Just found THE most comfortable flip-flops

http://www.sanuk.com/product/341038/SWS2140/Sandals_(All)/FRAIDY_CAT

I bought mine in a girl's size 1-2 because I have freakishly small, narrow feet. Oddly enough, the girl's version of this sandal is exactly the same on top but with a black molded foot bed and sole that, to me, is more comfortable and attractive.

I wore them all day at work today and my feet feel great despite a high arch.

I bought them at Ron Jon's Surf Shop in Cocoa Beach, FL but they might be handled elsewhere.

Those are really cute -- I love the turquoise colours on the strap, very beachy. The ones that are bluish/purplish are also nice. I may have to order myself a pair of these . . . I know you said you ordered a girl's size; do you have any idea of how true to women's sizes the fit is?

I just checked to see if they are sold by zappos.com. They are! Order a women's pair from Zappos. Zappo's offers free shipping to you AND to them if you have to return them. Ya can't lose!

Yes, they are very squishy and make wearing them so comfy - no annoying rough places.

Love the colors, esp. the orange/red/etc pair. Also love that kind of footwear when going through security at airports. Easy to slip off a shoe, slip on a sock while balancing on one foot---all without putting a bare foot on the filthy floor. Just a little extra----socks are put in the trash once I get through security.

Unfortunately, with my freakishly small, short feet/narrow heel, I can't wear women's sizes.

I am just happy that this company makes some adult-looking kid's sizes; the Barney and Stawberry Shortcakes lines just don't cut it for me anymore - lol!

Unfortunately, with my freakishly small, short feet/narrow heel, I can't wear women's sizes.

I am just happy that this company makes some adult-looking kid's sizes; the Barney and Stawberry Shortcakes lines just don't cut it for me anymore - lol!

I NEEDED that laugh this morning. So TY. I wear an 11.{since I was 15}You could fit BOTH your teeny feet into one of my sleds! But I kind of obsess over my feet. do you? b/c mine are so big,Ive always been poked at for it. like Boat paddle feet,sasqucach, flipper feet,could be professional barefoot skier, you NAME it sista,Ive been called it! but yes,those are MY big ole boats in my avatar. I slapped Tattoo's on them,thus drawing even MORE un needed attention,lol.

Not in a major way but in the "I SO don't want my shoes to look like I stole 'em from a kindergartner" way. True story: About 15 years ago I met Mikhail Gorbachev at a speech at my college. I put my hand out to shake his, he grasped my hand with both of his and says in lovely accented English, "dear, you have the SMALLEST feet!" Right. THAT is what I want Mikhail Gorbachev to remember me for.

I am small everywhere, 5'2", about 105 pounds and finally can find clothes easily enough but shoes - oh, what a teeth-gnashing, tear-producing operation to find ones I like. I am also a very minimalist personality so I much prefer unfussy, sleek solids as opposed to patterns, etc. so that further limits my choices.

Oh, I can't believe people would comment on your feet like that. You seem to take it in stride (grin), though. I LOVE the tattoo on your foot and from the pic, your feet don't look excessively long, just slim and in good shape.

You rock on with your slim feet, girlfriend!

Not in a major way but in the "I SO don't want my shoes to look like I stole 'em from a kindergartner" way. True story: About 15 years ago I met Mikhail Gorbachev at a speech at my college. I put my hand out to shake his, he grasped my hand with both of his and says in lovely accented English, "dear, you have the SMALLEST feet!" Right. THAT is what I want Mikhail Gorbachev to remember me for.

I am small everywhere, 5'2", about 105 pounds and finally can find clothes easily enough but shoes - oh, what a teeth-gnashing, tear-producing operation to find ones I like. I am also a very minimalist personality so I much prefer unfussy, sleek solids as opposed to patterns, etc. so that further limits my choices.

Oh, I can't believe people would comment on your feet like that. You seem to take it in stride (grin), though. I LOVE the tattoo on your foot and from the pic, your feet don't look excessively long, just slim and in good shape.

First, WOW wow about meeting MG! truly anunforgettable experinece for you both. :)

You may be small,but Im large.I do "tall ppl things" for my Memaw who is similar in size to you. Im 5'7 1/2,and 200. Im a whopper,lol..My Aunt told me when I was 14 if I ever grew into my feet I was gonna be 6'11! Um No! lol. My tattoo.2 flowers,one for each of my boys, a bee for my RIP GD and 3 lady bugs 1 for my niece and 2 nephews and plenty of room for more,Lord willing! {I have a Magnolia on my back thats pretty large too}. And Yes, I take it in stride,large ones,lol.:p and Im gonna tell EVERYONE you said my feet are nice! honey, ya made my day!!!

I hope you have a good one! Ive gotta go to Ms today,to see said Great Aunt and extended fam. Im excited. Oh,and I have a lead foot too,lol.

First, WOW wow about meeting MG! truly anunforgettable experinece for you both. :)

You may be small,but Im large.I do "tall ppl things" for my Memaw who is similar in size to you. Im 5'7 1/2,and 200. Im a whopper,lol..My Aunt told me when I was 14 if I ever grew into my feet I was gonna be 6'11! Um No! lol. My tattoo.2 flowers,one for each of my boys, a bee for my RIP GD and 3 lady bugs 1 for my niece and 2 nephews and plenty of room for more,Lord willing! {I have a Magnolia on my back thats pretty large too}. And Yes, I take it in stride,large ones,lol.:p and Im gonna tell EVERYONE you said my feet are nice! honey, ya made my day!!!

I hope you have a good one! Ive gotta go to Ms today,to see said Great Aunt and extended fam. Im excited. Oh,and I have a lead foot too,lol.

i'm a big fan of the Teva "mush" sandals. they are so squishy.

Yuck.

Bookish, have you tried Rainbows? I've been wearing them for 25 years and haven't found anything close. Tried Locals (Hawaii), Keno (Key West) Havainas (Brazil) Ron Jons (Florida) and still nothing compares.

Glad you found a pair you like!

• 2 weeks later...

Talking about comfy thongs and walking shoes, if you have access to a brand called "Orthoheel" I bought these yesterday. These are a pharmancy line and altohugh a little pricey, they will last for years. ...just perfect for many years of cruising ahead. They fit like a glove and I'm sure I'll live in them.

The walkers I purchased are black too but chose this picture for illustration.

Talking about comfy thongs and walking shoes, if you have access to a brand called "Orthoheel" I bought these yesterday. These are a pharmancy line and altohugh a little pricey, they will last for years. ...just perfect for many years of cruising ahead. They fit like a glove and I'm sure I'll live in them.

The walkers I purchased are black too but chose this picture for illustration.

those are cute! and I hope they work well for ya!

I have to second the praise for Fit Flops! They are SO comfy! They are more comfortable than my tennis shoes.

I bought a couple of pair of those Okabashi flip flops because the styles are cuter now, they were cheap, and they felt squishy. Unfortunately, the fall off my feet! I have to really focus on flexing my toes to keep them on me so my feet cramp.

Being from Hawaii, we were raised wearing "flip flops" or as we locals call them, slippers. That being said, most (not all) have poor arch support so I only wear them at home or quick jaunts to the grocery store.

I wear mine all the time. and as "slippers" in my house too,esp in summer time,spring and fall. bout the only time you don't see me in ff is dec-feb when its too cold to wear them outside. And I agree about poor arch support,but they are too comfy to put up.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived