Anyone doing the HCG diet?

Hi! - I'm on load day 2, so day one of VCLD starts tomorrow. I lost 20 lbs. the first time I did hcg 3 yrs. ago. Didn't do the maintenance part (phase 3) - stupid me- so gained it back of course. I've done it a couple times since but keep giving up because it's so darn hard. But this time I'm determined & motivated! Booked our first cruise! I have just enough time to do a 40 day round plus P3.

And my naturopath has you do a 4th phase where you still weigh every day & are really careful.

I'm surprised this isn't a more popular thread. I know tons of people who have done hcg & a cruise is a perfect motivator! Anyway, I know I'll need some support & I'm hoping to find some here.:)

Hi Sunni - welcome to our quiet thread :-)

This is my first time using HCG drops. I am very happy with the rate of loss so far. I had to break my P2 for a business trip, and when I got back home, the gained pounds just dropped right off and I am still losing at a fast clip (8 lbs in 3 days). Since I had that break in P2 after only 26 days, I have decided to keep doing the P2 for another 21 days or so before doing P3.

Having never tried P3, I am not sure if I should expect to keep losing weight during that phase, or not. After I finish the 21 days of P3, then I am going to start P1/P2 again.

Have you tried the drops or do you use another form?

Hi Sunni - welcome to our quiet thread :-)

This is my first time using HCG drops. I am very happy with the rate of loss so far. I had to break my P2 for a business trip, and when I got back home, the gained pounds just dropped right off and I am still losing at a fast clip (8 lbs in 3 days). Since I had that break in P2 after only 26 days, I have decided to keep doing the P2 for another 21 days or so before doing P3.

Having never tried P3, I am not sure if I should expect to keep losing weight during that phase, or not. After I finish the 21 days of P3, then I am going to start P1/P2 again.

Have you tried the drops or do you use another form?

Some people do lose alittle more in P3 but this is a phase that you re-set the metabolism and stabilize. I know some people up their exercise some too and that helps with continued weight loss but for me to stabilize and maintain the lost weight is what worked for me.

Some people find it more beneficial to wait a few weeks between rounds. But know that many people jump right into their next rounds....good luck to you and great progress!

Pudy- sounds like you're doing great. Yes, I used the drops the first time and I'm using them this time. Tomorrow is my first VLCD day. I'm nervous. I know some people say they aren't very hungry a lot of the time. What is your experience? I was always starving. I hope it's different this time & I can stick it out. I know getting on the scale every morning is very rewarding - as long as I don't cheat. In the past I was always up & down. Down a pound or two if I did good and then up after a cheat. I swear I'm not going to cheat this time. We'll see!!

Hi! - I'm on load day 2, so day one of VCLD starts tomorrow. I lost 20 lbs. the first time I did hcg 3 yrs. ago. Didn't do the maintenance part (phase 3) - stupid me- so gained it back of course. I've done it a couple times since but keep giving up because it's so darn hard. But this time I'm determined & motivated! Booked our first cruise! I have just enough time to do a 40 day round plus P3.

And my naturopath has you do a 4th phase where you still weigh every day & are really careful.

I'm surprised this isn't a more popular thread. I know tons of people who have done hcg & a cruise is a perfect motivator! Anyway, I know I'll need some support & I'm hoping to find some here.:)

It is a very hard diet to do while on Phase 2. I have done it a few times. As for weighting your self daily even while on Phase 4 is probably a good thing. Because your weight can get away from you. If you are checking it at least every other day then when your weight goes up you will notice and be able to correct it easily.

Well this is a pretty popular thread to me. About 2-3 years ago I ask on here if anyone was doing Hcg Diet. Well I got more negative comments about how the diet was NOT a healthy diet. So being now people on here are talking about it is a good thing. Plus you have an on going thread now...

Anyways I'm starting Phase 3 Sat and dropped 17.8 pounds.

Pudy68, regarding the steak you can eat. I have belonged to an internet site for hcg support for a couple years. Our group actually did a "steak day" every Friday. Any kind of steak. Any amount. Because that's the only thing we ate that day besides a tomato. I always dropped two pounds that day, sometimes a bit more. We had quite a few in the weekly group that dropped the two pounds, but a few didn't lose that and it just didn't work for them. Since it works for me, I look forward to my Friday Steak Day!

The other thing we discovered in our group was eating one-half cantaloupe in place of one serving of fruit. This fruit was eaten just before bed with a glass of water and worked wonders for many.

It's worth a try to see how your body responds to these little tricks we have learned.

Enjoy the slide!

Well, I've survived a week so far. The first 2 days were easy of course, since they were load days! This is day 5 of VLC. Down 6 lbs. Yay! One morning I woke up feeling really sick & another I didn't lose anything, but this AM I was down 2lbs. It hasn't been too bad this time because it's a new formula and allows 750 calories instead of 500. Makes a huge difference.

chaching - thanks for chiming in on the steak issue. I got a booklet with the hcg drops, and in it, it discusses the steak day and cantaloupe day, as well as an apple day. All 3 are used to get over stalls in weightloss.

It's great to hear that I can eat any cut of steak that interests me. I love rib-eyes!

What is the name of your support group? I would like to check it out.

Good job to SunniDaze & Baylee!

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I are on a Dr. monitored diet similar to hcg but using protein drops instead. We are just ending 23 days and Ive lost 19 pounds! Unfortunately I have 50 more to lose but I feel better. I have had many people tell me how unhealthy this is but I do feel good. Since menopause its been so hard to lose weight.

