help needed on crowding on indy

Not on any Radiance class ship I have ever been on! I will take a full ship of 2100 pax over 3500+ or that awful monstrosity Oasis (6500+) any day! It also helps that there are not 2000 children on board.

That is fine. I write from my experiences and you write from yours.

This is part of what is great about RCI. The various classes of ships are different enough so that the cruise line can accommodate people with a wide range of cruising interests and needs. One just has to find the class of ship that works for him/her.

Yeah, there is nothing quite like that bottleneck of people shuffling out of the theatre after a show trying squeeze through the shopping area on a Radiance class ship. Or, for that matter, people trying to get into a pool which is much too small for the number of people those ships carry.

Not on any Radiance class ship I have ever been on! I will take a full ship of 2100 pax over 3500+ or that awful monstrosity Oasis (6500+) any day! It also helps that there are not 2000 children on board.

See? It's all perspective.

I would tell Ocean Boy that there are elevators and stairs RIGHT THERE where you come out of the theatre. Granted, there is no "Promenade", but you get to see the ocean on the Radiance Class.

And as for the pool, someone should have told you there is another pool (Solarium) that is Wonderful, and never crowded.

I would agree with Bronco, but correct his/her numbers. The Radiance Class when full is about 2400 pax, but never was crowded anywhere - even at the pool.

And when we were on the Mariner, it was 3260, and the Freedom was 3650. The Dining Room and Windjammer were crowded (compared to the Radiance and Millie Class Ships) everytime we were there. In the Dining Room, the tables were placed so close together you couldn't walk between them without bumping into people and chairs.

To the OP, I would say again, it is all perspective. If you have been on the smaller, less crowded ships like the Radiance Class, the Millie Class w/Celebrity (which is even less crowded -2100 pax to 90k gross tons) then the Indy will definitely seem crowded in comparison.

If the Explorer is your only comparison, then you wouldn't know the difference. Actually, when we were on the Mariner, it was even more crowded than the Freedom.

If that did not seem crowded to you, then the Indy probably won't.

Hope This Helps.

See? It's all perspective.

I would tell Ocean Boy that there are elevators and stairs RIGHT THERE where you come out of the theatre. Granted, there is no "Promenade", but you get to see the ocean on the Radiance Class.

And as for the pool, someone should have told you there is another pool (Solarium) that is Wonderful, and never crowded.

I would agree with Bronco, but correct his/her numbers. The Radiance Class when full is about 2400 pax, but never was crowded anywhere - even at the pool.

And when we were on the Mariner, it was 3260, and the Freedom was 3650. The Dining Room and Windjammer were crowded (compared to the Radiance and Millie Class Ships) everytime we were there. In the Dining Room, the tables were placed so close together you couldn't walk between them without bumping into people and chairs.

To the OP, I would say again, it is all perspective. If you have been on the smaller, less crowded ships like the Radiance Class, the Millie Class w/Celebrity (which is even less crowded -2100 pax to 90k gross tons) then the Indy will definitely seem crowded in comparison.

If the Explorer is your only comparison, then you wouldn't know the difference. Actually, when we were on the Mariner, it was even more crowded than the Freedom.

If that did not seem crowded to you, then the Indy probably won't.

Hope This Helps.

No need to tell me about either elevators or solariums. I am well aware of them. The elevators are packed and many people prefer to be outside instead of inside the solarium. Once again, I wrote my remarks based on my experiences. I stand by them. Your experences my have been completely different.

I think everyone will agree the most crowded the ship will feel is right after the Muster Drill...:eek:..Thank goodness for at least not having to bring your lifejacket's anymore...;)

We were on the Indy in December and had a fabulous time. I never felt crowded and found it easy to find seats for shows, dinner, etc. We loved the promenade and spent many nights having a drink and meeting other cruisers. It was my parents first cruise (@ 60) and neither ever mentionned any feelings of discomfort or crowding. I anticipate they will be joining us on another cruise in the future. I have no complaints regarding the Indy. If I didn't have the Allure bug, we would book the Indy again without hesitation.

Archived