Adventure of the Seas - few questions

Considering Adventure of the Seas for Sept. 18 sailing out of Malaga, Spain. We have never sailed on RCL before but have sailed Princess cruises many times. I had a few specific questions if anyone could answer I'd greatly appreciate it!

1. Is there a daily charge for roomservice/tips like there is with Princess? We usually paid $10.50/day per person that was charged to our starboard account at the end of the cruise - will we expect something similar?

2. Is there a place to get speciality coffees and do they charge, and if charged is there a coffee card to purchase like there is with Princess?

3. Does Adventure of the Seas have a place to get burgers, fries and pizza without charge? i understand there is a charge for johnny rockets, but is there another place to get burgers without charge?

4. Does anyone know what the room service menu consists of and is there a charge or do you just tip a few bucks?

5. Anything else that we should know in comparison to what we are used to with Princess?

Thanks so much!

Considering Adventure of the Seas for Sept. 18 sailing out of Malaga, Spain. We have never sailed on RCL before but have sailed Princess cruises many times. I had a few specific questions if anyone could answer I'd greatly appreciate it!

1. Is there a daily charge for roomservice/tips like there is with Princess? We usually paid $10.50/day per person that was charged to our starboard account at the end of the cruise - will we expect something similar?

The RECOMMENDED tip for your room steward is $3.50/day per person. It is normally paid on the last night of the cruise. You can hand it to them in cash or have it added to your Sea Pass account.

2. Is there a place to get speciality coffees and do they charge, and if charged is there a coffee card to purchase like there is with Princess?

The Café Promenade serves specialty coffees. There is a charge but I don't know what it is. Those will be charged to your Sea Pass also.

3. Does Adventure of the Seas have a place to get burgers, fries and pizza without charge? i understand there is a charge for johnny rockets, but is there another place to get burgers without charge?

The Café Promenade also has pizza, sandwiches, salads and desserts free of charge. I dont' think they have burgers and fries. You can usually get burgers and fries at the Windjammer when they are open.

4. Does anyone know what the room service menu consists of and is there a charge or do you just tip a few bucks?

The room service menu is not huge but there is a decent selection. Room service is free except late at night (not sure of the hours) when there is a nominal ($4 or $5) charge. Tipping is up to you but a couple bucks, depending on the size of the order, is generally what is done.

5. Anything else that we should know in comparison to what we are used to with Princess?

I've never been on Princess so I can't compare. Adventure is a beautiful ship. The Royal Promenade is a great place to hang out. They will have two parades during the cruise. Try to watch. It's a great experience on a cruise ship. Another "do not miss" is the ice show.

Thanks so much!

Enjoy your cruise!

To me, the two great attreactions of the five Voyager Class ships are the Royal Promenade (including the Promenade Cafe) and the ice shows. What ever you do, don't miss the ice shows! (you can't miss the Royal Promenade)

The tips are not charged daily...on RCI, the suggested tips work out to be $9.75 pp pd...you can choose to tip in cash at the end of the cruise, or have it added to your ship's account...that's your choice. If you decide to do My Time Dining, you will have to pre-pay the tips when you book that....and it will include the tip for your stateroom attendant, as well.

Archived