Thermal Suites and Hydrotherapy Pool Sold Out!

tcv cruiser

I've read so many great things on CC about the thermal suites and hydrotherapy pool on the Vista class ships that we decided to splurge and get the week long package for the two of us. I've tried to book this online through HAL's site (in the online gifts section) but it doesn't appear as an option. There are various suites packages and various spa packages that include the hyrdrotherapy pool and thermal suites but we don't want all the other stuff that is included. Does anyone know if just paying for the thermal suites and pool has been discontinued as an option or is likely that it is sold out? We depart in less than four weeks. Maybe we waited to long? :eek:

I doubt very seriously that the Thermal Suite passes are already sold out. Just wander up to the Spa on embarkation day. That is what we did three weeks ago on the Eurodam. You are right; what you see online are the bigger packages, not the individual Spa offerings.

Dennis

You can only purchase passes to the Thermal Suite and Hydro Pool once onboard. I always make sure to purchase mine on embarkation day. They say passes are limited, and while I've never seen anyone turned away, I don't doubt it.

Not sure if you can get one by calling Ship Services; I haven't personally tried that.

I have purchased the thermal suite pass before my cruise via ship services. I think it was $89 for the week. That way, there is no rush to get to the spa as soon as you board, unless of course you want to book treatments. There will be a "gift card" in your stateroom stating that you bought yourself a gift, the use of the thermal suite for the cruise. You will love it

You can only purchase passes to the Thermal Suite and Hydro Pool once onboard. I always make sure to purchase mine on embarkation day. They say passes are limited, and while I've never seen anyone turned away, I don't doubt it.

Not sure if you can get one by calling Ship Services; I haven't personally tried that.

I bought my pass for the Amsterdam May 31st sailing by calling HAL three weeks ago:).

I'm going to show my ignorance even more than traveller111. I've read the description of the thermal suites, but don't quite understand them (duh on me). I'm wondering if this might be something my mother might like. She has severe RA, so both the suite and hydrotherapy pool sound intriguing. But she has mobility issues, and needs help to get up and down, in and out, etc.

I toured it, but didn't use it.

The one on the Rotterdam had two steam rooms/saunas. There were several tiled loungers that are heated and people rave about. There was also a hydrotherapy pool which basically was a hot tub with fancy water. The hydrotherapy pool was supposed to be good for people with arthritis.

The spa lady said that passes were limited to 40 people so that it wouldn't be crowded like the other hot tubs. Also, it's indoors so there is no problem with bad weather.

I don't know about HAL, but on NCL this was an area that used to be part of the spa and was reserved for people who were receiving spa treatments and is similar to areas in posh spas on land that are reserved for people receiving spa treatments.

I bought my full-cruise T-spa pass on Amstrdam on board on embarkation day. I think it was a better deal than through ship services. Embarkation day had the best deal of the whole cruise.

The temperature of the T-spa pool was very hot. We ow a hot tub and I usually like it about 104, but the T-spa pool was higher, I'd say closer to 107, where my DH likes it.

There were also 2 steam rooms and 2 aromatherapy showers which were so nice to cool down. The ceramic loungers were very relaxing both physically and mentally.

:mad: My TA just informed me that the spa and hydrotherapy pool is about $ 635 per person for our 30 day Hawaii/Tahiti trip next

Jan. 2011 Don't know about anyone else --- but that's pretty

pricey for very warm water. I think I will use that money

elsewhere. :rolleyes:

:mad: My TA just informed me that the spa and hydrotherapy pool is about $ 635 per person for our 30 day Hawaii/Tahiti trip next

Jan. 2011 Don't know about anyone else --- but that's pretty

pricey for very warm water. I think I will use that money

elsewhere. :rolleyes:

I've found that on board the price tends to go down - often dramatically over the pre-cruise published price..... I would wait too...!

I've found that on board the price tends to go down - often dramatically over the pre-cruise published price..... I would wait too...!

