a couple bottles of vodka

bigboy1955

if i bring two suitcases checked thru the porters and each has 1 bottle in a zip lock bag wrapped in a towel , will it pass security, is hit hit or miss or do they thru everything

please dont judge if im a bad person. just looking for honest answers from people who have done it. not into buying those hidden devices ( rum runners) just yet... new to cruising

thanks

if i bring two suitcases checked thru the porters and each has 1 bottle in a zip lock bag wrapped in a towel , will it pass security, is hit hit or miss or do they thru everything

please dont judge if im a bad person. just looking for honest answers from people who have done it. not into buying those hidden devices ( rum runners) just yet... new to cruising

thanks

Okay, I have to go there...were you dipping into the vodka early :cool:? You got a few typos in there buddy. LOL

thanks

okokwewillnotjudgeyou

allcruiselinesarecrackingdownonsmugglingsometimesthebulldoesnotlose

Okay, I have to go there...were you dipping into the vodka early :cool:? You got a few typos in there buddy. LOL

Luckily for me there is a rule on CC about mentioning someone's typos ... I know I sure make lots of them. Especially before Iv had my morning coffee.

People must think I start drinking early.

thanks

Not if security is doing their job and lately they seem to be doing their job.

thanks

In a booze bottle, in a rum runner, or in a soda bottle, Listerine bottle, WHATEVER. It WILL show up as an alcoholic beverage on the security X Ray. Whether they do anything about it or not is a totally different question. It will be properly identified by security. They are not Carnival.

rumrunners.com I think that will get you there. I bought some for friends going on Grandeur OS last year and they worked fine. Having said that I don't know that I'm going to bother as Carnival will let me buy 1L bottles from Bon Voyage. Admittedly at very inflated prices,but at least I'll be able to make a drink to suit my taste. My understanding is RCI doesn't offer that option-I may be wrong-don't really care as my Glory cruise was a better deal. :) As I recall there was a code or something on the order of repeat customer or some such that got you a discount- don't remember exactly,but if you search these boards for rumrunners or rumrunners repeat code I'm sure you'll find it. HAPPY SAILS TO YOU!

thanks

Maybe...............maybe not;)

It's a gamble, if you bring it and it gets taken you can't get upset because you knew you weren't supposed to bring it.

I have only brought on Baileys because they don't sell that brand through the BV club but another irish cream and I only like Baileys.

It's a hassle to smuggle and might not make it. To me I'd rather spend an extra 20 (the bottles are about double what we pay at home) through the BV department and just have it waiting in our room. But we don't drink a whole lot either so we can go either way.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.

BTW I use bubble wrap around my baileys with a large ziplock and then roll jeans around it, that way if it breaks it's contained (hopefully) in the plastic and soaked mostly up by the jeans.

Carole

Unless it has changed the discount code is simpley the word REPEAT

I had soft drinks in one of my checked bags last month. I was not aware of the new policy that sodas had to be carried on. My bag arrived late to the wrong and inside my suitcase was a letter from Carnival stating that during x-ray it showed to possibly contain a prohibited item and therefore bag was searched but it checked out fine.

You can get rumrunners from Amazon dot com. It's one investment that we can highly recommend. Four cruises straight and we have not experienced any problems smuggling on board sweet tea vodka and bacardi rum.

We'll be using them on our next cruise to Alaska. Only smuggling a bottle of Kaluha that we bought on board Glory last month. Figured with the cool weather we'll be experiencing coffee and kaluha will be our daily DOD.

Good luch!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

where can I get a rum runner?

try the search button for a gazillion threads on that topic :)

You've done your 3000 post. Time to find something else to do.

Archived