How long of a cruise do you enjoy?

basedow

Thanks, Wendy!

I recommend Weight Watchers -- so simple, sensible, and can accomodate real life like cruises, etc. :D And NO, I don't work for them, or receive any commissions!

And yep, I'm with you on the pre/post stays. A must (and generally, they're too short due to budget/work issues)! :cool:

good question....I love all of them and have never been disappointed. Seven day are waaaaaay too short and unlikely we'll do any of those again.

Our favorites have been long ones from 60 day SoAmerica to our 4 month WC's. Those really are the life! For quicker get aways 14 day cruises work well too. Being retired can definitely have pluses but I remember the days all so well between raising kids and being self employed where vacation time was hard to come by.

When I first started cruising, I'd do 7-dayers and was amazed at the people who said that was too short. Surely one would eventually get tired of it? Then I did a 15-day, and started to get it. Then I did a 72-day, and discovered that I wanted more. Every day, my bed made, my "home" cleaned, and fresh towels and sheets. All my meals made for me, and pretty much anything I wanted put in my hands moments after developing the want. All by some of the loveliest people you can imagine. And, best of all, each day coming to a new and different place to explore. What's not to love?

I have only been on two cruises, and both were for four days. Four days is MUCH to short. I'm going on a 7 day in August, and I'm very excited. For cruises less than a week, there are little to no choices for excursions, and you will find yourself missing being at sea.

Just got off the Voyager Iceland to Southampton 10 day cruise with three post-cruise days in London. I could of easily done another five but those five extra days would have to be sea days. We were off the ship on tour buses every day and it was exhausting but for the most part enjoyable. Lesson learned from this cruise is if you port at a place like Dublin just get off the boat and do your our own thing. Daughter and and I did the Dublin highlights tour and it was so rushed that I don't think she got a flavor of Dublin at all. I regret not taking her myself since I've visited in the past and know the city. There is so much more to Dublin then a short stop at St. Patrick's and Trinity College. Couldn't see myself sailing more then say 18 days because I would miss home too much. Absolutely loved the Voyager and appreciated the small things like real flowers in all the public areas and also a woman at our table forgot her reading glasses and the waiter came over with a wooden box (like a tea box) with a selection of reading glasses she could chose from. Nice touch....

2 weeks is it for me. Anything longer than that and I miss family, friends and home.

I gained exactly 1.8 lbs. on my last 2 week cruise too! Always, always, always take the stairs. It really helps! I ate everything I wanted. And I mean everything but being active really helps.

Archived