:)Thanks for the suggestion - I will check it out once on board. Also DH has heart issues -- so very warm/hot

water in the hot tub would probably not be good for him.:confused:

We had always been told that it must be purchased onboard, however on our last sailing on Eurodam I had read on here that it could be purchased prior to sailing. We purchased it via telephone with Ship Services as it was not listed online.

Once onboard we found that the onboard price was less than what we paid. When we inquired about this at the spa desk, we received onboard credit for the difference...so if you do purchase it via Ship Services be sure to check the price once you get onboard. :) :)

We had always been told that it must be purchased onboard, however on our last sailing on Eurodam I had read on here that it could be purchased prior to sailing. We purchased it via telephone with Ship Services as it was not listed online.

Once onboard we found that the onboard price was less than what we paid. When we inquired about this at the spa desk, we received onboard credit for the difference...so if you do purchase it via Ship Services be sure to check the price once you get onboard. :) :)

On the Nieuw Amsterdam rt Venice 9/24. Booked the Spa/Thermal Suite on the phone at $499 for two of us for 12 days. Ships Services said they could not guarantee we would be credited if cheaper on boarding day, because this is managed by a third-party, but when pressed she never heard of anyone being turned down who did ask for the credit. I will take my chances - didn't want to get shut out since we enjoyed it so much a couple years ago - however then we were Code Red all but four days, so we didn't get to use it nearly as much as I wanted to...

We also had one sailing where we paid for the week but it was broken the last day after we left Half Moon Cay. They credited us for that day on that sailing as well. The woman in charge of the spa tried to give us the run-around by saying that it wasn't their fault that it was broken, but we replied that it wasn't our fault either...and she quickly decided to credit us.

I paid $150 on Amsterdam on embarkation day for 21 days. it was the best deal offered. I think the hours closed at 9pm but I don't know when they opened - I'm not a morning person.

We were code red the last several days but the hydro tub was only closed I think the last 2 days. I did not get credit as the steam rooms, aromatherapy shower and thermal ceramic loungers were still available.

You can. There's just SO many variations in the system (single or couples, vista/sig or S/R class, length of cruise) that I think they just have you go through Ship Services to ensure the right item is selected.

Sailed on the 5/9 Veendam Bermuda crusie from NYC. As always once we embark a vessel we take our own self-guided tour. While touring the spa the attendent noticed we were interested in the thermal suite/hydropool.

Claimed the weekly passes were selling out quickly (only 20 available for this cruise and just 2 were left). Most likely this was a marketing ploy to create a sense of urgency on our part. Really did not matter..we were going to buy the weekly pass anyway. Felt $99 for the entire cruise was a good deal. Took advantage of the spa on a daily basis...never more than 4 people using it at any one time.

I paid $150 on Amsterdam on embarkation day for 21 days. it was the best deal offered. I think the hours closed at 9pm but I don't know when they opened - I'm not a morning person.

We were code red the last several days but the hydro tub was only closed I think the last 2 days. I did not get credit as the steam rooms, aromatherapy shower and thermal ceramic loungers were still available.

:confused: Pardon my ignorance but I thought a Code Red was a

medical emergency for ex. heart attack. Why would

a Code Red be in effect for more than a day ?? Thanks.

:confused: Pardon my ignorance but I thought a Code Red was a

medical emergency for ex. heart attack. Why would

a Code Red be in effect for more than a day ?? Thanks.

You're thinking of a 'Bright Star'. That is the term HAL uses for medical emergencies. Code Red is due to an outbreak of gastrointestinal illness. Sadly, when one has that it lasts several days.

In Sept. 2009 on Westerdam 7 day Alaska the weekly pass was $150 for single and $250 for a couple, this was the same price we paid in Dec. 2008 on Oosterdam 7 day Mex. Riv.. Has there been a price reduction?

On the Alaskan cruise they did run out of weekly passes, but they had daily passes available for $40 each day.

You're thinking of a 'Bright Star'. That is the term HAL uses for medical emergencies. Code Red is due to an outbreak of gastrointestinal illness. Sadly, when one has that it lasts several days.

:) Oh, thank you. The "terminology" is different from cruise line to cruise line, I see.

Archived