Solticized? How will that change the Summit?

Bell Ringer

We have not been on X for about 8 years, so I am clueless on the terminology "solticized" . What changes will be made to the Summit when it goes to dry dock this year? We are cruising next May and will have many questions and comparisons to RCI ships.

:confused:

We have not been on X for about 8 years, so I am clueless on the terminology "solticized" . What changes will be made to the Summit when it goes to dry dock this year? We are cruising next May and will have many questions and comparisons to RCI ships.

:confused:

Hi Bell Ringer:)....her solstizing won't be happening till 2011. So no

drydock for Summit in 2010.

In 2008 Celebrity came out with a new class of ship. S Class with the first

ship being Solstice.

The S class are bigger with quite a few different dining venues and the M class ships (Constellation was just finished) are having new restaurants

added, Tuscan Grille and Bistro on 5. The Martini Bar is also being moved

and the Champagne bar is being removed.

So basically, they are revising the M class ships, making them more

like the S class.

Joe just gave you a good link to the changes.

Do you know when in 2011 the dry dock will be scheduled? I thought I had read somwhere that it was to be November 2010....but can't find any details.

Hi Bell Ringer:)....her solstizing won't be happening till 2011. So no

drydock for Summit in 2010.

In 2008 Celebrity came out with a new class of ship. S Class with the first

ship being Solstice.

The S class are bigger with quite a few different dining venues and the M class ships (Constellation was just finished) are having new restaurants

added, Tuscan Grille and Bistro on 5. The Martini Bar is also being moved

and the Champagne bar is being removed.

So basically, they are revising the M class ships, making them more

like the S class.

Joe just gave you a good link to the changes.

Do you know when in 2011 the dry dock will be scheduled? I thought I had read somwhere that it was to be November 2010....but can't find any details.

Hi:) nope, not this year.

Here is the full Press release. Summit is not being done till the winter

2011/2012.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/aboutceleb/pressDetails.do;jsessionid=0000u5G70B6TwoC2JaMtIoQ9Klz:12hdebebp?pagename=press_room_details&event_date=2010-04-21&event_type=press_release&sequence_code=A

Early winter 2011/2012.

I did a search for you and came up with this too:

Infinity Nov 2011

Summit Nov 2012....

Miillennium April 2012

Lois- Thanks for your update. Am a little disappointed, but going to Bermuda is always a treat for us, no matter how we get there. Have done one cruise on the old Zenith, then 3 on RCI . I am sure we will enjoy every minute.

I guess we will just have to schedule a cruise on a Solsticized ship at a later day. (is that the way to say it?)

Lois- Thanks for your update. Am a little disappointed, but going to Bermuda is always a treat for us, no matter how we get there. Have done one cruise on the old Zenith, then 3 on RCI . I am sure we will enjoy every minute.

I guess we will just have to schedule a cruise on a Solsticized ship at a later day. (is that the way to say it?)

Or you could always sail on one of the Solstice class ships. You will not be disappointed. Aquaclass is a wonderful experience, one not found on other ships. Also loved the Solarium and the Lawn Club, other unique Solstice class features.

Or you could always sail on one of the Solstice class ships. You will not be disappointed. Aquaclass is a wonderful experience, one not found on other ships. Also loved the Solarium and the Lawn Club, other unique Solstice class features.

I don't believe any of the other ships are 7 day cruises to Bermuda with 3 days in Bermuda. That is why we chose to go X rather than continue with RCI. We did manage to cruise on the one cruise last year that RCI had with 3 days in Bermuda! Correct me if I am wrong.

I would assume that Summit will receive similar upgrades that the Constellation just got. There is an excellent slide show on CC. The email address is:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/virtual/virtual.cfm?ID=37

Be sure to look at all 3 sets of slides.

Thanks so much for this link. After viewing the before and after pictures, I don't think I would be disappointed in the least taking the ship before refurbishment. The public spaces, suites and cabins look different, but still beautiful, both before and after. We are on the Infinity in January 2011 and am sure we will find the ship beautiful without the renovations, though perhaps with some worn carpeting.

I don't believe any of the other ships are 7 day cruises to Bermuda with 3 days in Bermuda. That is why we chose to go X rather than continue with RCI. We did manage to cruise on the one cruise last year that RCI had with 3 days in Bermuda! Correct me if I am wrong.

Hi Mary Lynn, you are correct. Summit is the only ship sailing to Bermuda.

Archived