stop overs in the sth pacific islands and nz cruises.( opened up the box on that one):rolleyes:

"Hope the fog clears soon"

http://www.riyachting.com/newport-rhode-island-hyatt-webcam-one-large.html

Newport, Rhode Island

Current Conditions

Updated: 7:53 AM EDT SAT JUL 24 2010 Sun, Moon & Time Information upright.giffog.gif

Fog And Mist

Temp: 75°F °F = °C

Enter temp. to convert. Humidity: 100% Wind Speed: N/A mph Barometer: 29.83 in. Dewpoint: 75°F Heat Index: 75°F Wind Chill: 75°F

NEWPORT TIME: 8:21:35 AM 7/24/2010

Standard Time Zone: GMT -4

clear.gif

Sunrise: 5:32 AM EDT Sunset: 8:10 PM EDT Newport, Rhode Island Weather Forecast:

Dated: 728 AM EDT SAT JUL 24 2010 Expires: 415 PM EDT SAT JUL 24 2010 TODAY TONIGHT chancetstorm.gif

helen... if you have windows 7 under accessories you have a program called snipping tool.... you click on that and it lets you draw a box around any part of you screen... then it lets you save it as a jpg... I then load it up onto my webshots page and then you post the link in your message...

if you dont have windows 7 you just do a print screen then open paint and then do a paste ... that will give you a image of your screen ... then use the cropping tool to cut out which ever part of your screen you want ... save it, upload it and paste the link into your message...

clear as mud LOL

Thanks Joanne. No to Windows 7 but I have saved the print screens, thought there may have been easier way when you cant right click, but thankfully you got home in time to post the pics, I saved just incase no one else was out there watching. I also was out to dinner got straight on computer when I got home and could see her on the Newport cam great timing.

ok I would love to stop and watch her tender but i am so tired..... had a lovely dinner with friends... garry is already upstairs warming the bed up...it is so cold here again today...

goodnight all

joanne

she doesn't have to go very far to get to new york....... do they go and sit out in the middle of the ocean for a while through the night before heading back into port when they are so close...or do they do a big loop

Archived