Behind the fun tour

we're going to try and book this tour when we get on the Spirit for our Alaskan cruise.:p:p

my question is does anyone know what time of day these tours run? I understand it can be a 4hour tour. we're thinking of scheduling spa time and dont want times to conflict.

if anyone has taken this tour and has info about times, please let us know.

My dad and I are going on the Fascination next Sat. He is 81 and we were thinking about the behind the fun tour. He is very mobile but is there any sitdown time on the tour. I might even need a break myself.

My dad and I are going on the Fascination next Sat. He is 81 and we were thinking about the behind the fun tour. He is very mobile but is there any sitdown time on the tour. I might even need a break myself.

On our tour, there was very little sitdown time, but about half way through, there was a bathroom break and a sit and chat session in the crew bar area. I am not sure if this is the same for all tours as they are all a bit different. While it is a long tour, the time flies by. It is SO interesting. And there is walking, but I did not feel as if there were really A LOT. There was a lot of time when you in one place listening. Book it and Enjoy. My mom had the tour on the Dream in November and then did it again with me on Pride on Feb and I think I will do it again on Spirit in July. It really is that amazing!

Any idea which day this takes place on the Destiny 5 day? There's only one sea day - first day out. I'm dying to book this tour...they used to offer the same thing "back in the day" at no charge the last time I sailed Carnival. It was facinating.

Happy Sails,

Annette

Since you will be walking in crew areas there will be many times that you will have to walk up steep stairs. Just to let you know.

It was the last sea day and it started at 9:00 a.m. we did a lot of walking and did have to go up/down some steep stairs.

I loved the tour and will do it again, especially if its on any other ship since I have never done this tour before and the Ecstasy was my first time.

DH just took this on the Elation in April. He loved it ! You will also get a free photo of your fellow tou rmembers with the Captain.

I could not go because of the stairs and all the walking. I'm 63--not too old--:D, but my 81 yr. old FIL could probably make it just fine.

DH said the engine room has alot of steps, but the rest is not a problem.

Pat

Behind the fun tour things to know

Closed toe shoes

Lots of walking/climbing

Think of questions you want answered cuz there is always Q&A's!

Leave the camera/videocamera/cell phone in the cabin

Book when you get on board as the spots disappear fast

Start times can vary so anywhere from 9, 930, and 10. Most will run two tours 30 minutes apart.

I went on the tour on the Glory and had a great time!!!

I have done the tour, and can vouch for the fact they start in the morning. Well worth it if you love ships like I do.

You may enjoy reading my tour review, which I wrote the day after the tour.

Salty Dingo,

Wow..that review was amazing. Now more than ever I am committed to taking this tour for hubbys 50 th Birthday on the Carnival Dream. :D

Behind the fun tour things to know

Closed toe shoes

Lots of walking/climbing

Think of questions you want answered cuz there is always Q&A's!

Leave the camera/videocamera/cell phone in the cabin

Book when you get on board as the spots disappear fast

Start times can vary so anywhere from 9, 930, and 10. Most will run two tours 30 minutes apart.

I went on the tour on the Glory and had a great time!!!

Misguidedangel,

Did you get a bag of goodies with your tour? ( I mean the bag, hat, wrist band, and carved soap?) I have heard this is what you get in addition to the photos and the Choc Strawberries in your cabin. Thanks for the info. I am doing this on the Carnival Dream for DH 50th birthday present. It is certainly not an everyday present!:p

Misguidedangel,

Did you get a bag of goodies with your tour? ( I mean the bag, hat, wrist band, and carved soap?) I have heard this is what you get in addition to the photos and the Choc Strawberries in your cabin. Thanks for the info. I am doing this on the Carnival Dream for DH 50th birthday present. It is certainly not an everyday present!:p

Hi,

When I took the tour on the Splendor we received all of the bag of goodies along with the strawberries. Was worth the price....

You can book this tour at the shore tour desk. I dropped off my bags and went down to book it. Was the last sea day at 9:00 am & 9:30 am.

Dream Goodies - You will notice I did not get the Carnival photo book like I did when sailing on the Valor. We also had to ASK to keep the lanyards after we removed the Behind the Fun Tour Passes. They actually collected them from us and put them in a bag. 3 people had taken the tour on other ships and made the comment about the fact that they had been given the lanyard as part of the souvenirs. The person running the tour finally pulled the lanyards back out of the bag and handed them back to everyone. We also spent a lot of time "sitting and waiting" for people to talk to us on this tour. We ended up sitting for nearly 30 minutes in the crew lounge waiting for the Chief Engineer to be available to give us the tour. We couldn't go anywhere else because we hadn't talked to him yet so they made us wait there. Lot's of hurry up and wait. :rolleyes: Thank goodness I had taken this on another ship or I would have been terribly disappointed.

DSCN1777.jpg

DSCN1775.jpg

So when and where do you book this tour - when you get on board (guest services?), or can you book in advance?

Book it at Guest Services as the first thing you do when you get on board. In our case (Fascination) they took our name down and said they'd do the actual booking the next morning to avoid state taxes. As promised, an envelope with the "excursion" tickets came under our door the next morning.

Misguidedangel,

On the Fantasy we were given a hat, lanyard, wrist band, photo with the Captain and a plate of snacks, included the strawberries, delivered to our cabins. Sorry, no bag or soap.

DH and I took this tour on the Destiny on our recent cruise (5/13/10).

It was at 9:00am on the last sea day and we were done by Noon. We toured the open crew deck, crew training room/lounge, backstage & dressing rooms, engine control room, food storage, crew mess & galley, main galley (My favorite part!!), laundry facilities (where can I get that towel folding machine??) and the bridge (standing out on the wing was probably DH's favorite part). After the tour we did receive a hat & lanyard. No soap, bag, or book. We had some desserts sent to our cabin, but no strawberries, and had the photo of our group w/ the captain waiting in our room that night after dinner. It was well worth the $$ and we will definitely do it when we sail on a different class. Our guide was wonderful and we were lucky to have all of our 'guest speakers' ready & available on time. It was fun to meet everyone, even bumped in to our asst waiter & room steward while below in the crew area. Walking through the liqour storage room was interesting (and tempting! lol), and tasting desserts in the galley, freshly made by the pastry chef, was worth the $$ alone. :) Only one point had 3 flights of steep stairs at one time, and we went slow. It was a comfortable tour, I would recommend it for anyone.

Archived