Good luck to you all! Has anyone lost 70 or more pounds? If so how long did it take you?

My husband and I are on a Dr. monitored diet similar to hcg but using protein drops instead. We are just ending 23 days and Ive lost 19 pounds! Unfortunately I have 50 more to lose but I feel better. I have had many people tell me how unhealthy this is but I do feel good. Since menopause its been so hard to lose weight.

Good luck to you all! Has anyone lost 70 or more pounds? If so how long did it take you?

I haven't lost that much weight but have read about people that have.. Good luck. Yes if it's not a conventional way of losing weight then most people will look at it as unhealthy.

But you do have to change your way of eating for the long haul. I find I can't go back to eating carbs and sugar on a daily basis. I have gone to a Primal eating at least 90% of the time. Not that I want partake in wine and other goodies. But in my daily life I'm going to stay from those.

Hope things go well for you.

Good luck to you all! Has anyone lost 70 or more pounds? If so how long ou?

I did lose 70 pounds a few years ago. I am now 68 years old. It took me two years to lose the weight. I started out losing about two pounds a week, but it soon slowed to a pound a week, then slowed to a half a pound a week. Then it slowed even more.

I tried to stay at 1200 calories a day and walk an hour every day. It is very hard to stay at 1200, so many days I did hit 1500. I never took drops or meds to lose weight. I think one has to choose a diet for life. If one is using meds of any kind to lose weight, what happens when the meds are stopped or does one take the meds forever?

Bitter experience has shown me that if I allow the strict calorie limts to slip, I will gain weight. It is as simple as that. Eat too much...gain weight. That rule never fails for me. So I have to go back to carefully monitoring calorie intake. It is tough, but for some folks such as myself, weight maintenance is never an easy matter.

I admire anyone trying to lose weight. The hardest part is keeping lost weight off. Maintenance is a bear, no kidding. The battle just doesn't ever end.

Does anyone know the reason why P2 can only last for 40 days max? I did P2 for 25 days and then went off plan for one week while on a business trip. I kept taking the drops the whole week, though. When I got back home, I went right back to P2 eating and have been doing it for another 21 days.

I'm not sure if I should consider my second attempt at P2 a solo event and keep going until I reach day 40, or should I add both rounds of P2 (25 + 21 = 46 days) and stop now for P3. Does something go wrong inside the body if you stay on P2 longer than 40 days? I feel fine and I am still losing weight (about 30 lbs so far).

Pudy68 -in my opinion, you should stop now. They say your body becomes immune to the hcg if you go longer. Do P3, take a break - I can't remember right now how long of a break you need. Maybe just the 3 weeks it takes for P3. But anyway, take a break & do it again if you have more to lose. You've great so far!!

HeavySurf -the purpose of HCG is to reset the metabolism, and reshape the body. You don't stay on the HCG. If you do the diet correctly and especially the maintenance part (phase 3) which is when the metabolism is resetting, you shouldn't gain the weight back. As long as you eat a reasonably healthy diet (really watching carbs sugars). No need to count calories.

I'm not sure if it's typical. It's called Shape Reclaimed and my OB/GYN is my doctor. My husband actually is on it with me. This was my Christmas present from my hubby. I wanted to lose weight and with menopause was having trouble. This worked for me. I have lost the 20. We are on 3 weeks at 1,500 and then normal (with eating less starch and sugar though). Then after about 3-4 weeks of normal we can do another reduced calorie session if we want. I need to lose about 48 more pounds.

I've also had good success with HCG, though falling back to old habits between rounds has done me in. I've started again to do a round before our cruise in May (leaving a couple of weeks before to stabilize)

One book I would highly recommend for anyone on or considering HCG is "Weight-Loss Apocalypse" by Robin hipps Wooddall. The author has some new theories (based in research) on why this works. But more importantly, she really focusses on taking the opportunity while on HCG to break the habits of eating when not hungry.

One of the challenges I've seen people had with HCG, is that while it takes away physical hunger, it doesn't cure cravings, habits, or overwhelming desires to just put food in one's mouth. However, since HCG takes away the actual hunger part, it's easier to distinguish the other "fake" hunger symptoms and deal with them. This is really the focus of the book, and again I'd highly recommend it.

I think part of the problem is people think they can go back to the same way they use to eat. Frankly I think now after a few years of trying to find a "way of Eating" that works for me. I have gone to a Paleo way of eating. So far this is the only thing that seems to work. Its mainly eating meats, veggies, fruits, nuts and some dairy for me that cheese. And trying to eat organic as much as possible.

I stay away mainly from sugars, carbs and processed foods. Do I avoid them of course not. Its hard to do that now-a-days but I do limit them I lot.

I have done Hcg diet and do like it and it does get the weight off. But after doing the diet you do need to change the way you eat.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all - I ordered HCG1234 drops and have started the process. P1 was Sat and Sun. I started P2 yesterday and had some hunger, but nothing that I could not deal with. When I weighed in this morning I am down 1.2 lbs. I plan to follow the VLCD as closely as I can. I am leaving for our cruise on the 18th of May and would love to loose 10-15 lbs between now and then. I am sick of going to the store and buying bigger clothes. I am excited to see this thread. I know I will need to be careful on the cruise, but I know Ican do it.

Archived