What do teenage boys typically wear in the dining room?

Jeafl

GB, just because they won't throw you out of the MDR for wearing them doesn't mean that shorts are "acceptable." No one gets thrown in jail for cursing in public either, but that doesn't mean it's acceptable behavior.

And you are almost certain to be sent away if you try to get into the MDR on formal night in shorts (or even jeans).

I'm afraid you are reinforcing the unfortunate perception that most young men are slobs who don't give a rat's hair about anybody but themselves.

Memo to all the ladies, especially young ones: men will stop dressing like slobs (backward ball caps, untucked shirts, uncombed hair, etc.) when you insist that they stop - and not before then.

Carnival says shorts are acceptable in the MDR on their ships on non-cruise elegant nights. From the number of people wearing them on my last Freedom cruise, I would say the majority of Carnival Cruisers feel the same way.

Silverado, I do believe on my Carnival cruise, they had a formal night. It might of had to do with the Captain, but it was still a formal night. :)

If you have sailed in the last 2 years,then it was not Formal.It was fully eliminated fleetwide 2 years ago.

They now have an elegant night,where a pair of dress pants and a dress shirt is now the minimum suggested for a male.

Steve

well for one thing, I do not wear shorts on elegant night, it's dress pants, shirt and tie.. but all the other nights I will be wearing dress shorts and a polo shirt...

I dress up for Church every Sunday... so I know how to dress for the event. and to me dining in the MDR is not a big elegant place.. with the wait staff dancing on the tables.. wearing light flashing glasses and throwing napkins everywhere... if you want to dress in a suit and tie everynight then I say go for it.. but i'm on vacation and I will dress the way Carnival says I can.. which is dress shorts on non-elegant nights..

what is the hang up that people have about the way others dress ?

if I go into the MDR and someone is in a suit or in shorts and shirt...

I think the same thing... ( boy that plate of food looks good ) :D

GB, just because they won't throw you out of the MDR for wearing them doesn't mean that shorts are "acceptable." No one gets thrown in jail for cursing in public either, but that doesn't mean it's acceptable behavior.

And you are almost certain to be sent away if you try to get into the MDR on formal night in shorts (or even jeans).

I'm afraid you are reinforcing the unfortunate perception that most young men are slobs who don't give a rat's hair about anybody but themselves.

Memo to all the ladies, especially young ones: men will stop dressing like slobs (backward ball caps, untucked shirts, uncombed hair, etc.) when you insist that they stop - and not before then.

I don't think getting sloppy drunk is "acceptable" but thousands do it on the cruise ships evey day.. so since I don't think it's "acceptable" does that mean they should stop doing it ??? NO... I just do my own thing and let the drinkers do their on thing and have fun, and I will wear shorts in the MDR and I will have my fun.

If you have sailed in the last 2 years,then it was not Formal.It was fully eliminated fleetwide 2 years ago.

They now have an elegant night,where a pair of dress pants and a dress shirt is now the minimum suggested for a male.

Oh, my bad! :D

Oh yes they do in California. If you use offensive words in a public place that will likely provoke a violent reaction...you can be arrested.

415© PC, a misdemeanor

Oh yes they do in California. If you use offensive words in a public place that will likely provoke a violent reaction...you can be arrested.

415© PC, a misdemeanor

1. You'd have to be arrested for it.

2. You'd most likely be fined and not thrown in jail. Unless you're a jerk to the judge, and then you'd be cited for contempt, which could carry a light jail sentence.

There are lots of laws on the books that are unenforced. There are lots of Carnival rules that are unenforced.

To clarify what I am trying (badly) to say, if you want to wear nice shorts and a shirt with a collar, that is fine, it does not both me either way. My family dresses up a little for normal nights, and suit/dress for formal/elegant night. But that is us.

The people I am talking about are the ones that say "my teen wont wear a dress shirt, or dress pants, they want to wear shorts, and a t-shirt or they wont come to the MDR" Sometimes kids need guided a little and it will help them grow as a person.

Continue the bashing if you need, Thank you and have fun.

Then stop telling people to go eat at the lido if you want to wear shorts in the MDR. It is allowed per their dress code.

1. You'd have to be arrested for it.

2. You'd most likely be fined and not thrown in jail. Unless you're a jerk to the judge, and then you'd be cited for contempt, which could carry a light jail sentence.

There are lots of laws on the books that are unenforced. There are lots of Carnival rules that are unenforced.

The penalty is up to 90 days in jail and/or up to $400 fine.

I have personally seen several people hit with this penal code section. We do arrest, book, fingerprint, and have their mug shot taken.Our judges have sentenced them to as little as a fine to 90 days in jail. This is one of my favorite PC codes. Almost as good as throwing a lit cigarette butt on the ground.($500 fine and 8 hours of community service.)

Archived