drinking on the islands

quickmatch

I am going on my first cruise in june. I was wondering my one of the guys going with us is 20. I know he is allowed to drink in say mexico at 18. Just wondering if there would be any problem with him getting back on the boat saying he is a little tipsy? Tried to search but couldnt find much.

He can drink on all islands and the crew won't care UNLESS someone comes on board drunk and causes problems on the ship. Then there could be problems, and if it gets out of hand, they can throw anyone off the ship.

As long as he doesn't get too plastered to conduct himself with a little restraint he'll be able to reboard fine. If he's passing out drunk or a loud rowdy drunk don't be surprised if they leave him at the pier.

He can drink on all islands and the crew won't care UNLESS someone comes on board drunk and causes problems on the ship. Then there could be problems, and if it gets out of hand, they can throw anyone off the ship.

Or just simply refuse to allow him to board.

They will let you board the ship drunk. The only problem would be if you decided to make a scene with security while boarding and you were drunk and unreasonable. They have seen it all before including tipsy pax and ship defined underage pax who are three sheets to the wind.

In Mexico if you are able to order the drink and pay for it, then you are old enough to drink it. They don't check ages.

He's legal; it's fine. Use the opportunity to teach him restraint.

Last cruise a kid got so drunk he passed out. The pier personnel brought this unconscious young adult to the dockside, next to the ship via golf cart b/c his lovely friends had abandoned him. Most of them were too drunk to know what they were doing but they were not in as bad of shape as this kid. The ship's doctor had to come out to get him. Just as the poor doctor got there, the kid leaned over & threw up. At least he was alive.

Without violating the poor dear's privacy, the next day I asked an officer if the kid was still alive. He assured me that he was but that he was probably wishing he wasn't. :rolleyes:

Archived