Anyone live from Explorer of the Seas?

Is anyone out there currently on the May 22nd sailing to Bermuda? My elderly inlaws are on the ship and the weather forecast in Bermuda has issued gale warnings for Monday and Tuesday along with rain. I am worried about rough seas as one of them suffers from Meniers disease.

We just got off the Explorer of the Seas. The ocean was like a sheet of glass. I have never seen it like that. At times we could see fish below the surface. Ate dinner with the Captain Thursday night and he has rarely seen an ocean so flat. Hope it stays that way for you. Jerry:D

We just got off the Explorer of the Seas. The ocean was like a sheet of glass. I have never seen it like that. At times we could see fish below the surface. Ate dinner with the Captain Thursday night and he has rarely seen an ocean so flat. Hope it stays that way for you. Jerry:D

Hi Jerry,

I saw the Captain's dinner table on Thursday because we were sitting right at the railing. Meg was at that table too. Wow, the ocean was unbelievable, wasn't it? It was kind of erie looking.........like the calm before the storm! It was more like sailing on a lake than the ocean! LOL

Patty

Hi Jerry,

I saw the Captain's dinner table on Thursday because we were sitting right at the railing. Meg was at that table too. Wow, the ocean was unbelievable, wasn't it? It was kind of erie looking.........like the calm before the storm! It was more like sailing on a lake than the ocean! LOL

Patty

Meg was at the first Captain's table. We were at the second. :)

Tony,

Your right, it wasn't Thursday that I saw her because Thursday was the formal night and we did not sit by the railing that night........LOL She was at the first one.

I'm glad I got to meet you and your wife even if it was on the last night of the cruise.......LOL

Patty

Tony,

Your right, it wasn't Thursday that I saw her because Thursday was the formal night and we did not sit by the railing that night........LOL She was at the first one.

I'm glad I got to meet you and your wife even if it was on the last night of the cruise.......LOL

Patty

Better late than never. Let's not forget about that pizza date. ;)

My daughter and her boyfriend and some other friends are also on this cruise. She wasnt happy when she checked the weather report before she left. I guess it hasnt changed. :cool: Im sure she will email or text me when they get to Bermuda..If I hear anything I will post.

My daughter and her boyfriend and some other friends are also on this cruise. She wasnt happy when she checked the weather report before she left. I guess it hasnt changed. :cool: Im sure she will email or text me when they get to Bermuda..If I hear anything I will post.

This past cruise we had excellent weather the entire trip. Some of the smoothest seas we have ever seen. Only rain we saw was yesterday morning returning to Bayonne. We were very fortunate.

Sounds like the Explorer will be getting some pretty contrasting sailings in then. Anyone have any pictures of those smooth seas?

I'm not good at posting pictures but I'll see if I can get someone to post some on the Explorer thread. The ocean was unbelievable!!!

Patty

Tony,

Patty

Hey Patty!

Well my bright spot in the day was driving over to the other side of the beltway and visiting my grandbaby!!! Seeing her smile and just looking at me with her beautiful eyes made the last nine days seem like a blurr....lol

Didn't sleep much last night either. Our lab has congestive heart failure and is on more meds than my mom who lives with us and has chf and lung crap and on oxygen. The weather change makes him cough even more than normal poor fellow so I was up and down with him holding him and making him feel comfortable. Never dull!

Sounds like the Explorer will be getting some pretty contrasting sailings in then. Anyone have any pictures of those smooth seas?

OK......Suzanne posted a photo and you can see it on the All Things Explorer thread.

Patty

Hey Patty!

Well my bright spot in the day was driving over to the other side of the beltway and visiting my grandbaby!!! Seeing her smile and just looking at me with her beautiful eyes made the last nine days seem like a blurr....lol

Didn't sleep much last night either. Our lab has congestive heart failure and is on more meds than my mom who lives with us and has chf and lung crap and on oxygen. The weather change makes him cough even more than normal poor fellow so I was up and down with him holding him and making him feel comfortable. Never dull!

LOL............those little ones can make you forget about anything!! But you still better follow up and write them a letter too!! Hope your dog is better. We went over our son's yesterday because he just got a new puppy.

Patty

dang tony, you didn't tell me THAT!!!:mad::D HAHAH!!! (jk)

@DEI....i posted some on my FB page.......

http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=16319&id=100000443747332&ref=mf

that blue photo pf ocean and sky is 100% UNedited!

and, i wish i was still on the ship reporting about the seas/weather.....although I am not sure we had enough Bonine if the seas are really bumpy...guess we could blame it on the new Captain??? LOLOLOL!!!

A non-tropical low pressure system centered about 500 miles to our south-southwest will move slowly north-northwest and has some potential to acquire subtropical or tropical characteristics during the next couple of days. This will bring strong to gale force winds, rain, and possibly thunder.

www.weather.bm

I just heard from my daughter who said it is overcast and raining and ugly. She is staying on the ship. This is her fourth time to Bermuda and each time the weather has been perfect. I tihnk she is kind of shocked it isnt beautiful and sunny and perfect. A couple of her friends are still going to go to the beach and play frisbee.

Otherwise she is having a wonderful time!!!

So, my darling daughter is funny. She decided they would at least stroll Kings Wharf, pick up Rum cake, and look around, since her BF has never been to Bermuda. They got off the ship....and turned around and got back on. Too much wind and rain! Other than that, she said it was a little rocky getting there, but not a big deal at all.

Update!!! (sorry, I feel compelled, its almost like doing my live, lol)

Just in from DD, she said all of a sudden it got "gorgeous looking from inside the ship", and looks beautiful out, so they are heading off the ship while the weather permits!! Not too bad!

Archived