Pacific Dawn Video - Episode 4 of the Refurb.

It's good that they are putting photos and videos on their Facebook and Twitter site every day. Can hardly wait to see it all in the flesh! :)

Just over 3 weeks to go - they will have had the shakedown cruise and one more to get it just right for us~! :D

what date are you on it sherri? we're booked in for the 18th of september :)

I might wave to you as you disembark.:)

we are on the cruise to Far north Qld, starting 25th September, so i think that will be the one right after you!

I am really looking forward to it, but I have just been hypserventilating. I noticed that on the website where I booked our cruise tickets, there are now T class cabins(porthole, bunk beds) on sale for $969, which, let me tell you, is $200 cheaper than what we are paying for inside cabins. :-(

Plus the crowning insult. Our cabins are the same price but with $250 OBC instead of the $150 we will get.

I booked for 3 couples, I just hope the other two don't get to hear of this, it doesn't say much for my skills to sniff out a bargain, does it.

I just hope all this refurbishment makes the ship really snazzy anyway, so i don't feel too bad because I am kicking myself at the moment for being impatient and booking early.

Huh???.

We used our cruise card to open cabin door two years ago on p/dawn

From memory it was the same on P/sun in 2005.

Are you sure you have been aboard?

We were on the Pacific Dawn in April last year (Plaza 141) & had a seperate cabin key card from our cruise card. We collected our cruise card on shore & our room key card was in our cabin when we got on board.

Huh???.

We used our cruise card to open cabin door two years ago on p/dawn

From memory it was the same on P/sun in 2005.

Are you sure you have been aboard?

Were you in suite/mini suite on Pacific Dawn? They may be different - but the standard cabins on Pacifc Dawn and Pacific Sun and Pacific Jewel have seperate room keys - the same size and shape as the cruise card, with holes punched into it which provide the "code" to open the lock.

Dawn Princess (and presumably Sun Princess) has the combined cabin key/cruise card.

Were you in suite/mini suite on Pacific Dawn? They may be different - but the standard cabins on Pacifc Dawn and Pacific Sun and Pacific Jewel have seperate room keys - the same size and shape as the cruise card, with holes punched into it which provide the "code" to open the lock.

Dawn Princess (and presumably Sun Princess) has the combined cabin key/cruise card.

We were in mini suite on Dawn, I got confused with Pacific Princess, which am sure was combined cruise card and door entry.

We were in mini suite on Dawn, I got confused with Pacific Princess, which am sure was combined cruise card and door entry.

Yeah, Pacific Princess probably did.. I know Dawn Princess did, and I had the same problem with it, as I have with hotel swipe card keys!! I always seem to have trouble getting them to work for me :p

I may have to apologise Thied, when you said, card, I thought you meant opposed to a key. I havn"t used a key on a ship since Fair Princess in 2000.

Last time we used a proper key was on Pacific Sky.

Hi Guys

Episode 3 is up on Twitter!!

Thats awesome about the cruise card now being your room key..as I am going through a stage of losing things regularly (wallet, keys!) I only have 1 important to worry about! lol

http://pacificdawn.pocruises.com.au/index.php/2010/05/24/pacific-dawn-dry-dock-admin-and-food-beverage-episode-3/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PacificDawnShipBlog+%28Pacific+Dawn+Ship+Blog%29&utm_content=Twitter

Hi Guys

Episode 3 is up on Twitter!!

Thats awesome about the cruise card now being your room key..as I am going through a stage of losing things regularly (wallet, keys!) I only have 1 important to worry about! lol

It's great seeing what they're doing, isn't it? My last key was cracked and I kept getting it stuck!

I just hope they don't take away the 'Ding machine'! Gotta love that Ding!!!! Ooohhhh, I can hear it now! :D

I just hope they don't take away the 'Ding machine'! Gotta love that Ding!!!! Ooohhhh, I can hear it now! :D

Ahh yes the ding ..I read your post and it all came back to me ..standing in line dinging away in my head in time with each person slotting the card in the security box .. Its amazing what memories a sound can produce!

It's great seeing what they're doing, isn't it? My last key was cracked and I kept getting it stuck!

They don't have a 'ding machine' on Pacific Jewel and it was really strange not to be 'dinged' on and off the ship.

And so is your cruise...:D:D

Sure is, Karon. :) We'll have to get the cases out soon.

I ran into one of the girls from the M & G on our last NZ cruise today and she said she'd love to go to NZ again. (She's from there). I told her that we are going again and the details etc. She left the cafe to phone the TA, so I might see her countdown on here soon. (Don't know what her DH will say!) :D

A few more pics from Pacific Dawn Dry dock from P&O Australia facebook page:

"There are loads of these signs all over the ship."

30673_428416491186_121528936186_5834628_1386011_n.jpg

"It's not only the ship that's getting a spruce up!"

30673_428416506186_121528936186_5834629_2077393_n.jpg

"There was a hive of media activity down on the dockside when P&O announced its partnership with the charity, Lifeline. Here is Channel 9 Brisbane interviewing Captain Box."

30673_428859231186_121528936186_5846758_6809295_n.jpg

"Here are some of our guys being photographed by the Courier Mail in Brisbane. They are helping to carry some of the chairs that are being donated to Lifeline. Check them out on page 5, Tues 25th May edition."

30673_428859241186_121528936186_5846759_4903651_n.jpg

"The painting of the hull is a huge job. Here's the rudder looking all shiny and fresh.

We've used a special "slippy" paint that reduces drag through the water and therefore, uses much less fuel. Much better for the environment!"

30673_429347371186_121528936186_5857671_3669691_n.jpg

"It's not only the hull that's getting a fresh paint job!"

30673_429347381186_121528936186_5857672_6047302_n.jpg

Archived