Pacific Dawn Video - Episode 4 of the Refurb.

P&O CRUISES HAS REVEALED DETAILS OF THE LATEST

plans for overhauls to Pacific Dawn which will

commence shortly during her week drydock

in Brisbane.

According to the cruise line Dawn is set to

get her very own Salt Grill restaurant by

celebrity chef Luke Mangan which launched

on Pacific Jewel earlier in the year.

Dawn’s Grill menu, according to Carnival

Australia’s vice president of hotel operations,

Sture Myrmell, will be similar to its Jewel

incarnation and will include many patron

favourites such as the renowned liquorice

parfait with lime syrup and the crab omelette.

Passengers will also be able to view the

chefs in action via the restaurant’s open

kitchen design, so that if they choose they

can watch as their dishes are cooked.

When she emerges from drydock on 29

May, Dawn will also have undergone a total

makeover of her main dining room, The

Palm Court, which will feature new

contemporary-styled furniture, carpets,

curtains, paint and artwork.

Dawn will also mirror Jewel by having her

very own Oasis child free retreat including

plush sun lounges on deck ten, as well a

complete revamp of her Spa.

Speaking to Cruise Weekly on Dawn’s

imminent dry-dock overhaul, Carnival

Australia ceo Ann Sherry said “it is just

another example of how we are constantly

seeking to improve the quality of our product

to encourage past passengers to cruise with

us again and for newcomers to cruising to

experience what we have to offer.”

Source Cruise weekly

Not sure if this has happened already, but there was plans to reduce the depth of the stage. Add some more rows of seats at the front and build a bar at the back of the stalls. Naturally having to remove some rows of seats from the back to enable them to do this.

Well she left on her 3 dayer just after 6 pm. Three hours late in this morning due to the fog over Brisbane. :cool: DH reports that she had to go round in a circle, then started on another circle before being allowed in to port.

Oh, I am finally starting to get excited about our cruise! :D:D:D

Well she left on her 3 dayer just after 6 pm. Three hours late in this morning due to the fog over Brisbane. :cool: DH reports that she had to go round in a circle, then started on another circle before being allowed in to port.

Oh, I am finally starting to get excited about our cruise! :D

I wish i only had 30 days to go:( Sandy did you notice a certain someone is also supposedly going on that cruise as well :rolleyes: Its like a piece of discarded chewing gum that gets stuck to your shoe. No matter how much you try and scrape it off its still there....or should i say `imaginary` chewing gum :p

I wish i only had 30 days to go:( Sandy did you notice a certain someone is also supposedly going on that cruise as well :rolleyes: Its like a piece of discarded chewing gum that gets stuck to your shoe. No matter how much you try and scrape it off its still there....or should i say `imaginary` chewing gum :p

Wow, Jas, I love the way you put that! :D The supreme stalker obviously can't stay away from me HAHAHA! LOL. I wonder if his wife knows what he's up to all the time! :cool::rolleyes:

It WILL be nice to get away again, only this cruise will definitely not be long enough. Still, better than nothing, eh?

Wow, Jas, I love the way you put that! :D The supreme stalker obviously can't stay away from me HAHAHA! LOL. I wonder if his wife knows what he's up to all the time! :cool::rolleyes:

It WILL be nice to get away again, only this cruise will definitely not be long enough. Still, better than nothing, eh?

Dont tell me its married. Poor thing, did she lose a bet? :p

Left Pinkenba at 8.30 and on her way to Cairncross now. (The Bill is a bit slow tonight LOL) :cool:

haha Sandy you are too cute, although i must say `get a room` :p Oh hang on a minute you will be getting a cabin in 27 days, is that the same? Sooooooooooo jealous :)

haha Sandy you are too cute, although i must say `get a room` :p Oh hang on a minute you will be getting a cabin in 27 days, is that the same? Sooooooooooo jealous :)

Do you mean you are telling me to 'get a life, Jas? :D:D:D

Is it ooooonly 27 days? I forgot to look at my countdowns today!

Seriously, though I must be excited - so much to do, but I can't get started!

Hi I see you are going on the pacific dawn on the 12th as June. I am going on the same cruise. I have never been on the dawn before but it will be interesting to see what the ship looks like as a cruising buddy of mine went on the dawn in March. When I asked her what she thought she said that it was not any more nicer than the pacific sun. She discribed the ship as beautiful from the outside.

Hi I see you are going on the pacific dawn on the 12th as June. I am going on the same cruise. I have never been on the dawn before but it will be interesting to see what the ship looks like as a cruising buddy of mine went on the dawn in March. When I asked her what she thought she said that it was not any more nicer than the pacific sun. She discribed the ship as beautiful from the outside.

Hi Starlight,

We went in Feb and it is a nice roomy ship, but a bit tired looking, which will be addressed in the present refurb. I haven't been on the PSun, but a lot of people love the atmosphere and deck space on it. The most complaints I've heard about the Sun are the horrible green colour somewhere, sea horse decorations and the fact that on the dining deck you cannot walk straight through but have to go up or downstairs to get from one end to the other.

You aren't confusing it with the Sun Princess, which is much newer, are you?

Anyway we absolutely loved the Dawn - crew was fantastic, as were the shows and food.

By the way there is a roll call here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1116165

Another photo of Pacific Dawn in drydock, this time from the new Gateway Bridge which was officially opened today with 120,000 Brisbanites taking the rare chance to walk the 1.6km bridge over the Brisbane River.

2662785300078909071S600x600Q85.jpg

Good one, Skyrules. I'm afraid I chickened out on the bridge walk! Not a walk, but a climb as far as I'm concerned. :eek:

Wonder what they were doing to her today! :confused:

Actually it was quite an easy walk. It's the same slope as the old Gateway - and we commented that it felt a lot steeper when you drive. We walked over and back from the northside - without a problem. A sausage and a coffee on the south side saw us right to go for the walk back.

Another photo of Pacific Dawn in drydock, this time from the new Gateway Bridge which was officially opened today with 120,000 Brisbanites taking the rare chance to walk the 1.6km bridge over the Brisbane River.

2662785300078909071S600x600Q85.jpg

That looks like a prison cell, looking out to the outside.

Can you walk over this bridge once it is opened, I would have loved to have come down to Brisbane today to do it, but had more important things on, talkiing out eldest daughter to orientation for high school next year.

That looks like a prison cell, looking out to the outside.

Can you walk over this bridge once it is opened, I would have loved to have come down to Brisbane today to do it, but had more important things on, talkiing out eldest daughter to orientation for high school next year.

Yes the new (southern) bridge has a walkway/cyleway on the southern side - according to the sign it will open in late June. Today it was being used by golf cart type buggies.

Thanks for posting the link AM1984. I read on FB today that a passenger from the last cruise said a photographer stayed on board to take photos and make a documentary. Good to know it's true and we'll be able to see what they are doing. :)

Actually it was quite an easy walk. It's the same slope as the old Gateway - and we commented that it felt a lot steeper when you drive. We walked over and back from the northside - without a problem. A sausage and a coffee on the south side saw us right to go for the walk back.

I bet tomorrow I will regret I didn't do it! :( Three members of our choir car pool were doing it, and I can just imagine them telling us all about it on the way over tomorrow night! :rolleyes:

Archived