Should I do New Year's on Princess?

Prof96

I am relatively new to cruising (love Princess) and am trying to choose between the 12-28-10 9-day on the Crown and the 1-2-11 7-day on the CB. Both are southern caribbean itineraries. I have been reading your knowledgeable posts for months and wondered if anyone thought the New Year's experience is worth the extra cost. On my January 2010 cruise the staff told me what a horrible group of passengers they had over New Years! Thanks!

Princess: 2 and counting

RCCL: 1 and holding

We have been on Princess cruises over xmas and new year the past 3 years and have booked another for this year. We have loved these cruises and its so nice to get some warmth when the UK is freezing!

Not sure what you were referring to saying "staff told me what a horrible group of passengers they had over New Years!" We have met all sorts on the cruises we've done and you will find some lovely folk and some not so nice on ANY cruise - and in everyday life for that matter.

I can't believe that all of the passengers were horrible - there must have been some nice ones!! Comments like these shouldn't put you off - we have had a few truly dreadful waiters on a couple of our cruises, but this wouldn't put us off going to the dining room or even put us off cruising!

There are usually more children on the xmas / new year cruises, but if this doesn't bother you, then go for it. The ships are decked out really lovely and its a great way to see in a new year.

Yes, they have great New Year's parties aboard ship. We had a great time on the Dawn Princess a couple of years ago. And hey, you don't have to drive home after the party!

Here's a short vid taken at midnight...

New Year's Eve - 12-31-2007

I've done 2 Christmas cruises in the past 4 years. A lot of fun and the holiday spirit is alive onboard. I would like to do a Christmas/New Years sailing. Imagine it's a lot of fun and I don't have to drive home after the party. Only find my cabin.

I am relatively new to cruising (love Princess) and am trying to choose between the 12-28-10 9-day on the Crown and the 1-2-11 7-day on the CB. Both are southern caribbean itineraries. I have been reading your knowledgeable posts for months and wondered if anyone thought the New Year's experience is worth the extra cost. On my January 2010 cruise the staff told me what a horrible group of passengers they had over New Years! Thanks!

Princess: 2 and counting

RCCL: 1 and holding

we sailed last new years on the new ruby princess for new years and it was great.. not many kids on the new years ... but a lot on the christmas cruise. we had a great time and only ran in to a few negative people.. dont know why they cant just stay home if all they want to do is complain. I think the great servers and cabin stewards were sad that so many people took their tips off their bill ,, they said that over 1500 passengers did not tip on the christmas cruise. i guess they thought these hard working people did not need money for their families for christmas. i think it should not be allowed to take your tip off your bill... these people make almost nothing . i think the cruise line pays them $150 a MONTH.. they really depend on their tips.. so anyway have a great time on new years.. cruising sally

Archived