laundry on Jewel

jefarl

I read somewhere that NCL eliminated the washing machines/dryers on the Jewel. If so, anyone know if they do bulk wash throughout the week, not just once per cruise. We will have an infant with us and really need to do washes...

Laundry can be done anytime, you will have a bag in your cabin and can leave it for the steward. It is charged per item. There is a 'laundry special' once during a sailing and its everything you can cram into the laundry bag for one set price.

There is always the sink option and there is a laundry line in the shower. I am planning on bringing a travel line with me made from rubber bands. There is a how-to online.

NCL removed the self service laundry from all their ships more than a year ago.

You can have laundry done any day. Just put the laundry in the bag provided, fill out the laundry ticket, and give everything to your room steward. The $25 per bag laundry special however, is generally offered only once a week...although were on two cruises where it was offered more frequently.

I read somewhere that NCL eliminated the washing machines/dryers on the Jewel. If so, anyone know if they do bulk wash throughout the week, not just once per cruise. We will have an infant with us and really need to do washes...

That's correct no more self laundry. You should find either a paper bag or at least a price list in your closet. If not ask your room steward .

They will run a laundry special I think it's once during seven day cruise for a set price either 19.99 or 24.99 for a bag full, however you may not get your things back the next day, it depends on how busy they are but if you send stuff out on your own y'll get it back next day.

That's correct no more self laundry. You should find either a paper bag or at least a price list in your closet. If not ask your room steward .

They will run a laundry special I think it's once during seven day cruise for a set price either 19.99 or 24.99 for a bag full, however you may not get your things back the next day, it depends on how busy they are but if you send stuff out on your own y'll get it back next day.

\

What do you mean by sending things out on your own?

Hi all,

Just got off the Jewel yesterday. They offered the $25 for a full bag special TWICE this week. Once on Tuesday and then again on Wednesday. I took advantage of it as I was traveling with a toddler and a husband who runs (sweaty!!!) and I stuffed ALOT into that bag! You get the clothing back the next day.

We had a great time on the cruise. It was our first. Great Stirrup Cay was AMAZINGLY beautiful. No bugs around us. My older girls (11 yo) snorkeled. The baby floated in her floaty boat. Weather was perfect.

Hi all,

Just got off the Jewel yesterday. They offered the $25 for a full bag special TWICE this week. Once on Tuesday and then again on Wednesday. I took advantage of it as I was traveling with a toddler and a husband who runs (sweaty!!!) and I stuffed ALOT into that bag! You get the clothing back the next day.

I was trying to remember and you're right, they did offer it twice on our sailing! We had our 14 month old w/ us as well and just overpacked for him though rather than deal w/ laundry since his clothes don't take up a lot of space. We did however bring a little container of oxyclean powder and occasionally rinsed and presoaked soiled items in the sink and hung them on the line in the shower stall. Thankfully, he's old enough that the majority of his laundry is from the mess he makes while eating more so than the other usual suspects for stained baby clothes...

Archived