Transportation from FLL to Blue Lagoon Hampton

Cecilia V.

Hello. We are flying into Fort Lauderdale and staying at the Blue Lagoon Hampton near MIA for the night before our cruise.

I had planned to book SAS to get us from Fort Lauderdale to the hotel. Now, I read that SAS only goes to certain Miami locations.

Does anyone know if SAS will pick us up at the Fort Lauderdale airport and transport us to the Hampton? If not, another suggestion of how to get to our hotel?

Thank you!

Oh, I do plan to email SAS and ask. I just thought someone might know the answer before I get to it.

Also, I wanted to put it out there in case anyone has a suggestion for a better way for us to get to our hotel. I believe that the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon has a free shuttle from MIA but not from FLL. Perhaps someone has an idea I haven't thought of?

Thank you!

You could probably have them drop you off at the Miami Airport and then use the hotel shuttle from the airport. We stayed at Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon in March which is by the Hampton Inn. There is not much in the area. We rented a car to explore Miami on our own the day we arrived. You can rent at the FLL airport and return it to the MIA airport. Taxi to the port from MIA would be around $30.

Unless you are meeting others at the Hampton Inn there are more convenient hotel choices between FLL and POM.:confused: Blue Lagoon area hotels are handy if you are flying into MIA, not FLL. I'd stay in Fort Lauderdale and then use SAS for transportation to POM.

If that is where you need to be it may be easier for you to rent a car one way from FLL to MIA. Good luck!:)

Darn, I've booked a non-refundable hotel room, so I'm stuck. Really would prefer not to deal with renting a car. But, I called the hotel and they said a cab would cost $85 from FLL!!!

So, sorry if I'm being dense--does that mean that SAS would NOT bring us to the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon? If not, does anyone know of another shuttle service that will?

You could probably have them drop you off at the Miami Airport and then use the hotel shuttle from the airport. We stayed at Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon in March which is by the Hampton Inn. There is not much in the area. We rented a car to explore Miami on our own the day we arrived. You can rent at the FLL airport and return it to the MIA airport. Taxi to the port from MIA would be around $30.

SAS does not service MIA. Maybe you could take the Supershuttle from FLL to MIA. If they run that route it would be less than $85. Than take the Hampton free shuttle if they have one.

Archived