Back from the Summit today

Hobie1976

I recently took my first X cruise on the Summit to Bermuda. I have sailed with RCCL and Disney. My experience is that it was very similar to RCCL in food and service and condition of the ship but not even close to the level of service and food on Disney. Now....of course I would sail the Summit again in a heartbeat! I got an extremely good deal and felt I got my money's worth. If I had paid the initial fare I would have be disappointed. We had several price drops.

Don't be afraid to go on your cruise but also don't expect to be going on a luxury cruise either.

Jenn

I am shocked that a classy line like Celebrity would leave cabins in such poor condition.

Maybe we should re-think our decision to go on the Summit:(

for our Labor day Summit sailing we are paying "luxury" prices so we expect Celebrity to have it's act together by then on Summit--thanks for all the reviews & comments

Did anyone get dropped off &/or picked up by a limo svc? If so how did it work out..that's what we plan to do to avoid driving from LI & parking at the pier....

Also how were the seas?

we also have Silhoueete booked for Jan 2012, so we hope Cape Liberty is not too much of a hassle! We'll see how we like sailing from the North

Did anyone get dropped off &/or picked up by a limo svc? If so how did it work out..that's what we plan to do to avoid driving from LI & parking at the pier....

We used Dial 7 to go from the pier to Manhattan, and were satisfied. Booked online about a month in advance, and called them about an hour before pick up so they could give us the car's number (not licence plate but a number they put by the window so you can recognize it among all the cars that are going to be at the pier when you disembark).

Driver was on time, the car was nice. Will book them again if disembarking in Bayonne.

Guest maddycat
He has a big fear (because of something he read, but can't find now) of getting to the cruise parking terminal and not finding a parking spot. :confused:

That will not be a problem. We sailed on the Summit on April 25th. I was also concerned about there being enough parking since RCI's Explorer of the Seas also sails out of Bayonne.

There was plenty of parking to accommondate both ships.

That will not be a problem. We sailed on the Summit on April 25th. I was also concerned about there being enough parking since RCI's Explorer of the Seas also sails out of Bayonne.

There was plenty of parking to accommondate both ships.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I will tell DH this!!

We did book today and will be sailing on June 27th!! :D

Archived