RCI stock down $4 in 2 days

The whole market is going to s__ts. Oil is down to ~$65. Bank stocks are way down.

The size of the stateroom or it's location is not that much of a concern for me at the moment.

The only upside is that U$ is up against most currencies so for travelers it's good news.

It is very dangerous to draw any conclusions from the results over a two day period. Choose several different time periods and look at how a particular stock performed and you will get dramatically different pictures. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. Can I assume that you will advise us if and when RCI's stocks post a similar increase over a similarly short period of time?:rolleyes:

Google down $15 just today, the point?

But that is only 3% and for RCCL they are down 8% today, can't compare dollar to dollar.

I think they need better pizza and it will soar once again!;)

But that is only 3% and for RCCL they are down 8% today, can't compare dollar to dollar.

I think they need better pizza and it will soar once again!;)

Comparisons are usually foolish anyway and everyone has a ready explanation for why particular stocks or the market in general finishes up or down on any day. Most of the explanations, even those which sound good, are probably not worth the effort expended in coming up with them.

Yes the market is down but you have to look at the bigger picture. I've pretty much made everything back that I lost in the last two years and was actually looking at a gain (gasp!). As long as you don't cash in, you haven't lost anything. :D

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Co

( NYSE: RCL )

Last Trade:27.76 $Trade Time:9:04pmChange:down_r.gif2.06 (6.91%)Prev Close:29.82Open:28.22Bid:N/AAsk:N/A1y Target Est:11.90 $Day's Range:27.51 - 28.7652wk Range:11.80 - 38.12Volume:7,557,706Avg Vol (3m):3,752,010Market Cap:5.97BP/E (ttm):20.97 xEPS (ttm):1.32 $Div & Yield:N/A (N/A)

Considering that it's up more than 50% over the past year, what exactly is your concern?:confused:

The entire market is going through a long overdue correction - down 12% in the last 30 days - so every stock drop is going to look just about the same as RCI. It only becomes an RCI problem if it's going down while the rest of the market is going up

On the lighter note:

The only reason I posted the news today was because few weeks ago somebody started a thread asking about purchasing 100 shares just to get the OBC. The OP could not afford to keep the money in the market beyond the cruise and would have to sell right after the cruise.

The majority of the replies said to go ahead and do it. The stock is performing great. I and few others warned against that advice, stating that if the OP is not in there for the long term, forget about it as you can lose more than the OBC they will get.

Sorry about not making that clear.

but, on the serious note,

the market does reflect on what's going on in the world. The global economy is not getting better. The unemployment stats came out this morning and instead of projected small positive news it was negative. Europe has it's own issues. Asia as well. China's problems will have huge effect on US economy.

Something to think about when spending discretionary funds.

On the lighter note:

The only reason I posted the news today was because few weeks ago somebody started a thread asking about purchasing 100 shares just to get the OBC. The OP could not afford to keep the money in the market beyond the cruise and would have to sell right after the cruise.

Sorry about not making that clear.

Ah, OK, well I agree 100% with you. Nobody should buy the stock just in hopes of getting the OBC, that is silly. RCL (along with CCL) tend to be fairly volatile stocks. Their short term ups and downs are much higher than a Blue Chip would be. I have actually used this to my advantage to make some nice short term gains, but this is definitely money that I am not relying on pulling out of the market anytime soon.

Their short term ups and downs are much higher than a Blue Chip would be.

There are no more "Blue Chips." For example, ask those who owned General Motors!

The stock market has changed totally in the last ten years. PE ratios don't matter much anymore, rather everything is predicated on future earnings.

A nice quartely report can actually send a stock down if the numbers came in below what the analysts expected.

It's an all new world in investing today and the person who isn't willing to commit time to learn and understand would do better to remain on the sidelines.

And it should be pointed out that it is institutional investors, and not the average guy in the street who buys a few hundred shares, who have the most influence on the price of stocks. Understanding why they may buy or sell any particular stock, and what factors go into their calculations are, at best, sometimes difficult to understand. Analysts frequently are wrong in their estimation of how well a company will do, but when that happens it is the company stock, rather than the analyst's credibility, that takes the hit. As Yogimax has said,even if a company performs well, if that performance doesn't match the analyst's predictions, the stock will suffer.

There are no more "Blue Chips." For example, ask those who owned General Motors!

The stock market has changed totally in the last ten years. PE ratios don't matter much anymore, rather everything is predicated on future earnings.

A nice quartely report can actually send a stock down if the numbers came in below what the analysts expected.

It's an all new world in investing today and the person who isn't willing to commit time to learn and understand would do better to remain on the sidelines.

There are a ton of Blue Chips!

J&J, GE, IBM, Exxon, 3M, Coke, pharmaceuticals

PE is definitely worthless, as is yield. Agree, educate yourself or stay out of it. I'm buying. but not rcl

Archived