How Easy Is It To Get a Taxi At Port Canaveral?

MD VBMom

When we got off of our Princess Cruise last November in FLL, it was sooo very easy to grab a taxi (one that was a mini van at that!). We simply walked off of the ship and were directed to where there was a line of taxi's waiting. We stepped right up and were loaded right in. It was all done quite orderly. Do you know if we can expect the same at Port Canaveral? We've got a mini van rental (through Avis) but it's $119.00 for one way to MCO. I'm pretty sure we can get at least the same price or better with a taxi. I'd rather not book a shuttle company. Thanks....

It's very easy to grab a cab/mini van.......your cost to MCO is probably going to be about the same (maybe a bit more) than your one-way rental.

I had that conversation with our cab driver over to the port and I can't remember exactly but I believe it was somewhere around $125 & up to go to the airport...

Orlando Airport site lists estimated cost of a taxi at $105 Orlando to PC - that would be plus tip

I'd expect the cost the other way to be at least that and possibly more. The PC area is small towns and while there are taxi there certainly aren't as many as you'll find in the big city. A trip to Orlando takes the taxi out of action for 2 hours with no hope of a return fare.

I don't know what the law is about their refusing a fare but it wouldn't surprise me if a local taxi balked.

Rental car or shuttle is the better plan.

Leaving FOS a week ago I did not see the line of waiting taxi typical in Miami or Lauderdale. I did see a line of shuttles . . .

Archived