RCI stock down $4 in 2 days

For what it's worth, I consider RCI a growth stock. The OBC has little value to me any more since I usually book a balcony and get get a balcony discount that is greater than the OBC. RCI no longer pays a dividend, so the only value for my investment is in seeing the price of the stock go up or the shares split. Right now neither looks very promising, and it has not looked that way for a long time.

If you stay in non-balcony cabins, the OBC is still a good deal if you do not have access to other discounts.

Right now neither looks very promising, and it has not looked that way for a long time.

Actually, for those who purchased RCI stock a year or so ago when the price was around $5 a share, it has looked pretty good for awhile. Short term fluctuations may be just that - short term - and as the economy improves and the company continues to post a profit, the future looks brighter than it did not that long ago.:)

RCI no longer pays a dividend, so the only value for my investment is in seeing the price of the stock go up or the shares split.

FYI a share split has ZERO impact on the value of your investment. Let's say that Royal climbs to $60 per share and announces a 2 for 1 stock split. And let's say you have 100 shares.

Before the split you hold 100 Shares at $60 per/share, so $6,000 worth of stock.

After the split you hold 200 shares at $30 per/share, so $6,000 worth of stock.

A stock split is nothing more than taking a big cookie, breaking it in half and calling it two cookies. You still have the same exact amount.

IMO you can play the market or put all your money on "red" it's all a gamble.

The people who own Royal stock are going to defend it no matter what. That's a given.

The economy sucks right now. That's another given.

IMO you can play the market or put all your money on "red" it's all a gamble.

The people who own Royal stock are going to defend it no matter what. That's a given.

The economy sucks right now. That's another given.

Amen to that statement!!:rolleyes:

Rick

Archived