Anyone doing the HCG diet?

I'll be starting my next round on 6-30-12... well, actually a couple days before... I do injections and have been very successful. I'm on one of the hcg diet forums who support me. The people who have never tried this have no right to comment on this diet. Yes, it is low calories, but the inches just melt away... I lost almost 3 inches off my waist in three weeks and the same for my abdomen. You just don't get hungry when you use hcg. I've been a yo yo dieter my whole life and at least we get meat and veggies on this diet.

I've tried the gym routine, the 1200 calories, Weight Watchers three times and barely lost 10 pounds and journaled and followed their plan, so if you have never tried this plan... bud out... it's not for you.

Hip Hip Hooray for hcg and the success we get!

I'm starting my next round June 30th also! This will be round 2 for me and I lost 23 lbs the first round. I'm hoping to lost 65 more by our cruise next May. With hcg I know it can be done. :)

Kim

I did 4 rounds over an 18 month period of time. I lost a total of 67 pounds (over 1/3 of my wieght) and have been fairly stable now for 4 months. It is the only thing that ever worked for me. I tried so many different diets. i did WW, and a couple I bought off of TV infomercials. I would loose a little and then nothing.

This is the best thing out there.

I did 4 rounds over an 18 month period of time. I lost a total of 67 pounds (over 1/3 of my wieght) and have been fairly stable now for 4 months. It is the only thing that ever worked for me. I tried so many different diets. i did WW, and a couple I bought off of TV infomercials. I would loose a little and then nothing.

This is the best thing out there.

You give me hope.

2 1/2 years ago I severely fractured my ankle, heel and foot (hence my board name :D ) after two surgeries and bunch of pins and plates installed, I spent 18 months bed ridden, then in a wheelchair then a walker and then a cane.

The end game is that I can't run/treadmill, etc...other then walk or bike and then I am limited because, that is the extent of it. So trying to lose the weight I put on has been a real headache. I eat a pretty restricted diet anyway but I was looking for something to jump start me and get me more engaged and motivated. Losing the 1 or 2 pounds a week is not encouraging as I have about 65 to lose.

So, going all in for a 28 day cycle of injections and see how this goes. I read both sides of the coin and really, if it works (as it certainly appears to do according to the folks here) why not try it.

Thanks for the info. :)

You give me hope.

2 1/2 years ago I severely fractured my ankle, heel and foot (hence my board name :D ) after two surgeries and bunch of pins and plates installed, I spent 18 months bed ridden, then in a wheelchair then a walker and then a cane.

The end game is that I can't run/treadmill, etc...other then walk or bike and then I am limited because, that is the extent of it. So trying to lose the weight I put on has been a real headache. I eat a pretty restricted diet anyway but I was looking for something to jump start me and get me more engaged and motivated. Losing the 1 or 2 pounds a week is not encouraging as I have about 65 to lose.

So, going all in for a 28 day cycle of injections and see how this goes. I read both sides of the coin and really, if it works (as it certainly appears to do according to the folks here) why not try it.

I never exercised while on the diet. In fact you should definietely not do any exercise that you are not currently doing while on the diet. Men will loose 1-2 pounds a day average and women .5 lbs a day. But it is an average and as you get closer to your goal it slows down. Also make sure you get a real list of the acceptable foods. There is a great egroup on yahoo that has lots of information in their files and are really good at answering questions. I couldn't have done it without the info I got on that board. Also, don't be surprised by days with no weightloss, or even gains. It all works out at the end. The first few days I lost a lot of weight, and then it slowed done, so that the average was 0.5 lbs. Another thing, remember during the first few days you feel hungry (for me the first round was the worst), but it passes.

Good Luck. I loved this diet and have nothing but good things to say about it.

You give me hope.

Good luck! You will do great. Just stick to the diet and don't cheat. Cheating on hcg can set you back several days. And it's really easy to resist everything because you don't feel hungry at all. I love it!!

Just started yesterday have 87lbs I want to lose. I've tried a lot of diets and always lose a little but never enough to keep me motivated. Cruising September 1 and would like to be down 20 to 30 by then wish me luck :D

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Good luck to smith93m and MacBrokefoot - You will love how easy this diet is! If you have any questions - feel free to message me. There are also some great vlogs on youtube. I subscribe to several vloggers that keep me motivated. I am on R2P2D9 and I have lost 10 lbs. this round so far. Love it!

Keep us posted MacBrokefoot.

I broke both my hip and ankle and have had 2 fusions done on my ankle. The second one is taking but like you I can't run, jump, etc. so I've put on a lot of weight. Losing that extra weight will help the ankle so much......gotta get it done.

I will be starting HCG injections on Wednesday and have time to do one round before my cruise. I'm ready to get going.

Good luck txtraci! I love that you don't have to exercise to lose on hcg! I've lost 29 lbs. in 2 months. And part of that time I was off hcg and eating alot. Love it! I have 4 more injections on this round.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, looking for a little help here - just finished a business trip and started the HCG plan when I got back. The first 2 loading days I wound up losing and then gaining. I am now in day 4 (2 loads and then 2 VLCD) I have put on 5 lbs. I have followed the diet plan to a T. Weighed everything, made sure no oils, etc...drinking so much water I feel like a fish. Any ideas? Not getting frustrated, but want to make sure I am doing nothing wrong.

LOL, ok, so disregard my last post. Day 5 weigh in and I have lost 14.5 lbs. :eek:

That's a net loss of 9.5 lbs. if you disregard the 5 lbs I put on during the loading days. I use a doctor's scale with the sliding weights and balance and I have it calibrated properly so I know it is accurate. Regardless I weighed myself like 5 times to make sure. :D

I even wore a shirt to work that I had bought a year or so ago but was just a little bit too snug so I never wore it. Today, buttoned it and it hung off me like it was designed to do. :)

Next step - smaller sizes!

It's nice to fine a place I can ask questions about this...my SPARKPEOPLE site has removed HCG info.

This is my 1st DAY of a 2nd attempt, I am so excited. My MD didn't endorse the loading days, I hope this won't effect my weight loss.

More details to come! Best of luck to everyone...

Donna

Another 2.5 lbs. today... :D

If your reading these posts, obviously you are on or thinking about doing the HCG protocol. I would like to make a recommendation for reading.

It is a book called Weight-Loss Apocalypse. It looks at why we eat, what our motivations are, etc...all around the framework of the HCG protocol. I am the last one to read books like these, but someone else on another board recommended it as a good way to understand why the HCG protocol works with some and not with others. So, I took a chance.

While I haven't had any cravings, I do find that out of habit I begin looking for food at certain times of the day or while I am doing something. This book helps you to understand why that is happening. Once you learn why, it is easy to control and ignore them. Plus you learn why cheating on the protocol has a greater impact then when you are on a regular diet.

Archived