Rome In Limo question

kitty62

Rome in Limo did a great job for us, on two different ports (Naples and Rome). We were back in plenty of time. I did tell them I wanted to be back an hour earlier than than necessary and we were back at that time.

They were professional and great to deal with. We had a great time with them.

J

No, they do not. But not to worry. We had the same issue, and nobody on the board responded to us either. So we asked table mates at dinner and they were happy to join us. You'll have no problem finding other couples on board that will be willing to do this if you ask around a bit.

And, it was great fun seeing Rome with new friends!!!

We may do that; Rome in Limo responded to my email saying that a lot of people book the 4 person car and then find another couple through the Roll Call forums or even on board the ship. I'm hoping our Roll Call thread gets more responses as we get closer to the date so we can plan for a 6 or 8 person group for each of the three ports and bring the cost down!

There isn't much I can add to what has already been posted about RIL. I used them when we took a W. Med cruise on the Norwegian Pearl and they were great. Got us back to the ship in plenty of time. We used them in Rome, Naples and Florence. Drivers were wonderful and tailored our day so that we could see everything we wanted. The guides in Pompeii and Rome were very interesting and knowledgeable I will definitely use RIL again.

I used Romeinlimo in October for 4 tours and 2 transfers. They were wonderful and several of my tours were very large, I never worried about missing the ship with them, they were very organized and made sure that we got to see everything and more we wanted and had us back to the ship in plenty of time. Don't hesitate to book this company they will take great care of you and you will have a much better time then on a ship tour. Linda

Our group of 6 used RIL for our 3 ports of call in Italy - Livorno, Civitavecchia and Naples. They were first class all the way. We got to see so much more than if we had done a ship's tour. The driver/guides were very courteous and knowledgeable, the vehicles were very clean, the lunch recommendations were great and the guides we requested for Pompeii and the Vatican were excellent. We would not have been able to cover as much ground as we did had we not used RIL. We had read many great reviews on CC and our experience was fantastic. From pickup at the pier to drop off at the end of the day - everything went very smoothly with no worries about missing the ship. We were picked up at 8am (all 3 were waiting for us with a sign prior to 8am) and dropped off at 5pm - missing the busloads getting back later in the day. Overall a great experience and I would highly recommend RIL for any Italy touring.

We used Rome In Limo in 2007 and were so very impressed we used them again in 2009. We will be using them the next time we visit Italy as well because they were so outstanding. They gave us the VIP treatment for the price all the other tour companies were charging. We have used many different tour companies in our travels and RIL far exceeds all of them!

Enjoy your honeymoon!!! Italy is magical

Its been 2 years since we were in Rome. However, how can you forget the kind, friendly driver we had from this company. He got our tickets to the Colloseum, took us to sites we had no idea how to get to and didn't think we would be able to, and answered every question we had. If you are thinknig about touring Rome... Choose this Company!!!

If you tell your driver what time you need to be back on the ship they will make sure you are their on time

I would not worry about Rome In Limo, they are a first class company. We used them for our stops in Rome and Florence and our drivers knew how much time we could spend at each stop, allowing us to see everything we wanted and then some, and still make it back to the ship with time to spare. We were not at all rushed during the day. They are very aware of the impotance of not missing the ship. They are efficient, knowledgeable, honest and very reliable. I recommend them to all my friends heading over to Italy and plan on using them when I return in October.

We did four tours on our cruise last year, all with Romeinlimo. It would take a very unusual situation that would cause them to be late getting you back to the ship. I wouldn't worry at all about that aspect, but do listen to your driver recommendations as to what time to depart your last stop. I can highly recommend this company. We had Vincenzo for Rome, Sara for our special Vatican guide, John for Florence and Giovanni for the Amalfi Coast. All of these individuals were outstanding. They can get you very close to all of the sites that you will be visiting and will also recommend great places for lunch. It is really the best way to go. Just relax and enjoy.

Archived